Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's concerning that they are not already carefully differentiating between signals as it is commonplace to have green signals and stop arrows (and vise versa) in the same light array.
It's not common - we're the exception.

And what kind of AI would it take to understand and respond to this?:

upload_2020-9-11_13-1-30.png

La Trobe St traffic light cluster - Before & After

It's not common - we're the exception.

And what kind of AI would it take to understand and respond to this?:

View attachment 586926

La Trobe St traffic light cluster - Before & After

It wasn't an overly complex set of lights. The screen shot below was the set where the event happened. The arrow was red, but the round light was green. The car was halfway travelling straight through the intersection and decided the red arrow meant it had to stop in line with these lights.

Attachments

• upload_2020-9-11_13-47-26.png
    upload_2020-9-11_13-47-26.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 58
It wasn't an overly complex set of lights. The screen shot below was the set where the event happened. The arrow was red, but the round light was green. The car was halfway travelling straight through the intersection and decided the red arrow meant it had to stop in line with these lights.

Interesting. You've just put to bed my working hypothesis that it's only misinterpreting the solid pedestrian zone lines on the departure side of the intersection (as being the start of another intersection). Your photo showed broken pedestrian zone lines. Back to the mental gymnastics drawing board.

except Melbourne. Even natural intelligence fails to decipher proper use of the roadways there. Right turn from the left lane, trams, random bicycles running interference, pedestrians who may or may not have the right of way... that light cluster someone posted above made me chuckle. I'm convinced to this day VIC police have their hands in vicroads purposefully make the signage and rules completely ambiguous so as to fill the infringement coffers. I seem to have about a 50/50 chance when visiting MEL to run afoul of some bizarre rule, get the side of my car kicked by a cyclist, or nosy coppers on bicycles sneak attacking phone use while stopped at a light.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
so 36.10 doesn't seem to go through all traffic lights on its own. Many (if not most) it still stops for regardless of green/red. On top of that, it sometimes seems to think there's a traffic light ahead when there isn't - not sure if that's camera based logic, or faulty/offset GPS position. The Sydney harbour bridge however can now be driven on autopilot, it no longer mistakes the lane indicators for traffic lights.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
2020.36.10 introduced a weird autosteer steering jerk the second you pass a turning lane on a major road. Not every one, but it happens. It steers you towards the turning lane and then immediately re-centres itself in your current lane. Weird and a little disturbing.

Yes there are certain spots where I get this as well, although it has been happening prior to 2020.36.10. One example is at the turn off to Michelago on the Monaro Highway, northbound and southbound, the car will attempt to turn off no matter what speed you are doing.
Also northbound on Woodcock Drive in Gordon, Canberra the car will always attempt to enter the turn right lane for Preddey Way.
I know these spots but it is always in the back of your mind when driving on a new stretch of road.

I really don't understand these options in the app.

Screenshot_20200919-212440.png

Enhanced Autopilot @ $5,100.00 looks effectively like what I could have had if I paid the full amount when I got my car in Dec. 2019. However, Full Self-Driving Capability @ $10,100.00 mentions Navigate on Autopilot, omits Auto Lane Change and includes TACC that I have in a standard car?

I see no value in the $5,100.00 option and given the issues I have with TACC and Autopilot I'll leave the full self-driving until that gets more stable. Ultimately, I can see myself purchasing another car and buying full self-driving for that rather than my current M3P+.