Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree the two press demisting is far from ideal. Now that we have customisable buttons, it would be nice if all actions could be customisable, so that in winter one of them can be a single press for the demist function. It seems that all the non-driving buttons are customisable to single press whereas driving essentials are two press. Iā€™m sure someone at tesla will claim thats how it will be for autonomous carsā€¦which may well be the case but we arent driving autonomous cars.
Safety by obfuscation!

šŸ˜† Have you lot ^ tried voice commands?
Good luck with that. Best learn american speak first. Draaarve to boonins will get you to bunnings though, and ā€˜cold pizzaā€™ will get that call to peter. But the worst is its habit of dropping the last word of a dictated text as soon as you press the reply button. So other than the fact that its near unusable, its quite good.

Oh accents. I'm a Swiss-German native speaker, fluent in French, fluent in English (American variety - married to one too), some accent of course, but not heavy, not by any stretch of the imagination. Apple, Google, otter dictation: they all work flawlessly for me. Tesla? Not so much. What's infuriating is when my wife speaks the exact same thing, the car understands it. To my ears there's barely a difference. I'm really pleased autosteer works better than their voice recognition.

Which is odd. Isn't voice recognition one of the first AI problems we tried to address?

Home from holiday and updated Model S with upgraded MCU2, am I crazy but is the charge screen missing now? How do you set the charge % in car? Only possible in app? Can't seem to find any similar experiences from anyone online, maybe just an upgraded MCU2 issue? Bah!
Have the same issue in my LR. Was in a hurry and could not find it in the car and just set it on my phone with resolve to investigate later. But I have not investigated further. It is probably there somewhere and I could not find it with the new UI

Reactions: bradjc
Has anyone with issues with the voice commands tried replying to texts via the car? I don't know if I am crazy but I find that works 9 out of 10 times for what I am trying to say compared to voice commands just not really working
Text is marginally better, only have to do it twice rather than 5 times. It does have a habit though of putting the words on the screen, I look at them and being correct I press reply, at which point it drops a word out and sends. Very unreliable in that respect.

Home from holiday and updated Model S with upgraded MCU2, am I crazy but is the charge screen missing now? How do you set the charge % in car? Only possible in app? Can't seem to find any similar experiences from anyone online, maybe just an upgraded MCU2 issue? Bah!
The slide bar still exists under the car graphic on the charging screen, however you have to make your own assumption on the percentage using the scale bars. I assume they needed some space to fit in the new game so irrelevant things like charging functionality had to be dropped.

Has anyone else noticed Tesla are dumbing down the regen braking? In the latest software I can't even turn it off (I don't want to turn it off BTW). Additionally, they have made it so smooth, it now overruns where I want to stop and I have to use the brakes. I hope they reintroduce the option to adjust regen braking force.

Has anyone else noticed Tesla are dumbing down the regen braking? In the latest software I can't even turn it off (I don't want to turn it off BTW).
I have had my 3 for over 2 years and it has never had an option to turn off regen. It has always had an option for low and standard but never an off option. Mine regen has only been off automatically when the charge is >90% or the battery is cold. Perhaps your was setup differently being a P.

I have had my 3 for over 2 years and it has never had an option to turn off regen. It has always had an option for low and standard but never an off option. Mine regen has only been off automatically when the charge is >90% or the battery is cold. Perhaps your was setup differently being a P.
You're right, that's what i meant. I only had the option for a few days so forgive me for getting it wrong. I'd like it back please.
In fact, I'd like it to be even more customisable. Perhaps an advanced option with a sliding scale would be spectacular, so people that want it dumbed down can still have it as such, but people that want more control, can.

Has anyone used Dark mode instead of Auto since v11? The update notes made it sound like a new, improved mode that can be used during the day but when I tried it, on my next drive it kept auto adjusting the display brightness to like 5-15% in the daytime. That would be fine in Light mode but in Dark mode it was so dim I could barely see anything on the dash. I switched it back to Auto after that.

It seems to be a bug that hasn't been fixed, but the charge screen doesn't load if you open it from the menu on Model X with MCU2 upgrade since an update in November or so. Tapping the lightning icon on the top right of the screen does bring it up though.

I haven't really adjusted charging in vehicle since the v11/2021.44.25 update so I don't know if they've made further changes, but I did see the charging screen on the centre display when I got in the car earlier today after charging.

Last edited:
Oh accents. I'm a Swiss-German native speaker, fluent in French, fluent in English (American variety - married to one too), some accent of course, but not heavy, not by any stretch of the imagination. Apple, Google, otter dictation: they all work flawlessly for me. Tesla? Not so much. What's infuriating is when my wife speaks the exact same thing, the car understands it. To my ears there's barely a difference. I'm really pleased autosteer works better than their voice recognition.

Which is odd. Isn't voice recognition one of the first AI problems we tried to address?

it is also annoying how amazing googles voice recognition is and just gets every word....

it is also annoying how amazing googles voice recognition is and just gets every word....
Google tested their voice recognition on Australian accents significantly before putting the Google Home on sale, and already had a massive data set from which to learn from by people using their Android phones to make voice commands.

Has there ever been any mention of Tesla (even via their employees) doing any testing in Australia?

Google tested their voice recognition on Australian accents significantly before putting the Google Home on sale, and already had a massive data set from which to learn from by people using their Android phones to make voice commands.

Has there ever been any mention of Tesla (even via their employees) doing any testing in Australia?
I donā€™t think tesla do testing short of a manager trying the new bits on the way home of the night of the release. There is no way the voice system has been tested on australians. It was unusable at first release.

i have a german accent.