Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I have driven into and within fog.
However, I forgot to turn on front and rear fog lights plus doing so from the menus is a total pain. Plus I have not investigated whether or not there is a voice command. I suspect from your comment that there is not! Fortunately I usually have a passenger so I'll have to instruct them about how to do it.

Yes, I have driven into and within fog.
However, I forgot to turn on front and rear fog lights plus doing so from the menus is a total pain. Plus I have not investigated whether or not there is a voice command. I suspect from your comment that there is not! Fortunately I usually have a passenger so I'll have to instruct them about how to do it.
There is no voice command, plus you can't turn the fog lights on if the headlights are not on (hence my comment about being during the day).

To turn on the front and rear fog lights, you have to make 5 presses on the touch screen, including reaching across the screen to switch to the Lights panel and all while trying to concentrate on the road.

You may be able to get away with only 4 presses, if it is possible to switch the lights from Auto to On with a voice command.

If you flash the high beams by pulling on the left hand stalk then an abbreviated lights menu comes up where the cards for tyre pressure and odometer used to be. You can turn on fog lights front and rear there with one touch each without having to go through the full menu.

If you push the button on the end of the left hand stalk the wipers activate and again a small menu comes up to adjust wiper speed and to turn on or off auto wipers in easy reach without going through the full menu on the main portion of the screen.

If you increase or decrease the temperature by 0.5 degrees with the arrows next to the displayed temperature then another small menu will appear with a few of the common options to adjust demisters etc. To change the direction of the vents you still need to open the main climate menu.

If you flash the high beams by pulling on the left hand stalk then an abbreviated lights menu comes up where the cards for tyre pressure and odometer used to be. You can turn on fog lights front and rear there with one touch each without having to go through the full menu.

If you push the button on the end of the left hand stalk the wipers activate and again a small menu comes up to adjust wiper speed and to turn on or off auto wipers in easy reach without going through the full menu on the main portion of the screen.

If you increase or decrease the temperature by 0.5 degrees with the arrows next to the displayed temperature then another small menu will appear with a few of the common options to adjust demisters etc. To change the direction of the vents you still need to open the main climate menu.
I have certainly noticed the last two but they don't seem to stay up long enough to do anything. To be fair, though, I haven't tried as I find the Auto Wipers work fine (so don't need to adjust) and as yet I have not needed to turn the demisters on, as I always have AC on.

I will try the first one if it lets me turn the lights from Auto to On (which I would like to do when it is raining).

Reactions: Hairyman
Maybe things will improve when/if they expand the UI so that you can put together several commands (H/L on, front fog on, rear fog on) and roll them into a single icon on the bottom bar.

I may change my opinion if I lived in constantly foggy areas but ...

The harder rear fogs are to turn on the better! 99.9% misused, retina burning, blights on humanity.

In my locale anyhow..

Reactions: Loxmyf
Affirmative. Fortunately for me, voice control works pretty well (unlike for many others) as I would hate to wrestle with many aspects of the screen icons/fonts/menus when driving.
Lucky you! I have found the voice control useless: you never know when it will work correctly - or at all - so I just don't bother.
The only way of safely (!) using the screen is to temporarily put the car in auto while stabbing at the icons or trying to swipe up or down - and of course in this case you are not monitoring the car's progress.

Reactions: paulp
Re: "Lucky you! I have found the voice control useless: you never know when it will work correctly - or at all "

Must be my accent. I speak English, French, lived in the UK 3yrs and visited the USA 104 times plus Europe/Asia many times. So maybe my accent is sufficiently mixed up to just work...But I definitely do not have an American accent. Undoubtedly lucky. My Zoe definitely prefers French pronunciation of several words otherwise she ignores me and probably behaves the same way many Aussies experience their Teslas.

I have often thought that if the car uses AI, then it should be learning from the voice commands. I have no idea if it does or does not. However, maybe it is worth a try to see if it can improve with practice? Maybe people have already tried that and given up.

My son-in-law has a house full of Google and automated appliances. I have been VERY impressed with its voice recognition.

You’d expect so, but I think they were trying multiple things in an attempt to get heat.
the way I see it, They had a few cars in Canada with heat issues, but they had a million cars with UI issues, they had to walk back on after the stuff-up on Christmas update, so yea, they tried a few things with the heating but mostly they were trying to add back the icons and things they removed from the UI without testing that release.

So, a couple of days ago my car got that 2022.4.5.18 update. Since then, I haven't really left the house as we were in home quarantine. Today finally out of quarantine, I dropped my son off to school and to my surprise, I cannot engage cruise (TACC) on the car when on M1. It says "Cruise not available." So when I got to school, I rebooted the car at school parking lot and drove back home. Same story still it will not engage cruise. There appears no errors or warnings, just the message "Cruise not available.". I have never had this happen before, so I wonder if its something that broke with the last software update or some sensor buggered up when car was sitting in garage for the past week. Either way I scheduled a service to see if they can figure it out.

So, a couple of days ago my car got that 2022.4.5.18 update. Since then, I haven't really left the house as we were in home quarantine. Today finally out of quarantine, I dropped my son off to school and to my surprise, I cannot engage cruise (TACC) on the car when on M1. It says "Cruise not available." So when I got to school, I rebooted the car at school parking lot and drove back home. Same story still it will not engage cruise. There appears no errors or warnings, just the message "Cruise not available.". I have never had this happen before, so I wonder if its something that broke with the last software update or some sensor buggered up when car was sitting in garage for the past week. Either way I scheduled a service to see if they can figure it out.
You may want to check if there is anything (condensation?) obstructing the cameras around the car.