Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 2020.20.17 today as well. While -17 sounds older, according to Telsafi, it actually appeared on the same day as 2020.24.6.4 (3/7/20), so presumably they are both adding some related feature.
38% of the worldwide Telsafi/Tesla fleet (across all marques) now have 2020.24.6.4 installed, while only 1.8% has 2020.20.17. I do find it hard to believe 38% of Telsa owners have coughed for FSD! I wonder if they are using 2020.20.17 to benchmark something in 2020.24.6.4 somehow?

Anyone know if the mobile app will show a pending update if it can't connect to the car? My car is parked a few floors underground where there is no mobile coverage, and only driven every few days at present.
My garage did not have WiFi until 4 months after purchase. My recollection is the car screen would tell me when an update was available to download via the screen icon, and tapping the icon would ask to connect the car to WiFi. Which I did via hotspot.

So clearly the car can find out when an update is ready to download if it can sniff the mobile network (either in the garage, or in your case, when you drive into cellular coverage). However, it won’t download the update over the mobile network, and the App won’t tell you a download is available.

Reactions: moa999
Anyone know if the mobile app will show a pending update if it can't connect to the car?

My car is parked a few floors underground where there is no mobile coverage, and only driven every few days at present.
I was in the same position until recently as I park my car underground as well. Recently the building installed fibre to the building and we got WiFi in the garage. Since then I have received a number of updates in the garage and the phone then reports an update is available. I don’t think the app looks for the update, only the car does and the app notifies you then.

Reactions: moa999
@jason66 if I pull the stalk when the "there's a light ahead" (either 100m or 200m out) message shows up it will go through the light, but will stop if they light changes after pulling the stalk. In the previous version it used to be far more insistent on stopping at the light especially when pulling the stalk early at the 200m out warning - there always came a 100m and a 75m warning on top of the 200m one that I had already cleared. So there is some change, but it's not as automatic as in the US.

From the couple of runs I've done with the system enabled, it seems to do a pretty good job at judging what action to take when the light turns yellow after a green confirmation. I've had it run the yellow, with it still being yellow as I cleared the intersection, and I've had it commence stopping on yellow, arriving at the line on a red light.

Admittedly both feel a little unnatural - proceeding through a yellow, the car maintains it's speed, whereas human nature is to speed up just a little. Likewise stopping for yellow/red feels a little too late and abrupt, but is consistent with the way the car approaches a red light.

I would like to see it roll out of the throttle just as it has identified a red light or at least when I've confirmed the red, that would feel a little more normal to me, but I might be a little more conservative than other drivers.

Weirdly enough my car downloaded 24.6.4 from 20.17 this morning.

However I see a date/time on software last check status - probably a new thing which was introduced in this iteration?
Also for me, in the release notes there are no references to stop sign recognition - may be because I haven't signed up for FSD.

20200708_091241.jpg

I think you just answered your own question. ;)

All a function on the app design.
Mobile App knows your VIN so could easily lookup a central DB to see if anything is pending for that VIN.
It certainly updated the price for FSD without being connected to the car.

But from the posts by Vostok and meloccom does seem that the car may need notification first in this case.

Good news with the latest update is that for some reason the greyed out "USB Format" is now not greyed out. Not sure what happened there.

While I do understand that sentry mode has a decent battery drain, I drained 7% of my battery overnight (LR), so I am going to watch this more carefully over the new few days.