Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Giving up on these updates….
The one installed today 2022.4.5.18 listed the same stuff it’s listed for the last 2 updates
All these updates seem to do is make sentry activation stop working which requires a reset
I could have sworn that 2 updates ago map would orientate north automatically but short lived. It now back to having to click two buttons

Yes, I noticed the higher Nav volume but have not yet investigated trying to change it.
Is it just Nav or the whole system? I have been having trouble with the whole system volume for some time. When I get into the car the phone ringer volume is on max (as is everyone’s) but the car sees this and sets the whole entertainment system to max. So the if anything is playing over Bluetooth or I hit the radio its at max volume. It’s seriously annoying and scares the heck out of me each and every time.
The only workaround I have found is to have the phone ringer volume reduced as I get to the car which I almost always forget to do.

Reactions: Punchbuggy
Just installed 2022.4.5.18 but yet to check it out.
First long drive with this version yesterday.

It appears the "phantom off ramp" problem is back (or it was never actually fixed). Twice the car dropped the TACC MAX to 100km/h and didn't put it back.

For a short period I though the "Headlights on with wipers" as working. As I was driving it started to rain lightly and the wipers came on but not the lights. I drove under and overpass and the lights came on. Instead of turning off straight away, the lights stayed on for perhaps 5 minutes. Then the rain got heavier and the lights turned off. They didn't come on again, even though it was raining and the wipers were going, until later in the day when it was starting to get dark. I can only assume that when the lights did come on, the car deemed it was dark enough for the lights and it had nothing to do with the wipers.

Is it just Nav or the whole system? I have been having trouble with the whole system volume for some time. When I get into the car the phone ringer volume is on max (as is everyone’s) but the car sees this and sets the whole entertainment system to max. So the if anything is playing over Bluetooth or I hit the radio its at max volume. It’s seriously annoying and scares the heck out of me each and every time.
The only workaround I have found is to have the phone ringer volume reduced as I get to the car which I almost always forget to do.

This has been occurring for me for quite sometime. Patiently waiting for an update that fixes it. I have iPhone 13 pro if that matters.

Giving up on these updates….
The one installed today 2022.4.5.18 listed the same stuff it’s listed for the last 2 updates
That's pretty normal for a fourth digit update - generally only bugfixes.

Typically only get new stuff in the monthly updates, and even then good stuff only every few months.

Not much in 2022.8.x branch which is starting rollout -

That's pretty normal for a fourth digit update - generally only bugfixes.

Typically only get new stuff in the monthly updates, and even then good stuff only every few months.

Not much in 2022.8.x branch which is starting rollout -
Does that mean 18 bug fix releases so far in 2022?

Only on 2022.4.5.x, not all of 2022, unless 2022.4.5.x is the only release so far for 2022.
There were a few releases before 2022.4.5.x releases, there was a china specific 2022.2 and a few sub releases for that and 2022.4 without any sub versions. The first one of that string I got was 2022.4.5.1 on 15th Feb, so that was just about 6 weeks ago. So they had 18 software versions for bug fixes in 6 weeks. I would call that a bit excessive and rushed.

Reactions: Wol747
So they had 18 software versions for bug fixes in 6 weeks. I would call that a bit excessive and rushed.
Is that 18 software releases or versions? If they've 18 versions but have been releasing a far lower number to production that's actually not a bad thing.

Without going into a long dissertation, checking in versions more regularly is a strong indicator of modern software development practices. You could argue that releasing 18 versions in 6 weeks is also a good indicator, however the opposing view could rightly argue that it's too much change for the end user to have to cope with.

Everything is relative. I have had my Renault Zoe for almost four years. It has OTA capability and indeed I had ONE OTA update over the period and also the dealer and myself applied one or two updates for trivial things. Plus I have to pay almost $100 for Tom Tom map updates (from day one) which come out once per year. It has full internet capability but in Australia (unlike Europe) things like scheduled departure and remote access to Climate are disabled. It's a great little car and has been immensely popular in Europe but Tesla leaves it for dead in heaps of areas. I'm a former SW developer and the SW updates don't worry me apart from the occasional irritation. I had already got used to script-kiddies doing SW development some years ago and miss the discipline of proper process. But I'm an oldie and have got over it.

By the way, for your amusement, I believe the Zoe only beats the Tesla in two (obscure) things:

1. Higher maximum speed in reverse (scary)! Tesla is limited, Zoe is not.
2. Braking from 100-0 was better than M3 when the M3 came out (no idea about now).

• Funny
Reactions: Maximillan
>>however the opposing view could rightly argue that it's too much change for the end user to have to cope with.<<
Exactly: this isn't a video game (mind you, getting close....) and when the early adopters have had their fill Tesla hope to be selling millions to people who don't want to find things changing every other drive or have to update all the time.

>>I'm a former SW developer and the SW updates don't worry me apart from the occasional irritation.<<
I'm sure you're not impressed with the user interface coding that's been pushed out with different ways of doing things and illegible icons and so on?