Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh good. Hopefully this fixes the issue where I jump in to the car to find my wife's profile is active when her iphone is in a nearby room, even though my android phone unlocked the car.
I eventually pushed the seat back a little on my wife's profile and saved. I'm sure she doesn't notice the slight stretch and at least now I'm not at risk of injury getting in.

• Funny
Reactions: Fazza
- when reversing the two side cameras don’t activate
Have you pressed the pullup arrow to display the side cameras?
1651814376101.png

The option to display them may have reset during the update. Alternatively a reboot should fix it if they are displayed and blank.

Last edited:
Reactions: sulrich70
I should have also added
occasional message about regenerative braking not working as well (or a message to that effect), sometimes it comes up with this warning, sometimes it doesn’t.
The alert has recently changed, it used to say regen reduced, now it adds notes about using the brake pedal as well and you can definitely feel the regen letting go midway down a hill. This was hardly noticeable previously even @100%

Battery preheating has dropped off as well with one of the last updates which is contributing to the reduced regen IMO. Been well < 10 degrees the last few mornings here and no battery heating at all. 🤷🏻‍♂️
This time last year it would heat for a solid 30mins

Reactions: sulrich70
Battery preheating has dropped off as well with one of the last updates which is contributing to the reduced regen IMO. Been well < 10 degrees the last few mornings here and no battery heating at all. 🤷🏻‍♂️
This time last year it would heat for a solid 30mins
If you charge overnight, I recommend using Scheduled Departure rather than Scheduled Charge. The battery warms during the charging process, so if that's at the end of the night rather than the start the battery will retain some heat for when you start driving. Last winter that's been enough for me to never see the regen dots in the morning, when I always would the winter before when I was using Scheduled Charge to start at 11pm.

If you charge overnight, I recommend using Scheduled Departure rather than Scheduled Charge. The battery warms during the charging process, so if that's at the end of the night rather than the start the battery will retain some heat for when you start driving. Last winter that's been enough for me to never see the regen dots in the morning, when I always would the winter before when I was using Scheduled Charge to start at 11pm.
I mostly use scheduled departure so agree with your statement, however I’m still getting regen bubbles. In the peak of last winter (Melbourne) I could do a 90km commute and still have 3 or so bubbles showing at the end of the commute 😳.

Well all I know is that my wife’s phone always used to win and set the driver profile to hers when both our phones were present, and now it doesn‘t 😊
I finally did a full test of this and multiple phone keys now works exactly as you would hope.

1. When I open the driver’s door it always selects my profile when my partner has their phone with them and gets in passenger side.
2. When my partner opens the driver’s door and I go to the passenger side my partner’s profile is selected.
3. If my partner opens the driver’s door (and her profile is selected) and we change our minds and switch drivers my profile is correctly selected when I open the driver’s door. All we needed to do was close the driver’s door, walk around to the other side of the car and when I re-opened the driver’s door my profile was correctly selected.

All this happened with no hesitation or delay. We both have iPhones.

Now to get Podcasts on TuneIn working so we don't have to start at the beginning of an episode everytime!!

I have discovered that while USB Musicus Interruptus has been fixed with the latest update, that is only true if the car does not go to sleep before re-entry. So one has about 15 minutes away from the car to smoothly continue one’s audio journey. If the car goes to sleep, it forgets where it was and you will be met with silence upon return.

So this might be the same issue with TuneIn etc.

Im still on 2022.12.3.2 for just over 2 weeks now and I hope there will be another update soon as this one appears one of the more problematic ones for me. Since the update installed, I have not had any tire pressure sensors. On the service screen of the menu the whole section with the car has been missing. The cruise control has been unavailable pretty much daily, occasionally it becomes available for a drive and then disappears again. The visualizations for the surrounding cars appear to randomly vanish and sometimes not show up for a day at a time sometimes they flick on for a few seconds and then vanish again.
All of this was working perfectly fine without any glitches when I was on 2022.12.3.1 software and has been really glitchy since 2022.12.3.2 installed. I have been restarting the car at least 2-3 times a day hoping it would work better but so far no change. I just hope the next update will get it back to its usual self. Strangely the glitches do not appear to affect the sentry mode or the dashcam functions as those record perfectly regardless of other functions not working.

Im still on 2022.12.3.2 for just over 2 weeks now and I hope there will be another update soon as this one appears one of the more problematic ones for me. Since the update installed, I have not had any tire pressure sensors. On the service screen of the menu the whole section with the car has been missing. The cruise control has been unavailable pretty much daily, occasionally it becomes available for a drive and then disappears again. The visualizations for the surrounding cars appear to randomly vanish and sometimes not show up for a day at a time sometimes they flick on for a few seconds and then vanish again.
All of this was working perfectly fine without any glitches when I was on 2022.12.3.1 software and has been really glitchy since 2022.12.3.2 installed. I have been restarting the car at least 2-3 times a day hoping it would work better but so far no change. I just hope the next update will get it back to its usual self. Strangely the glitches do not appear to affect the sentry mode or the dashcam functions as those record perfectly regardless of other functions not working.
Worth a call to the service centre and getting an update pushed?

Have you allowing it to go fully to sleep, by disabling sentry. Mine has also had 2022.12.3.2 for several weeks and everything seems fine.

Have you allowing it to go fully to sleep, by disabling sentry. Mine has also had 2022.12.3.2 for several weeks and everything seems fine.
Yes, I have even started to use the shut down on the car in the evenings, so I turn off the bluetooth on my phone to stop it from waking and shut it down from the menu let it sleep overnight and wake it in the morning. I have sentry excluded from home as it sits in the garage and garage has cameras anyways. So far this has been the flakiest update I have had in 3 years. I hope there will be another update soon to move on from this. If I still have issues after next update, I will open a service ticket.

I would definitely open a service call - not because of the lack of updates, but because of the kind of errors you see. I've had autopilot issues where it would become sporadically unavailable and they diagnosed a fault with the APP and replaced the AP primary computer as a result - and it's worked ever since. Didn't have anything to do with the software version. Hardware failures in vehicles with this level of complexity can be insidious and are not always readily diagnosed as such, especially when combined with sloppy UI programming. Always remember: The MCU is just the user interface. You can reboot it while driving, even with AP engaged, and everything will continue to work throughout the reboot, except for the user interface which will go away of course. If core functionality like cruise control / autopilot is borked, it's usually a deeper problem than a software update.

Reactions: DasBoot