Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 36.5 yesterday, tested out the AutoPark, it picks up spaces a lot better now which is good including just lines with no cars. It needs to start its approach a bit better though so it doesn't have to do it in two motions, so still a bit to go and still way too slow but if they can figure out how to nail a spot in just reverse without having to correct to drive, then the speed would be fine.

I know that this release was great for people who welcomed the settable charge rate from the phone app.
For me, it has actually been a big pain. However I doubt there is much I can do about it.
I have a solar system plus two home built LFP batteries (12kwhrs and 6kwhrs). Any excess solar goes into the batteries rather than being exported to the grid.
I also have an OpenEVSE which has been fantastic in that I use it to take my excess solar and put it into either my Zoe or Model 3LR.
When there is limited solar (so EV charging is inefficient), I put it into the batteries and I can then use the larger one to charge the EVs with a 5kw inverter.
The OpenEVSE worked fine until the latest car firmware. (Still works fine with the Zoe but no longer the Tesla).
Basically, the OpenEVSE (which is wonderful, online via WiFi and has more bells and whistles than just about any other EVSE), modulates the pilot signal within limits and has settable timers for stopping charge and configurable smoothing (e.g. when the sun disappears for too long). But the Tesla is now doing its own setting of maximum pilot amps, based on what it is seeing from the EVSE. So the two devices fight each other and most of the time, the Tesla turns off the charge.
It would be great if the new feature could be enabled or disabled in the App. I know it is great for people without OpenEVSEs or Zappis or the equivalent but I would prefer the new feature to be turn-offable (to coin a phrase).
With regard to this issue, I have now tried with the App disabled/turned-off and am pleased to report that charging with excess solar using the OpenEVSE works exactly as it used to and exactly as it does with my Zoe. Here is a screenshot of tracking the (yellow) solar. Blue is the consumption.

Attachments

• tracking.png
    tracking.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: Vostok
It makes sense if NoA now shares code with FSD which only drives in granny mode. There could at least be a message stating why it's not available, instead of just removing the button...

Just another example of them not spending any resources at all on improving the partial automation that would be useful to a reasonably high level functioning human driver. If only they'd open source the UX part and let us roll our own...

It makes sense if NoA now shares code with FSD which only drives in granny mode. There could at least be a message stating why it's not available, instead of just removing the button...

Just another example of them not spending any resources at all on improving the partial automation that would be useful to a reasonably high level functioning human driver. If only they'd open source the UX part and let us roll our own...
Does the button not show for you or it still shows but doesn't activate? I just did a route with NoA and it still shows the button out of Chill mode on 36.5

Attachments

• photo_2021-10-21_07-56-47.jpg
    photo_2021-10-21_07-56-47.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 33

Or since it is in control, it could automatically drive like a granny. Seems like a more elegant solution.
Smells like a bug to me

Last edited:
Reactions: ARMARM and Hairyman
Or since it is in control, it could automatically drive like a granny. Seems like a more elegant solution.
Smells like a bug to me
Actually, I've got a theory (and it's not bunnies).
I haven't tested this extensively, but I tried this (Both on non-granny mode).
1. Route to home, there were no motorways or freeways.. just city streets. No NOAP button visible.
2. Put a fake route in to the Gold Coast (Routes down the M1), NOAP button visible, and activated.

Could it be that it is smart enough now not to show the NOAP button if there are no NOAP-able roads on your chosen route? If so, clever!

Actually, I've got a theory (and it's not bunnies).
I haven't tested this extensively, but I tried this (Both on non-granny mode).
1. Route to home, there were no motorways or freeways.. just city streets. No NOAP button visible.
2. Put a fake route in to the Gold Coast (Routes down the M1), NOAP button visible, and activated.

Could it be that it is smart enough now not to show the NOAP button if there are no NOAP-able roads on your chosen route? If so, clever!
I think you are right. If there are no roads that include the criteria for NoA then the button is absent

I know that this release was great for people who welcomed the settable charge rate from the phone app.
For me, it has actually been a big pain. However I doubt there is much I can do about it.
I have a solar system plus two home built LFP batteries (12kwhrs and 6kwhrs). Any excess solar goes into the batteries rather than being exported to the grid.
I also have an OpenEVSE which has been fantastic in that I use it to take my excess solar and put it into either my Zoe or Model 3LR.
When there is limited solar (so EV charging is inefficient), I put it into the batteries and I can then use the larger one to charge the EVs with a 5kw inverter.
The OpenEVSE worked fine until the latest car firmware. (Still works fine with the Zoe but no longer the Tesla).
Basically, the OpenEVSE (which is wonderful, online via WiFi and has more bells and whistles than just about any other EVSE), modulates the pilot signal within limits and has settable timers for stopping charge and configurable smoothing (e.g. when the sun disappears for too long). But the Tesla is now doing its own setting of maximum pilot amps, based on what it is seeing from the EVSE. So the two devices fight each other and most of the time, the Tesla turns off the charge.
It would be great if the new feature could be enabled or disabled in the App. I know it is great for people without OpenEVSEs or Zappis or the equivalent but I would prefer the new feature to be turn-offable (to coin a phrase).
Hmm!!, Mine still works as per expectations. Mine is EMONEVSE, but same software, and it modulates the charge rate dependant on solar. The timers dont seem to work properly anymore, though mine is the older ESP8266 based not the ESP32, so timers were always a problem.

It's a while back, but I did a further post where I reported that it is working perfectly as long as I disable or force stop or logout the App. So, as long as the App is not open, all works perfectly and identically on the Zoe as the Tesla. Here is a screenshot (from the Tesla) with yellow solar excess and blue usage. Excellent tracking when the clouds came (the dips in the curve) I use divert smoothing attack of 0.04, divert smoothing decay of 0.02, idle before disconnect of 600secs and my posting interval is very short as I fire in the solar excess messages every 3secs. I too have the older ESP but I do have the latest very configurable software. I also bias the values slightly to compensate for the fact that the pilot amps can only be changed 1amp at a time so I slightly favour grid import whereas the stock firmware slightly favours grid export.

Attachments

• tracking.png
    tracking.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 34
Just got the car back from service. They exchanged the main AP computer due to a fault it developed 6 months ago resulting in a variety of AP disconnects, but not since that cluster in April happened. They still wanted to exchange it. Now the NoA button is back as well, regardless of which mode the car is in. Looks like something really was broken in my space mobile.