Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed the brake regen is nowhere near as 'brakey' as it was before? mine almost feels like I've charged it up to 100% when there is no regen. Not sure what version it started happening on. (2015 P85D). Checked all the related settings and they haven't changed.

let me know what tesla service says!

Update on the MCU reboot, service tech advised that logs suggest a communication error between two of the cars on board systems caused it to reboot.

He pulled both the 12v and high voltage connections whilst doing the other work and mentioned this can often help with issues like this as well.

Time will tell if issue reoccurs I guess.

Reactions: mrpseudonym
Has anyone noticed the brake regen is nowhere near as 'brakey' as it was before? mine almost feels like I've charged it up to 100% when there is no regen. Not sure what version it started happening on. (2015 P85D). Checked all the related settings and they haven't changed.
I have to say, yes I have too. Just since one of the last couple of "bug fix" updates on my Model 3. I initially thought it was my imagination, but the level of brake regen is not the party trick it used to be. Reading other posts, it doesn't appear to be the case with all though - odd.

quick question folks..

1. Phantom braking (while using AP/FSD) almost ended in the 4WD up in my ass (well the car's) yesterday . Scared the living daylights outta me too. Not sure its just vision or radar thing, it feels like a software thing.
2. And the other thing that happened yesterday was AP + Autosteer waiting at the lights, loud beeps with red steering wheel, hazards on and the whole shebang. Had to put in P and then D again to drive. Again was not expecting this since I was stationary and nothing else was moving around me. I will have a GoPro mounted from now to record these events.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
quick question folks..

1. Phantom braking (while using AP/FSD) almost ended in the 4WD up in my ass (well the car's) yesterday . Scared the living daylights outta me too. Not sure its just vision or radar thing, it feels like a software thing.
2. And the other thing that happened yesterday was AP + Autosteer waiting at the lights, loud beeps with red steering wheel, hazards on and the whole shebang. Had to put in P and then D again to drive. Again was not expecting this since I was stationary and nothing else was moving around me. I will have a GoPro mounted from now to record these events.
Which software version?

quick question folks..

I think you forgot your question ;)
2. looks like Autopilot Disconnect warning for inattentiveness occurring while stationary. Because you were stopped it probably progressed through the stage more quickly.

Just a thought, if something scares the living daylights out of us while using AP, there is a possibility a lack of attentiveness, is why we get startled.

Reactions: Hairyman
2. looks like Autopilot Disconnect warning for inattentiveness occurring while stationary. Because you were stopped it probably progressed through the stage more quickly.

Just a thought, if something scares the living daylights out of us while using AP, there is a possibility a lack of attentiveness, is why we get startled.
Getting startled when your brakes are slammed on without warning or reason is not lack of attentiveness on the drivers part. Its probably the awareness of the driver that saves a big rear ender.

Reactions: race4life81

fair enough (no questions without question marks right?) .

I had my hands on the steering wheel in both instances and was paying attention.. the fact that AP braked so hard and so suddenly while travelling at 102 km/h is what scared me, I pretty much had the pedal to metal instantly to avoid the 4wd ramming into me and was soon at 120 km/h (from about 70-80 no chill mode here).

My questions were, is phantom braking still at thing with 18.2/3 and in the second scenario, did it happen to anyone else ? Feels like these are bugs personally, I'd heard about phantom braking and had it once or twice at 60-70 km/h which wasn't too bad but at 100+ it becomes a PITA and a hazard to me and others around me.

fair enough (no questions without question marks right?) .

I had my hands on the steering wheel in both instances and was paying attention.. the fact that AP braked so hard and so suddenly while travelling at 102 km/h is what scared me, I pretty much had the pedal to metal instantly to avoid the 4wd ramming into me and was soon at 120 km/h (from about 70-80 no chill mode here).

My questions were, is phantom braking still at thing with 18.2/3 and in the second scenario, did it happen to anyone else ? Feels like these are bugs personally, I'd heard about phantom braking and had it once or twice at 60-70 km/h which wasn't too bad but at 100+ it becomes a PITA and a hazard to me and others around me.
As I understand it, phantom braking will be a thing until the radar is disabled in our market. Seemingly it occurs when the radar and vision system cannot agree. Telsa is moving to vision only sensing and cars for the North American market are shipping without the radar already. I have an unwanted braking event every few months. Usually on a bend with me on the inside and oncoming truck on the outside.

As I understand it, phantom braking will be a thing until the radar is disabled in our market. Seemingly it occurs when the radar and vision system cannot agree. Telsa is moving to vision only sensing and cars for the North American market are shipping without the radar already. I have an unwanted braking event every few months. Usually on a bend with me on the inside and oncoming truck on the outside.
Is the radar conflict an official tesla explanation or just someone’s theory? Tesla are in complete denial about it when raised. Like its never happened and I’m the first.

@race4life81 if you keep a canserver running in your car that helps demystifying many of those events, especially when combined with the onboard dashcam video from the USB stick which you hopefully already are using. You can then produce video footage like below showing the status of the various systems in the car.

I’ll look it up and set up the can server..