Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I can now confirm that, eventually, a new software update will replace the pending one. This afternoon I received a notification that 2021.4.11 is now ready to install, replacing the pending update for 2020.48.35.5.

So... is anyone on 2021.4.11, is it any good, has it fixed the most egregious mis-steps of the first iteration of the new GUI?
Yes I have it. Every release from tesla unleashes new bugs for us to discover on their behalf. The only one I’ve found so far is when you press stop on the automatic easy access only the seat stops. Everything else just keeps going.

Dunno when it was fixed but aurosteer a lot better on country roads as car now eases into corners rather than panic braking half way around. So pretty back to how it was working well 9 months ago. !!!! Car gave a good shot at 90degree left hand bend road marked at 25kmph. It stuck like glue to LH side of road before making turn (never seen it do that before) unfortunately still didn't (quite) make it around

Reactions: Hairyman
Also noticed car having a go at navigating around a parked car on side of road whereas used to just slam brakes on
I do like that expression “having a go”.. reminds me that a number of us (me included) are such a tolerant lot. We enjoy being at the bleeding edge. My wife would have described this as “the car failed me again when it wasn’t able to get around a parked car”. I am in @AndrewSa ’s camp .. “wow look at what it just tried to do.. all by itself” :)

I am also loving my MCU2 upgrade and seeing the traffic lights change colours on instrument display. Very cool.

edited to add I am on 2021.4.11 no issues ..yet

Last edited:
Tesla have also never given a date for robo taxi, just like they never gave a date for early adopters that “model s will read your diary and arrive in your driveway ready for you”. There was never a date promised, so that means any action is pointless.
Disagree.
1) There is a concept in law known as ‘reasonable’, such as the ‘reasonable person’ test. I would be confident that the same concept could be applied to time, suggesting that there should be a reasonable time to make it available.
2) Public statements made by Musk. I’m confident a judge would take into account the various statements given by Musk in the past 5 years as guidance for timeline. Such as April 2019, as but one of several examples, when he stated at autonomy day that there would be 1 million robotaxis on the road at the end of 2020
3) Tesla website statements. In 2018, they stated that automatic driving on city streets would be available by the end of the year

These 3 key factors, amongst potential others, mean Tesla can’t take until the year 3271 for FSD, simply because no date was set

Disagree.
1) There is a concept in law known as ‘reasonable’, such as the ‘reasonable person’ test. I would be confident that the same concept could be applied to time, suggesting that there should be a reasonable time to make it available.
2) Public statements made by Musk. I’m confident a judge would take into account the various statements given by Musk in the past 5 years as guidance for timeline. Such as April 2019, as but one of several examples, when he stated at autonomy day that there would be 1 million robotaxis on the road at the end of 2020
3) Tesla website statements. In 2018, they stated that automatic driving on city streets would be available by the end of the year

These 3 key factors, amongst potential others, mean Tesla can’t take until the year 3271 for FSD, simply because no date was set
You need to read tesla words differently. ‘Autopilot’ is not what everyone thought, it was just a branding. FSD is not full self driving as you might think, its a brand name. Many durisdictions have criticised tesla for using these words in this manner but none could act. Automatic driving on city streets isnt the same as autonomous driving on city streets. They never said all city streets, and my car certainly drives itself on some city streets, so arguably delivered. I read an intersting quote yesterday from a tesla exec that the current cars are not and should not be considered to be autonomous.
Above all though, and I’ve said this many times before and I know the hate will follow, tesla, like all car companies, have sales material prepared by marketers. It used to be glossy brochures. Now its social media and internet. But make no mistake, every word is selected to encourage you to depart with your cash for the least expense by the company. Tesla are very very good at marketing. They are also very very good at producing EV’s and power storage. There is no question that tesla have changed motoring and power grids for the better.
Four years ago autonomous cars by tesla seemed imminant. Now I don’t think I will ever see one.

2021.4.12 Now successful.

”cold weather improvements and bug fixes”

Love to know what the cold weather improvements “mean”?

Our range drop on short trips (school drop offs) in winter compared to summer is very noticeable in a Model X...the drop occurred about 1.5-2 years ago after an update was pushed through after the Shanghai Model S car fire event....our average Wh/km went from 220-230 to 260-280 with the same driving style....that’s a 17% decrease in range overnight (battery has been checked many times and we’re always told it’s within normal ranges)....around town were lucky if we can get 245km (90% charge), got sold a Model X that is meant to do 375km at 90%....expected at least 325km at 90% in real life but less than 250km is pathetic....all this and my wife drives like a grandma (approaching 40,000km on a heavy Model X and still on first set of tyres proves this), loves one pedal driving, never runs air-con above 22C in summer and 19C in winter etc.

Last edited:
Sitting in my car after my first drive with 2021.4.12 and notice that the visualisation of my parked and stationary car shows its wheels spinning. During the drive, I had no visualisations, just a warning that they were degraded and might work next drive.