Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly - the app can communicate directly with car via BT. Internet connection is not required for the Tesla API to wake the car. It achieves this using a poke sms message.

I suspect there are more than 1 way for the system to wake from sleep. SMS through Tesla servers is definitely not the only way. Last year when I went climbing, the car park under the mountain had no reception at all, so when on the mountain I could not connect to the car, however when I got to the camping are next to the car, I could access the car from app and App woke the car up without the phone or the car having any reception, so I suspect BT stack has an option for waking the car also, and it is possible that the wifi may have something as well. Though after some updates that wake system on wifi does not appear to work correctly where the BT or LTE versions still work.

I know someone with an S that has received it already.
To clarify, they have 2021.40.5 in an Australian Model S and they have remote viewing of the sentry mode cameras?

I’ll make more use of waypoints but I’d like remote camera viewing - even if they limit it for non-US people to some number of views/minutes per day as BMW have done with the same feature on one of their new EVs that Bjorn tested a few weeks ago.

I have 2021.40 in two S and neither has waypoints or sentry camera’s. I read somewhere that we are getting sentry mode in 2021.46, but the source was questionable so wouldnt be relying on it.
From what I understand the sentry remote cameras were introduced in the US release of 2021.36.8, they were not included in 2021.40 international release, however the screenshot online from the release notes for 2021.40.5 appear to list that function, so I was wondering if it would roll out to us here also with that update or would it be geo-fenced ability still for US only.
So if anyone here has managed to get their hands on 2021.40.5, would be great if they could check for the functionality and let us know?

Something that is boggling my mind a little is how many firmware versions are “live” (ie actively being deployed at the same time to different parts of the fleet) as far as those cars hooked up to TeslaFi. I mean:

* 2021.36.5.5 - still going out steadily worldwide
* 2021.36.5.6 - going out about the same rate to mainly Australia/US/Canada (as a step-up bug fix of some sort from 2021.36.5.5)
* 2021.36.8.5 - FSD update (update from 2021.36.5.3) for US FSD cars
* 2021.36.8.6 - US-only, has remote sentry view, not many TeslaFi cars have it
* 2021.40 - worldwide rollout, but mainly Canada, adds Tidal streaming. I note that it has “British English” as a language, maybe I won’t have to try to sound North American for some of the voice commands to work properly with that setting?
* 2021.40.5 - worldwide, adds waypoints to 2021.40. No mention in the (unofficial) release notes of remote sentry camera access.

Seems like at least 3 active branches: FSD (US only), remote sentry (US only), and Tidal/waypoints (worldwide). Doesn’t seem like any TeslaFi cars have been updated from 2021.36.8.6 to 2021.40.x yet but that will be when we find out if the remote sentry view is included in 2021.40.x and just geoblocked.

Something that is boggling my mind a little is how many firmware versions are “live” (ie actively being deployed at the same time to different parts of the fleet) as far as those cars hooked up to TeslaFi. I mean:

* 2021.36.5.5 - still going out steadily worldwide
* 2021.36.5.6 - going out about the same rate to mainly Australia/US/Canada (as a step-up bug fix of some sort from 2021.36.5.5)
* 2021.36.8.5 - FSD update (update from 2021.36.5.3) for US FSD cars
* 2021.36.8.6 - US-only, has remote sentry view, not many TeslaFi cars have it
* 2021.40 - worldwide rollout, but mainly Canada, adds Tidal streaming. I note that it has “British English” as a language, maybe I won’t have to try to sound North American for some of the voice commands to work properly with that setting?
* 2021.40.5 - worldwide, adds waypoints to 2021.40. No mention in the (unofficial) release notes of remote sentry camera access.

Seems like at least 3 active branches: FSD (US only), remote sentry (US only), and Tidal/waypoints (worldwide). Doesn’t seem like any TeslaFi cars have been updated from 2021.36.8.6 to 2021.40.x yet but that will be when we find out if the remote sentry view is included in 2021.40.x and just geoblocked.
I can also confirm that 2021.40 may well have british english but doesnt have ‘stralia english so no difference on voice commands. The recognition system is still rubbish.
I have not tried my Prince Charles accent yet though.
I did note today that each time I got in the car it did something different with climate. First time steering heating was on. 2nd time aircon was on mid speed cold, 3rd time seat heating drivers side only on 3. Unusual that a tesla update has a bug…it could at least make its mind up on whether its hot or cold.

Doesn’t seem like any TeslaFi cars have been updated from 2021.36.8.6 to 2021.40.x yet but that will be when we find out if the remote sentry view is included in 2021.40.x and just geoblocked.
tesla-waypoints-add-stop-2021-40-5-sized.jpg

According to this photo, from release notes in the car screen the top left side just under the version number suggests remote sentry view is included in 2021.40.5 at least, but since the temp is shown in F, I suspect the car is US and it could be geo fenced.

• Informative
Reactions: Sir Surfalot