Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like some of these versions are targeted at LFP cars to encourage charging to 100% to ensure the BMS is calibrated.
This particular 2022.4.5.16 does not appear to be that case though as my car is showing it as waiting to install and mine is SR+ from 2019 to not LFP.
I got 5, then updated to 5.5, and now update prompt to 5.16
Of the 2022.4.5 sub versions I have got so far 2022.4.5, then 2022.4.5.1, then 2022.4.5.3 and 2022.4.5.5 and now it is waiting to install 2022.4.5.16
Strangely, my phone app does not know anything about that, so the alerting through Tesla app is still flakey as.
I went to get lunch and noticed the car shows update available 2022.4.5.16, so got lunch, drove back to work and can see the update available in car, but the app mentions nothing about update still. Will install it after work.

2022.4.5.16 just installed.

Reviewing the release notes on notateslaappand noticed some new information under Range Display Calibration for LFP:
- "To improve accuracy, charge to 100% and wait until the charge port LED turns solid green, indicating a completed charging session. It is recommended for this configuration of vehicle to keep your charge limit set to 100%, even for daily use, and that you also fully charge to 100% at least once per week."

I just got 2022.4.5.16 (upgraded from 2022.4.5.5). I received an app notification for this (and 2022.4.5.5).

The release notes for 2022.4.5.16 are the same for 2022.4.5.5 and they haven't fixed the stupidly small fonts on the charging screen!
So finally got home, still no app notifications until it finished downloading on home wifi, then got app notification that it was ready to install. Also got app notification when installation finished. So some app notifications work, some didn't as it did not notify about update being available for the whole day even though I checked the app multiple times. So flakey as ever :)

So, I had to do a bit over a 100km drive after finishing the update to 2022.4.5.16 and everything seemed to go well for the first half of the drive, then suddenly on M1 the GPS started jumping me around random locations until it finally got stuck on some random place and the car assumed there was a 50km/h speed limit at that location. it tried to slow me to 50km/h on the motorway, I tried changing the speed limit but as long as the auto steering was enabled it refused to let me set speed past 50. so I suffered a bit and just kept my foot on accelerator to keep the car from slowing on the motorway, then figured easier to set the TACC to 100 and do manual steering than constantly keep the speed with my foot, so cancelled auto steering and set the speed for TACC. Drove like this for about 15 minutes with GPS still stuck, then gave in and used steering wheel buttons to reboot the car. After reboot, it took another 5 minutes before the GPS started working again. Not sure if that was some mad space weather messing with the GPS satellites or if it was the latest car software update that made the car navigation crash...

Attachments

• gps-stuck.jpg
    gps-stuck.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 62
Lost my GPS too last night at around 9:15pm (updated to 2022.4.5.16 in the afternoon). Second half of a 45km round-trip.

Tried a two-finger reboot whilst driving with no luck.

GPS came back after I let it sleep overnight.

Was tossing up at the time whether it was the car ... or the Russians playing silly buggers by shooting down or jamming GPS satellites... ;)

It’s nearly been a week and no notifications of any newer updates. I have the latest App version. 2021.44.30.12 is still sitting there on the console screen, daring me to push the button. I’ll give it another week, and if still stuck, I’ll call Tesla to kick me straight to the latest update. I don’t want to install 2021.44.30.12.
I finally received notification of a new pending update… 2022.4.5.16

The nag has worn me down… hopefully most of the egregious mis-steps with the ‘holiday update‘ have been sorted… I have pushed the button.

So, I had to do a bit over a 100km drive after finishing the update to 2022.4.5.16 and everything seemed to go well for the first half of the drive, then suddenly on M1 the GPS started jumping me around random locations until it finally got stuck on some random place and the car assumed there was a 50km/h speed limit at that location. it tried to slow me to 50km/h on the motorway, I tried changing the speed limit but as long as the auto steering was enabled it refused to let me set speed past 50. so I suffered a bit and just kept my foot on accelerator to keep the car from slowing on the motorway, then figured easier to set the TACC to 100 and do manual steering than constantly keep the speed with my foot, so cancelled auto steering and set the speed for TACC. Drove like this for about 15 minutes with GPS still stuck, then gave in and used steering wheel buttons to reboot the car. After reboot, it took another 5 minutes before the GPS started working again. Not sure if that was some mad space weather messing with the GPS satellites or if it was the latest car software update that made the car navigation crash...
OK. This has me worried. I'm driving to Tathra tomorrow.

I'm keen to hear what you think of it coming from the pre-holiday world.

OK, only been out for one drive post-install but some initial thoughts:
  • I think the new UI does look cleaner and sharper, so there is hope it can improve from here if they address its idiosyncrasies
  • My DAB radio has stopped working. This has happened in the past and next drive it works again, so we’ll see.
  • Customization of the App Launcher - I like it but it needs to be able to put more than 4 icons (or whatever) along the bottom. And more icons for a wider range of car commands so that if there is something you really want accessible at one tap, you can do it. I like how a second tap on an App icon makes that app go away, which is much easier than a swipe down.
  • Well documented annoyance with things previously being easily accessible being buried in menus. Yep.
  • The tiny icons for the front and rear demisters under the AC temp really looks like a bad compromise and inconsistent with the design language of the rest of the UI. They need to try again.
  • Took me a while to find where the PRND was.