Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, in this case the "ute with a canopy" was being displayed as a "big truck" and it was hovering in my lane - even though it clearly wasn't.

This is why I'm glad I didn't waste my money on the FSB beta and have no interest in it at all.
When I was purchasing my M3, I just looked at the features the FSD addon would have given me and found that none of those in their current state justified the extra cost for me. It has been over 2 years now and that has not changed. I was not going to purchase something again that was soon to be ready. I made that mistake once when I purchased Star Citizen game about 7 years ago. They said the game was going to be out in the next couple of years, well, its still not out.

Any idea if 2021.40 also include the Sentry Mode Live Camera Access that was released to USA in 2021.36.8?
No it doesnt seem to. The release notes show cold weather improvements, log into tidal with your own account, chime when cruise control is activated, and additional language support. I also looked at the app (have latest) and it doesnt show anything new re sentry.
However the download only made it to one of my model S. Both identical other than colour and sequential in VIN. This usually indicates that the update has been pulled.

Last edited:
Just drove from Sydney to the Snowies and back on 36.5.5 and there remain significant vision issues. Worse however is the range estimate on the return trip still underestimates consumption 8-10% coming out of the mountains - which is odd because that has got a lot better in the past year going other places (and is pretty spot on driving to the Snowies) but returning it is way off. This despite driving on autopilot and at the speed limit >99% of the way.

@atj777 without having purchased FSD do you get auto steer? or do you only get TACC?

Just drove from Sydney to the Snowies and back on 36.5.5 and there remain significant vision issues. Worse however is the range estimate on the return trip still underestimates consumption 8-10% coming out of the mountains - …
Small world! I did a (1100km) day trip Sydney-Snowies-Sydney on Tuesday too. Firmware 2021.36.5.5 also (2021 MiC Model 3 LR, non-FSD, done about 16000km). I had a few “lift off the throttle” sort of slowdowns on TACC but no actual hard braking kind of phantom braking events.

On the consumption/range side I had one weird thing on the way back to Sydney: charged to 60% in Goulburn as I usually do. Decided to call in at Heatherbrae Pies (1/2 hour north). When I pulled in the battery level was showing 47% and same when I got back in to drive off BUT when I next glanced at the gauge a couple of minutes down the road it had suddenly dropped to 41%, the proceeded to go down from there as usual - just meant I got home with about 8% SoC remaining rather than about 15% but strange it would suddenly make such a big change in SoC like that in a couple of minutes.

Consumption overall was ok. That’s the only long trip I have done for the last 4 months or so due to lockdowns so I don’t know if it is new in this firmware (or some other update in the last 4 months) that the displayed SoC can jump down 6% like that during a drive but it definitely isn’t something I have seen before.

@atj777 without having purchased FSD do you get auto steer? or do you only get TACC?
Yeah, I have autosteeer but I almost never use it. I find it sits the car too far left in the lane.

It is also too slow to react to corners. When I'm steering, I anticipate the corners and ease in and out of them. With autosteer it is like it goes: straight, straight, straight, oh *sugar* corner!

Reactions: Wol747
Had another weird one today.

Driving east on the M5 with TACC set to 110km/h. (Not that I wanted to go at that speed but I find I don't get left behind if someone goes a little over 105km/h. The traffic in front was doing 90-95km/h and I was staying 7 clicks behind. All of a sudden I started to slow. It wasn't phantom braking but more just easing off on the accelerator. I checked the display and TACC was now set at 80km/h. I had touched nothing and had not gone past any speed limit signs (which it is supposed to ignore on motorways). And why 80? I have my default TACC to +5.

Had another weird one today.

Driving east on the M5 with TACC set to 110km/h. (Not that I wanted to go at that speed but I find I don't get left behind if someone goes a little over 105km/h. The traffic in front was doing 90-95km/h and I was staying 7 clicks behind. All of a sudden I started to slow. It wasn't phantom braking but more just easing off on the accelerator. I checked the display and TACC was now set at 80km/h. I had touched nothing and had not gone past any speed limit signs (which it is supposed to ignore on motorways). And why 80? I have my default TACC to +5.
Near an underpass/overpass? I have a couple of spots on my routes where it's changed to the wrong road's speed limit for years.