Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread is about software updates not for boomers to take jabs at the software not living up to their expectations.

It’s never useful or constructive either, just vague attacks.

Perhaps in other threads paulp contributions are useful and in the right spirit but in this thread is just garbage.
If someone is experiencing an issue as a result of a software update, and describes it in this thread, I consider that to be on topic. Please do not resort to name calling just because you don’t agree with another members views.

If its OK by Grimre, just letting you all know that the latest software has a bug that randomly shoves your seat tilt forward, all the way, and not until you are in the seat. You can stop it at any time by pressing stop on the screen. Twice today. Must be one of those new bugs in the bug fix as its not happened before. Struggling to change my expectation that a seat should not move without my consent to appease software ‘experts’....but getting there
My seat Profiles stopped working a few weeks ago. It would refuse to budge from the easy entry position. I deleted and recreated easy entry and then it remained in my profile setting and wouldn’t move to easy entry on Park, despite the easy entry option being selected. After a couple of reboots it went away.

Not that anyone here cares really, but I finally succumbed and installed 2021.4.12. I got sick of dismissing the nag every drive.

The UI’s not that bad, although the super-sized graphics and animations are a bit of an indulgent wank rather than a genuine improvement to benefit the user. The speed indicator could be bigger. They still don’t have a glovebox icon in the bottom row.

My seat Profiles stopped working a few weeks ago. It would refuse to budge from the easy entry position. I deleted and recreated easy entry and then it remained in my profile setting and wouldn’t move to easy entry on Park, despite the easy entry option being selected. After a couple of reboots it went away.
Thanks, I’ll try that method and see if it repeats

For those disappointed with the December M3 UI shrunken font, Australia should finally be getting a much better for situational awareness gear shift indication, with 2021.4.13. Currently, when you shift from P to say, D, the only indication of change is on the vaguely contrasted light grey 3mm font. You see a 0 km/hr, until you move. With the firmware upgrade, you will see a D momentarily in the 0 space.

Last edited:
For those disappointed with the December M3 UI shrunken font, Australia should finally be getting a much better for situational awareness gear shift indication, with 2021.4.13. Currently, when you shift from P to say, D, the only indication of change is on the vaguely contrasted light grey 3mm font. You see a 0 km/hr, until you move. With the firmware upgrade, you will see a D momentarily in the 0 space.
You better not be building up false hope 😬

Can anyone please explain Model 3 HVAC recirculation? I see three options:
1. icon showing blue which I assume is recirc on;
2. recirc icon greyed out; and
3. recirc icon not greyed out and not blue.

It is the difference between the last two that I don’t understand. I have looked at the PDF manual but there is no explanation of the difference and trust that someone may have some insight. Logic would indicate that one would be automatic recirc selection if air contamination was sensed as it is on later model BMWs but I am guessing.

Basically when you set the AC to 'auto' the car will also automatically control the recirculate setting as well. It will automatically turn recirculate on/off. If the desired set temp is similar to the outside it will turn off recirculate to bring in the outside air, if you want a set temp to be much lower or higher than the outside it will turn on recirculate to more quickly cool/heat the cabin, etc.

When you see a greyed out blue recirculate icon it means the car has decided to turn on recirculate now but it's greyed because its in control of the setting. If you manually tap the recirculate button, recirculate will remain on/off until the next time you toggle AC auto off/on again (not sure if it resets when the car goes to sleep or not). Basically once you tap the recirculate button once it will give you full control over it and remain in whatever state you set it to.

This video explains it briefly at the start but it's basically what I said above.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman and erosco
Basically when you set the AC to 'auto' the car will also automatically control the recirculate setting as well. It will automatically turn recirculate on/off. If the desired set temp is similar to the outside it will turn off recirculate to bring in the outside air, if you want a set temp to be much lower or higher than the outside it will turn on recirculate to more quickly cool/heat the cabin, etc.

When you see a greyed out blue recirculate icon it means the car has decided to turn on recirculate now but it's greyed because its in control of the setting. If you manually tap the recirculate button, recirculate will remain on/off until the next time you toggle AC auto off/on again (not sure if it resets when the car goes to sleep or not). Basically once you tap the recirculate button once it will give you full control over it and remain in whatever state you set it to.

This video explains it briefly at the start but it's basically what I said above.
Thanks. The link and your explanation was helpful.

Looking at 2021.4.15 there have been some changes to the layout of the screen. The speedometer is closer to the top right of the screen and the car image when stationary is larger and more directly from above. The warning indicators are still on the right and at risk of being obscured by your hand on the wheel while driving. I like the change.

Yep...false hope! Damn...
More deceit. Simple truth, like it or not, would be fine. Spent significant time chasing up why Australia lacked this prominent UI gear shifting indication, that is in every M3 in North America. It was clearly designed as a compensation for the smaller low contrast font. No reason given for not having it in Australia, just a statement of the firmware in which it was coming here. Lying $#&@%.