Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really wish there was a place I could report the issues I have with the car software. submitting bug reports in car do not appear to go anywhere.
Over the last couple of days I have been locked down at home as my son managed to bring corona home from school, so we have had loads of time and as our garage is not large enough to access the car from both sides, the car is parked about 5cm from the passenger side wall. Now if we both enter car from driver side, the car does not detect his presence in the car even though seat sensors blink for seatbelt and have him and he is playing with a controller so the computer can detect continuous input. As soon as I exit the car and close the door even while he is actively playing, the car shuts off the screen and kills his game :( This gets real annoying. The car should use other than just door opening and closing to determine if there is still a person in the car or not.
I faced the same issue but then I leave the drive side window open; that way it doesn't kills the game even when I come out of the car :)

Of all the cars I have driven in the past 10 years with "smart cruise control", our Model 3 is far the least trustworthy. My foot is always hovering need the accelerator pedal when in heavy traffic in case I need to take over. For us, with that and phantom braking, it's the one black mark on Tesla ownership.
It might come down to where do you stand on Trolley problems.
My ute barrels along on its self steering course without pause - I wouldn't want to test it out from the pointy end.

Auto Headlights with wipers

I used to have headlights come on automatically whenever the windscreen wipers were on. Doesn't do this anymore and I thought it was a decent feature. M3 with 2022.4.5.16. Both headlights and wipers are in auto. Reboot does not fix it. Anyone else notice this?
Not sure if mine ever did put the lights on with the wipers but it definitely doesn't now. It is a real pain.

I'm actually surprised because the majority of the US (from a population perspective) it is actually the law to put the lights on with the wipers.

The driving lights are ALWAYS on. It's only going to put the rest of the headlights on when it deems it dark enough. Don't see why you need the extra light of the headlights if it doesn't make you see any better.
It's for the rear lights more than the front lights. It's so the driver behind you can see you better through the mist that's being thrown up by your wheels.

Reactions: OzVic and dasn
It's for the rear lights more than the front lights. It's so the driver behind you can see you better through the mist that's being thrown up by your wheels.
THIS!

A few weeks ago while I was driving the rain got very heavy and the visibility significantly. Obviously I slowed down but I couldn't be sure if cars behind me would slow down. I had to struggle to turn the lights using the stupid touch screen while trying to keep my eyes on the road. I would have put the fog lights on, but that is a whole under user interface challenge!

• Informative
Reactions: paulp
THIS!

A few weeks ago while I was driving the rain got very heavy and the visibility significantly. Obviously I slowed down but I couldn't be sure if cars behind me would slow down. I had to struggle to turn the lights using the stupid touch screen while trying to keep my eyes on the road. I would have put the fog lights on, but that is a whole under user interface challenge!
if its raining heavily then it might be bit dark and due to this, headlights (and rear lights) should have turned on by itself. Isn't it?
i have noticed tht even if its drizzling and cloudy which makes the outdoor light darker then M3 automatically turns on the headlights.

if its raining heavily then it might be bit dark and due to this, headlights (and rear lights) should have turned on by itself. Isn't it?
i have noticed tht even if its drizzling and cloudy which makes the outdoor light darker then M3 automatically turns on the headlights.
It is so nice that your headlights turn on in heavy rain but mine don't as I have already said! Isn't it?

As I mentioned back in post #3493 for whatever reason Tesla have removed the excellent feature where headlights turned on automatically with windscreen wipers. Stupid move IMO. Like you say lights will still come eventually if ambient light decreases enough, but on with wipers as well was safer.

Perhaps they removed this feature because this wonderful new interface 🤮, requires you to turn the wipers on to adjust the wiper settings. In doing so this would have also turn the headlights on, confusing the user who expected to see a response from the wiper system. God knows.

Revisiting some of the map commentary earlier on, now that I’m getting used to the new UI:
  • If you move or drag the map, the compass icon goes grey to indicate car centering is off. Tap the compass icon and it goes back to black, re-centres the map, and car tracking resumes.
  • If you pinch and zoom the map to change the displayed scale, you need to be careful to do it without also moving or dragging the map otherwise centering gets turned off and tapping the compass icon will revert to the previous scale.
Others probably already know this, but it was the subject of a lot of commentary a few weeks ago.

Revisiting some of the map commentary earlier on, now that I’m getting used to the new UI:
  • If you move or drag the map, the compass icon goes grey to indicate car centering is off. Tap the compass icon and it goes back to black, re-centres the map, and car tracking resumes.
  • If you pinch and zoom the map to change the displayed scale, you need to be careful to do it without also moving or dragging the map otherwise centering gets turned off and tapping the compass icon will revert to the previous scale.
Others probably already know this, but it was the subject of a lot of commentary a few weeks ago.
You first dot point has always been the case…model S.
I recently discovered that if you pinch zoom to see a good way though the traffic (not sure why anyone needs to see a 3 suburb radius), after pinching if you maybe stop, have a bit of a rest, grab a coffee, maybe do some electron topups, the map eventually decides to stay at that scale and re-centre north…on a model S. Wouldn’t mind the plus minus buttons back sometime soon. No wait not tesla soon, just normal soon.

• Funny
Reactions: Vostok