Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on 48.10 and just did Gold Coast to Dubbo (avoiding Sydney on the way to Victoria) via a stay at Kempsey. Anyway, I haven't been on a road trip in ages and noticed that my M3P was a bit jittery near some exits. When moving along at 100 km/h it's a bit disconcerting. Otherwise the trip has been uneventful with far less phantom braking events than previously, but they are still annoying when they happen.

Anyone else noticed the jitters at exits? It's like it thinks for a split second that it's going to take the exit and then corrects it.

• Informative
Reactions: ICUDoc
Got 48.10 a couple of days ago and found it more conservative in urban areas in limited testing

Had two red warnings on car in front where I was very unlikely to hit.
And one red pedestrian warning on a person jaywalking but almost already crossed when the alert appeared.

I'm on 48.10 and just did Gold Coast to Dubbo (avoiding Sydney on the way to Victoria) via a stay at Kempsey. Anyway, I haven't been on a road trip in ages and noticed that my M3P was a bit jittery near some exits. When moving along at 100 km/h it's a bit disconcerting. Otherwise the trip has been uneventful with far less phantom braking events than previously, but they are still annoying when they happen.

Completed Dubbo to Kyabram, crossing the Victoria border at Wodonga (about 40 mins delay through the town rather than on highway, but could have been quicker as some roads were closed).

Phantom braking on curving rises when cars are coming the opposite way is still a problem. Also, I had a shocker on the Hume Highway where someone had pulled over with mechanical issues. It was in a safe place, but the car braked hard 110->90ish.

We came through Cowra to get a boost at their Visitor Centre destination charges. With 2 adults, 2 kids, a full boot and some rain we were probably not going to make it to Gundagai, even at a 100% charge. The Old Gundagai Road is a bit of a goat track with faded markings and pot hole repairs all over the place. When the car was in TACC and I moved to avoid some pothole/rough tarmac it complained when I crossed the centre line, asking me to take control.

At Gungagai I tried the Chargefox rapid charger and it was ramping up fast to over 180 KW when I walked away. However, after about 10-15 mins I checked my phone to see the charging was interrupted. I'm not sure if that's a Tesla software problem or a Chargefox issue, but I moved the car to the supercharges to finish the session. All the supercharges along the way were faultless.

After one year, I learned that you don't need to push the gear stalk all the way down (so it clicks) for the Autopilot double tap. Felt like an idiot, haha!

After one year, I learned that you don't need to push the gear stalk all the way down (so it clicks) for the Autopilot double tap. Felt like an idiot, haha!

Best thing I have learnt is you can hold down the gear stalk while autopilot is engaged to change speeds when going through a new speed zone, instead of clicking the screen all the time, also don't need to engage a full click, just slightly down works as well like what you discovered

Moa999 taught me that one I should add, credit to them a few pages back

Hmm sounds xmasy

Unwrapping present...

Attachments

• IMG_20201222_173710.jpg
    IMG_20201222_173710.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 74
And I think based on that partnership that NRMA will use Chargefox for billing when they start charging for the 50kW units (I suspect sometime in 2021).

Seems a very rapid rollout of 2020.48.12.1
Got it only 2 days after .10
And TeslaFi shows it installed and pending to well over 70% of fleet.