Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like another new bug fix coming up
Now having driven on 2021.32.21 for about a week, its mostly one of the better updates, for me there have been only 2 annoyances and even those somewhat mild.
So for the annoyances, the nag behavior has changed. It still has a few stages to it, where 1st displays alert on screen, second starts the blue background on screen and 3rd is audible alert where it silences music and beeps at you. Well the good thing is that sometimes it takes way longer between the nags, the annoyance is that sometimes it skips the first 2 stages of nag and goes straight to the silence audio and start beeping. I have even had that happen twice in a row with about 3 sec between the audible nags with me wiggling the wheel like wrestling a lion at the same time.
The second annoyance appears a change to my Spotify app in car, that if I get to the end of playlist it does not automatically continue with similar songs anymore, I would really love them to change that back to continue playing songs when the playlist ends, as it is distracting and takes way more attention away from driving trying to locate another playlist or get back to the start of the playlist that just ended.

After updating map (AU-2021.32-13334) several weeks ago, my M3 slows down when it is near traffic light underneath highway bridge (close to Brisbane CBD) although camera detects no traffic lights. Screen shows green/red line when passing traffic light below. It never happened with old navigation data. It's bit dangerous if you don't tap stalk or accelerate.

After updating map (AU-2021.32-13334) several weeks ago, my M3 slows down when it is near traffic light underneath highway bridge (close to Brisbane CBD) although camera detects no traffic lights. Screen shows green/red line when passing traffic light below. It never happened with old navigation data. It's bit dangerous if you don't tap stalk or accelerate.
Yes, the third dimension has always been a bit problematic for the nav management

Reactions: ICUDoc
Maps came as a separate update after I'd installed a firmware update.

New Android app 4.1.0 now has the AU Tesla store incorporated into the app rather than just being a link.
Technically my map updates tried to install same time as the update first came available for my car, so the updated maps installed but firmware update failed, so 3 days later I got the firmware update again and its been fine since.

I also noticed the store in the app, but most things seem to be out of stock :(

For those not on Facebook, post from Robert on the TM3/Y forum that Tesla is looking to software upgrade the older tails to do 10/15A.

FB_IMG_1633515398148.jpg

Manually adjusted so one doesn't have to go back and forth to the car or it's now automatic....as in all from solar and adjusting the AMPs automatically to ensure grid/battery is not used?
Meaning you can use the app on your phone to change the charge current (amps), rather than having to do it on the screen in the car.

However, that opens up the API (but may not be documented) so other apps could potentially do it and automate the use of excess solar.

Went for a drive today and was surprised at how much the autopilot has improved on our windy country road. Slowed down an appropriate amount for bends ragther than the old overreacting style, stayed left even though the road is unmarked, slowed down and sped up as we changed through different speed zone areas. Even the old incorrect speed zone area has been fixed.
I did noticed that the sign recognition and speed setting were quite independant of each other, ie it would notice a speed zone change and display the correct speed on the display, but the auto cruise speed was linked to a different map.

• Informative
Reactions: Leeroy and Hairyman
Along with 0.4% of Model 3s, My Non FSD is sitting thirteen versions back on 2021.12.25.7. 61 days since my last update! Of course I have advanced turned on and had what I considered to be an average Skymuster WiFi internet connection. Not overly fussed, but I do wonder it Tesla have reasons to keep a handful of cars on legacy builds for reference use of some sort.

Today Elon has provided me with new set of wheels and souped up my internet to Starlink. Car is now seeing 211Mbps when parked in the shed. Will be interesting to see if this jolts it into a firmware update.

1633753272342.png