Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else noticed this new regen feature in stop start traffic is now really jerky. I believe it always was a little bit, but after the last update it has actually become uncomfortable.
No, I've noticed the opposite - previously I'd cancel TACC if I saw a line of cars stopping ahead, because I preferred to slow down myself in a smoother fashion. Now it slows smoothly enough itself.

Might depend on your following distance setting though?

Reactions: dasn and Leeroy
Could be, I hadn’t thought of that and will give it a go.
It’s incredibly jerky and savage in stop start now, to the point of uncomfortable. I’ve ended up trying chill mode just to calm it down which does seem to work, I just don’t usually use chill mode.
I've noticed the same. I do have my follow distance set to 1 as anything else leaves too big a gap, and acceleration set to Standard. Having said that, it used to work fine (no jerkiness) on these settings before recent updates. Hard to tell when it actually started being jerky as I haven't been in stop-start traffic for a long time.... and setting the speed to 10km/hr doesn't fix it either.

Reactions: Leeroy
I've noticed the same. I do have my follow distance set to 1 as anything else leaves too big a gap, and acceleration set to Standard. Having said that, it used to work fine (no jerkiness) on these settings before recent updates. Hard to tell when it actually started being jerky as I haven't been in stop-start traffic for a long time.... and setting the speed to 10km/hr doesn't fix it either.
I’ve been stuck in it for months, it was actually quite pleasant to let the car manage the traffic and I just supervised previously. It was modified with update 2022.4.5.4. Or mine was at least.

It's weird: I have 2022.4.5.5 and there was absolutely nothing in the release notes apart from a single item explaining how to use the camera icon to save - which had already been done in a previous update!
This is from my 2021 RWD. It actually came through with the .4.5.4 but the release notes are still the same.

7FE99445-E35C-4989-A95D-3FB37ACD55D9.jpeg53C0FA44-DBDF-43C9-B6DC-FB45E8E6FC32.jpeg

Same release numbers but as an S owner there are several things the 3 owners are discussing that are not in the S update, especially the overall UI changes.
Weird way of doin' things but I suppose with the constant changing of specs and equipment there are going to be thousands of different configurations. I wonder if they've thought about the exponential increase of combinations of updates necessary with the paradigm?

Weird way of doin' things but I suppose with the constant changing of specs and equipment there are going to be thousands of different configurations. I wonder if they've thought about the exponential increase of combinations of updates necessary with the paradigm?
This, plus there would have to be country specific stuff as well with speed signs and road markings etc. Would be a bit of a nightmare to try and keep track of.

Reactions: Wol747
This, plus there would have to be country specific stuff as well with speed signs and road markings etc. Would be a bit of a nightmare to try and keep track of.
That is probably why my car detects less than half of the speed signs on Gold Coast. I can see on screen the ones it does detect as it shows the signs when they are correctly detected, but at least half of the speed signs do not appear on the screen and often it detects the ones that are on a back of a bus or other vehicles. I suspect this has something to do with some signs being electronic, some being slightly different sizes or having some text under them. They have not really been implementing Australia specific road signs well.

Reactions: Wol747 and Leeroy