Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Gratulin The driving visualisations are very important, not just for those with FSD. Your TACC (cruise control) functions the same way as the FSD one, and if you ever want to understand why the car slows, you want to see what the car sees. The visualisations do that (to a certain extent). If you have zero interest in why the car does what it does, you can buy any other EV that is a traditional car running on electric, and you have wasted a lot of money. Tesla's true innovation lies in the camera/radar/ultrasonic alone self drive features, not so much the electric propulsion. Anyone can do the latter these days.
I was only really making the point that it would be nice to display other information instead of the visualisation when not wanting or needing the visualisation. I don’t want to buy another car - I like our Tesla!

Reactions: Fazza
At some point Tesla in Aus will have to offer to install on cars if gov here pull their head in on EVs but perhaps if have harness already may not be a hard job ..I m sure there LL be a adapter harness to a typical 2 inch 4w speaker.

The closed.circuit with speaker connected will likely flag the software to show up the boombox feature and emissions control.outside speaker option
Just saw U tube by daerik and he tried installing the ped speaker.. boombox didn't come up. (Cry)

Just had the update installed this afternoon and I think it all looks pretty good. I like the addition of solitaire, my favorite game so far.

I went for a drive via Samford Village, Mt Mee, Maleny and Coolum Beach yesterday and the car was a pleasure to drive.

The addition of Ludicrous mode for a more enthusiastic launch will be nice when implemented.

Not sure if this correct forum. My car 6years old and climbing still terrific. A few months ago received notice to connect to Wi-Fi which I have never done. This apparently to receive additional navigation . Is this necessary- or a good idea?

There's a lot of new suburbs/roads/freeways/bypasses out there that have been added in the last 6 years - I'd say you'd certainly want the map update.

My favourite new feature of the update is that solitaire can be used while driving, and so can netflix if you connect to wifi.

As a word of warning, either the games or Netflix, will result in a fairly hefty fine and points in most states.
NSW Police fine driver for passenger using phone

Any driver visible video display unit can only be used as a driver aid (navigation, car functions etc)

Not sure if this correct forum. My car 6years old and climbing still terrific. A few months ago received notice to connect to Wi-Fi which I have never done. This apparently to receive additional navigation . Is this necessary- or a good idea?
Initially Tesla would pay to roll out updates over 3G, but as the number of cars increased they stopped doing that about 2 to 3 years ago. From then on software updates and map updates only download if the car is connected to Wi-Fi.
Park you car at home, as close as possible to you home Wi-Fi router and tap on the 3G icon at the top of the centre screen. It will search for local Wi-Fi, select yours and click connect; enter your Wi-Fi password and it will connect to your Home Wi-Fi, but only whilst the car is in Park; as soon as you put it in drive it switches back to 3G.
If you leave your car at home connected to Wi-Fi it will download the latest maps and Software Updates.
I have a 2014 Model S and have never had any issues with being connected via Wi-Fi.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman
Having updated to 2020.48.26 on my M3.
Visualisation have taken real-estate from the maps. Having the cluster down the right hand side of the display leads to it getting obscured by steering wheel or hands. Strikes me this arrangement would work well in LHD cars in the US where it would place the cluster 1/3 of the way across the screen. In an attempt to regain map real estate the dashcam, WiFi and Phone icons are now overlaid on top of the map and harder to see, find and tap on. They used to be in a border area. Car graphic no longer matches paint colour, car has incorrect wheels. I find the frunk/truck buttons less intuitive as they used to be orientated forward and aft on the screen.
I am not a fan. S'Pose it rounds out the year nicely.