Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Team, is there a way to force a Tesla to check for an update, or it that what happens each time you enter the Software option screen? I always seem to be trailing others by almost a week - quite frustrating.

I think buy FSD and it will push you to the front... I honestly think that is how it works. I don't have FSD but I called support about the COP issue so I think cause I was one who complained, they pushed me to the front but usually I am week behind as well

Each time you go to Software page it checks but I have found that I will check in the morning and nothing, then an hour later I get an email from Teslafi stating that a software update is waiting for download, so I don't even check anymore in car.

I think buy FSD and it will push you to the front... I honestly think that is how it works. I don't have FSD but I called support about the COP issue so I think cause I was one who complained, they pushed me to the front but usually I am week behind as well

Each time you go to Software page it checks but I have found that I will check in the morning and nothing, then an hour later I get an email from Teslafi stating that a software update is waiting for download, so I don't even check anymore in car.

As I feared. Thanks for sharing.
Just looking at the Tesla app now, and my M3 is currently 52C inside. Phew! Bring on the update...

Today I started charging at Cranbourne Homemaker Centre and was prompted to update software. I thought it unusual because I wasn’t connected to wifi.
But it did download 2020.48.35.5 whilst charging. I didn’t think it was possible to update when connected to LTE?

I don't know Cranbourne but have been at a couple of Superchargers with local WiFi that my Tesla connected to?

Interesting. What SSID?
I know mine will automatically connect at a service centre, but haven't seen it at a supercharger.

While not normal, reportedly updates can come over Tesla LTE for critical updates.

As a non-FSD SR+ ingot prompted for Wifi today, so did my usual mobile tethering.
Looked like a pretty small update, though still took a god 25min to install.

2020.48.35.5 installed. They fixed the small fonts for temperature/gear/time, they're now the same as they used to be (and the same size as the MCU).

But the font for the speed is now HUGE! So HUGE it's all I can see on there now and need to refocus my eyes to read anything smaller... This is ridiculous. They really need to hire people with actual HMI design skills, or better yet, let us customise those screens. Surprised they didn't change the font to copperplate or some other serife'd atrocity.

Here's how that went down in my mind:
manager (generation millenial): "hey guys, we need to reverse that tiny font update from last time, the fogies are complaining they can't read it"
coder (generation thummy): "a like haven't even finished my caramel hazelnut vegan radicchio latte with kale stumplings and you want me to do work on work I've already worked on? FINE! I'll make it BIG!"

And thus a HUGE speedo was born.

Hi, I know that upgrades vary with the model and year of the car but my car says I have all the eligible upgrades.
But as you can see I have a Model S 2014, when I check the version (2020.48.12.1) it says there are no upgrades for my car.
As you will note from a previous comment I have not used the Wi-Fi for upgrades as Wi-Fi has not been available where I park it.
I have now entered a Wi-Fi. Does that mean when the next upgrade happens the versions that are mentioned here will be installed?
(BTW From some of the comment here, I am not sure that sounds like a good idea.)
The Wi-Fi produced enhanced navigation sounds useful and I would like to have the appropriate upgrades.
Cheers Barry
P.S. I love my car as old and as basic as it is. Everything continues to be to my liking.