Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Switching to another sound source - eg play a Spotify track - then switching back to radio usually fixes that.

DAB came back on by itself on the next drive as I thought it might, so all good.

However the AC didn’t seem as ‘vigorous’ when I turned it on today in Auto. The cabin was a bit warm and humid, and it took a quite a few minutes before I started to feel any effect. This seems quite different to how it used to behave. Anyone else experience this under recent updates?

DAB came back on by itself on the next drive as I thought it might, so all good.

However the AC didn’t seem as ‘vigorous’ when I turned it on today in Auto. The cabin was a bit warm and humid, and it took a quite a few minutes before I started to feel any effect. This seems quite different to how it used to behave. Anyone else experience this under recent updates?
Every update I do the aircon is reset to what a tesla engineer thinks I should have, including the cooling side off.

Reactions: Wol747 and Leeroy
I was driving past Lake George (which actually has water in it!) heading back to Canberra at dusk recently. The bugs loved my headlights at that time, and my windscreen wipers thought the bugs hitting the screen was heavy rain and went crazy. It took some serious high-pressure hosing to remove the bug cemetary the next day, because they were smeared across - quite disturbing. Is it a software fault if it can't determine between water and bugs? (Yes, this is a joke)

Reactions: powerfactor
I was driving past Lake George (which actually has water in it!) heading back to Canberra at dusk recently. The bugs loved my headlights at that time, and my windscreen wipers thought the bugs hitting the screen was heavy rain and went crazy. It took some serious high-pressure hosing to remove the bug cemetary the next day, because they were smeared across - quite disturbing. Is it a software fault if it can't determine between water and bugs? (Yes, this is a joke)

I would have turned the wipers off, and just used the stalk to do the occasional manual wet swipe.

Reactions: Wol747
I would have turned the wipers off, and just used the stalk to do the occasional manual wet swipe.
Yes. There are far too many things that are there just because they can be done, not because they are required.
The UI - Model S vertical - is an abortion of a user experience, requiring in some case multiple presses to even FIND something that you haven't used for some time, things missing that are important etc etc. It wouldn't pass a year ten basic programming exam.
And all this when you are driving, for god's sake!

I wouldn’t go as far as that, but I don’t get the instant coolth that I’m used to in other cars, and never have. We find the bio filter setting cools us off better purely because of the strength of the fan over us.
I always leave the aircon on when not in the car (in summer and not at home). The aircon is then very effective when in the car as its not trying to remove excess heat. Its a fantastic feature.

I always leave the aircon on when not in the car (in summer and not at home). The aircon is then very effective when in the car as its not trying to remove excess heat. Its a fantastic feature.
I usually turn the AC on from phone app, when I start walking to my car. Within a minute it usually shows phone alert that car cabin temperature is at desired level and when I get to the car its comfortable level, but if the sun shining on the car, seats are still rather hot and for the cooling to be as cold as it was before the last update I have dropped the temp on the driver side by 1c (2 taps). That has made it mostly pleasant for me.

Nice to see Powerwall get some love in the lastest phone app update. Not much but the new settings menu contains all the info now.
I went to a fair bit of effort to enter my ToU rateplan into the App - 3 seasons, different time periods weekdays/weekends etc. Which is a bit OTT since I don’t plan to use Time-Based Control anyway - I just leave it in self-consumption mode all the time now 😄

But seriously, 3 seasons? WTF? Needs to be 4. My rate plan notionally has 3 “seasons” (Summer, Winter, and neither) but “neither” is split into two separate 2-month periods between Summer and Winter and between Winter and Summer. Which the App does not allow you to do.

My PW2 is still stuck on 1.47.0.

OK, only been out for one drive post-install but some initial thoughts:
  • I think the new UI does look cleaner and sharper, so there is hope it can improve from here if they address its idiosyncrasies
  • My DAB radio has stopped working. This has happened in the past and next drive it works again, so we’ll see.
  • Customization of the App Launcher - I like it but it needs to be able to put more than 4 icons (or whatever) along the bottom. And more icons for a wider range of car commands so that if there is something you really want accessible at one tap, you can do it. I like how a second tap on an App icon makes that app go away, which is much easier than a swipe down.
  • Well documented annoyance with things previously being easily accessible being buried in menus. Yep.
  • The tiny icons for the front and rear demisters under the AC temp really looks like a bad compromise and inconsistent with the design language of the rest of the UI. They need to try again.
  • Took me a while to find where the PRND was.

Some more thoughts after more drives:
  • The single tap on the Car icon (bottom right) to bring up all the main vehicle controls on one screen (without the need for further menu selection or scrolling) is not too bad. I could warm to it as a reasonable way of accessing the most commonly needed controls. Tap on the car icon again to make it disappear.
  • Artwork for USB stored music has disappeared. Again. And the placeholder for it is even smaller than before.
  • The play progress bar is now a thin line along the bottom of the media section of the screen and remaining time no longer showing. Me no like.

Nice to see Powerwall get some love in the lastest phone app update. Not much but the new settings menu contains all the info now.
Actually they added a nice feature and then broke it in a subsequent update and it is still "broken".

You can set up Utility Rate Plan, enter all the rates, etc. and save it. You used to be able to then edit that quite easily.

Now, if you go to edit it, you have to go through the whole process again! Sure it remembers your previous values, but you have to select everything all over again: Custom Rate Plan vs Fixed Rate Plan; Name of the Custom Rate Plan; Season/Month vs Time of Use vs None of the Above; Time of Use for each time period for Weekdays, and the same for Weekends, then the rates.

Typical UI crap we get from Tesla!

Reactions: paulp
  • The play progress bar is now a thin line along the bottom of the media section of the screen and remaining time no longer showing. Me no like.
I play over Bluetooth from my phone. I only get the progress bar IF the track being played has associated album artwork on my phone. If there's no artwork for that track on the phone, something gets displayed from the web, but I lose the progress bar!