Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Think school zones based on the mapping data still.
I've been passed quite a few school zones out of school hours.
Majority have been ignored outright.
Minority it's seen the 40 and displayed it briefly, but then the sign disappears (presumably as it matches to school zone) and no speed change
And then once it took me to 40 (in a 60 zone)
No, mine was definitely based on sign not map data
The key difference is it changes within a couple of metres of the sign rather than 50 metres down the road after

>>Would it be fair to say if you see a visualisation of the sign drift past then it was sign recognition. If you don't then it's map data? Thoughts?<<

Regardless of the answer to that - on the S at least, the various icons like lights and speed signs come into view at such short range and you pass them so quickly that you really only see them if your attention is on the binnacle. Not a brilliant way to drive! Plus, they are so small that I find them just about impossible to read as they flash past me.

>>Would it be fair to say if you see a visualisation of the sign drift past then it was sign recognition. If you don't then it's map data? Thoughts?<<

Regardless of the answer to that - on the S at least, the various icons like lights and speed signs come into view at such short range and you pass them so quickly that you really only see them if your attention is on the binnacle. Not a brilliant way to drive! Plus, they are so small that I find them just about impossible to read as they flash past me.
Agree with that. Reading the road signs is far easier, but I presume this is all about settingbup for ‘FSD’
I’ve started looking at speed signs more intently. The number of signs that mean anything other than the speed is staggering. End 40 area. 25 when lights flashing. 60 if lights out. Everytime the speed has a circle around it. Then their is the thinking roadworker yesterday who put a 60 on one side of the road and a 50 on the other....

The number of signs that mean anything other than the speed is staggering. End 40 area. 25 when lights flashing. 60 if lights out. Everytime the speed has a circle around it. Then their is the thinking roadworker yesterday who put a 60 on one side of the road and a 50 on the other....

"End 40 area" at least the car recognises as such - it renders it as the black slashed circle.

I’m getting a lot of false 40 zones - even when there are no signs to mark the area as such. Not sure if the algorithm is aggregating data and picking up errors from signs on busses.

@paulp is right about the myriad of signs out there where context is everything- tricky for machine learning