Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had any issues with preheating cabin of late? Still on 2022.12.13.2 and I seem to have developed an issue where the car charges but doesn’t preheat the cabin no matter what I set and now the boot stops halfway every so often.

Is there a reliable source for being able to ascertain whether a new release is relatively bug / issue free?
No such source as such an event has never occured. Latest release means the pinch to zoom on the map now works and stays large….sometimes. Other times the map stays locked and the car moves off.
at least it was good for 3 updates before tesla broke it again.

As above this forum or FB.

Tesla generally rolls out pretty slow initially, and most people will only get a release if it looks OK.

The most recent 2022.12.3.2 which seemingly broke Sentry for a lot of people an exception to this.
Usually I dont mind the slow rollout as it does probably mean somewhat less issues get to majority of cars, however when they do end up pushing a really buggered version out like that 2022.12.3.2, I do wish there was an option to roll back to 2022.12.3 that I had before or that the next one would not have such a slow rollout., just to get out of that bad version For me it did not break sentry, but it did break plenty of other things (tire pressure sensors, TACC, traffic visualisations, auto wipers and cabin heating, seat heating automations), so cant wait for the slow rollout of the next version to reach my car at some point. So far this buggered version seems to be the longest one I have had this year as all previous versions were way more stable with less issues besides the UI design problems, but they moved through 2-4 updates per month, now this one I have been stuck with for over a month and it has by far most issues with my car from any update in 3 years. And the issues were very apparent from the first drive after it installed. If any of the issues remain after next update, I will schedule service, however all issues started the moment after the update installed, so I suspect its a bad update and next one should fix it.

Now that winter has hit, I’ve noticed that the resistive heater always fires up when I drive, even though the AC is off and the display shows the temperature setting as “manual”. This used not to be the case as far as I can recall.

I’m assuming the only way to stop it would be to turn climate control off completely, but that then would also stop the fan and no fresh air would come into the cabin.

A lot of the time I wouldn’t mind cold air coming in and just use the seat heaters to keep me warm. But is there now no way to do this?

• Funny
Reactions: bay74
No such source as such an event has never occured. Latest release means the pinch to zoom on the map now works and stays large….sometimes. Other times the map stays locked and the car moves off.
at least it was good for 3 updates before tesla broke it again.
I can't believe how people say Tesla's a "software company", not a car manufacturer.
Tesla software exhibits so many bugs, random actions and poor screen information that they need to get some adult programmers onside, stop making games and farts their priority and concentrate on making the software user intuitive and accessible on bumpy roads. (Yes, we do have them...)

(Edited) I wonder if the software update is the reason why my S has been seen to lose 25Km/day while parked - I have today found that sentry mode is "on" at home when it's been off as default since I bought it.

Now that winter has hit, I’ve noticed that the resistive heater always fires up when I drive, even though the AC is off and the display shows the temperature setting as “manual”. This used not to be the case as far as I can recall.
I noticed this also, haven't had a good play was thinking of setting the temperature as low as it'll go so hopefully it doesn't run the heater.

It’s been this way in the heap pump models for ages, fans noises and all sorts of air when the climate is set to off. I too would just like to have fresh air without anything else, but it doesn’t seem to work that way. I have limited success with fresh air, fan 1 and fresh air flow but then the windscreen fogs up 🤦🏻‍♂️

I wonder if the software update is the reason why my S has been seen to lose 25Km/day while parked - I have today found that sentry mode is "on" at home when it's been off as default since I bought it.
Mine does that if I reboot it at home in the garage, then it forgets that its home and locks the doors when I walk out from garage and turns sentry on, however that only lasts until I drive away and come back. However issue comes back if I restart car again at home. Kinda annoying but has been doing that as far back as I remember.

Looks like Tesla is looking at expanding FSD beta to Australia next. I am a bit skeptical how well that will do considering how badly off the current TACC is in detecting speed limits and signs.

Looks like Tesla is looking at expanding FSD beta to Australia next. I am a bit skeptical how well that will do considering how badly off the current TACC is in detecting speed limits and signs.

From the linked article:
"According to Tesla, Model 3 and Model Y vehicles built from June 2022 onwards bound for the Australian and New Zealand markets will have its camera-based Autopilot system."

So us loyal customers that have what "was" the required hardware to run FSD (Model X with FSD and upgraded hardware) will not get in to the BETA or have it's hardware upgraded until Tesla decide to go full release with FSD which lets face it could be years away at best...I'll have sold my X by then...what a total crock of ......

Reactions: Wol747
From the linked article:
"According to Tesla, Model 3 and Model Y vehicles built from June 2022 onwards bound for the Australian and New Zealand markets will have its camera-based Autopilot system."

So us loyal customers that have what "was" the required hardware to run FSD (Model X with FSD and upgraded hardware) will not get in to the BETA or have it's hardware upgraded until Tesla decide to go full release with FSD which lets face it could be years away at best...I'll have sold my X by then...what a total crock of ......
I know for a fact the Beta testing participation in the US is not predicated on having camera-based Autopilot system, so I would imagine the same would apply here. I think that was just sloppy reporting to add that bit into the article.
My understanding is for older vehicles, they can just software exclude the telemetry from the radar to make it camera-based.

I have been stuck on 2022.12.3.2 since 5/5/2022. Car always says "Up to date as of May 13th 2022", which it has been saying for 5 weeks now. Set on advanced. Rebooting does nothing to change it. Connected to 4G and WiFi all the time. Tried to log service call but the app will not let me do so saying '"you have latest software version for your region" after it does its AI "running diagnostics" spiel!
Anyone else have this?

I have been stuck on 2022.12.3.2 since 5/5/2022. Car always says "Up to date as of May 13th 2022", which it has been saying for 5 weeks now. Set on advanced. Rebooting does nothing to change it. Connected to 4G and WiFi all the time. Tried to log service call but the app will not let me do so saying '"you have latest software version for your region" after it does its AI "running diagnostics" spiel!
Anyone else have this?
Yes same software update. Mine says up to date from 2nd June. Usually I can force it to recheck but choosing a different wifi (phone) but haven’t been successful this round. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Has there been any update since 12.13.2?