Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I know that upgrades vary with the model and year of the car but my car says I have all the eligible upgrades.
But as you can see I have a Model S 2014, when I check the version (2020.48.12.1) it says there are no upgrades for my car.
As you will note from a previous comment I have not used the Wi-Fi for upgrades as Wi-Fi has not been available where I park it.
I have now entered a Wi-Fi. Does that mean when the next upgrade happens the versions that are mentioned here will be installed?
(BTW From some of the comment here, I am not sure that sounds like a good idea.)
The Wi-Fi produced enhanced navigation sounds useful and I would like to have the appropriate upgrades.
Cheers Barry
P.S. I love my car as old and as basic as it is. Everything continues to be to my liking.

I have a 2014 Model S and I have Wi-Fi where I park. I have the same software version as you so you are all good in that respect.
As others have said the upgrades refer to unlocking battery capacity or Full Self Driving, which is not applicable for our cars.

2020.48.37 here. The little icons in the binnacle display (AP1 MS) have been rearranged a bit, possibly to clear out the space next to the car/road visualisation for more stuff from cars that have, alas, more cameras than mine :) Also, the PRND and time/temp have been swapped around. No idea why, but it isn't a problem for me.

The update that bothered some people (not sure which one it was) has come and gone without incident.

@paulp I "fixed" my phantom braking by setting the follow distance to 3 or greater. Had it on 7 for a long time with 0 phantom braking problems, now on 3 and I can occasionally feel it wants to start braking but then changes its mind. With follow distance set to 1 it's as bad as it always was. So a setting of 3 works fine for me. What a horse!

@paulp I "fixed" my phantom braking by setting the follow distance to 3 or greater. Had it on 7 for a long time with 0 phantom braking problems, now on 3 and I can occasionally feel it wants to start braking but then changes its mind. With follow distance set to 1 it's as bad as it always was. So a setting of 3 works fine for me. What a horse!
I’m talking about severe stomping on the brakes with no cars in front, alongside, or behind

Reactions: Wol747
I’m talking about severe stomping on the brakes with no cars in front, alongside, or behind

Try recalibrating your camera. Pick a stretch of road with lots of shadows from roadside trees from early morning/late afternoon sun during calibration drive. It took <10kms for to calibrate my cameras. 99% of my phantom braking have since disappeared :).

We're talking about the same thing.

The problem as I understand is with momentary misinterpretations of data in the far field. If you set the follow distance to a higher number, it moves the range where deceleration commences further forward, hence less severe braking is required - and by the time braking has started, it'll often have corrected it's misinterpreting of data.

Just try it and see if it makes a difference for you. It worked for me.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Hairyman and paulp
We're talking about the same thing.

The problem as I understand is with momentary misinterpretations of data in the far field. If you set the follow distance to a higher number, it moves the range where deceleration commences further forward, hence less severe braking is required - and by the time braking has started, it'll often have corrected it's misinterpreting of data.

Just try it and see if it makes a difference for you. It worked for me.
Thanks, I’ll give that a go as well

So here is something I noticed with this update. The hold symbol (H) had moved back to where it should be right below the gear selector, rather than being orphaned 3 quarters of the way down the screen
PXL_20210214_010942389.jpg

I tried setting follow distance to 7. Not only did I still have phantom braking but the car slowed down a lot further from the car in front (as to be expected) which made TACC even more annoying.

Reactions: OzBMR