Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The EAP inclusions are listed on the email or the website.

DAF2A476-5987-41D6-AAC5-9C660A0BF5AE.png

Agreed, not sure it’s gone down in the last few years though sadly.
I noticed the reasonably priced deals for EAP or upgrade from EAP to FSD kind of stopped a few months before orders for Model 3 were made available in Australia. Before that they had often short term deals with major price drops. So for those of us who ordered Model 3 or purchased their Tesla after, there really have not been a deal available that I would have been willing to go for. At current stage, I would say my ceiling on this would be about $3k for EAP and $5k for FSD

• Informative
Reactions: Leeroy
Woke up to 16.1.2 being available for install via the app. Tapped "install now" several times but the 2 minute timer never appeared, then the "update available" message disappeared. Poof! Magic smoke. And no update.

Guess that got pulled before I had the chance...

EDIT: about 20 minutes later now: iPhone had a Tesla App message stating "command timeout" on opening. On refreshing the app, it's now at 60% installing 16.1.2.

Buggy McBugface

Ok, we are back on the hamster wheel...
So I had a really bad experience with the 2022.12.3.2 update for the past month and a half.
Yesterday I finally got the notification that there was an update, My car installed 2022.16.1.1 and I took it out for a spin. Did not have any of the issues I was plagued with on the previous version, but I only did about 10km drive, so cant really comment on its stability, the new graphics on the visualization looks better and all my TACC and tire pressure sensors worked again. Finally.
Now this morning, less than 24hrs since installing 2022.16.1.1 my car tells me it has 2022.16.1.2 ready to install. Was there a known issue with 2022.16.1.1 that needs urgent update or is this like the 2022.12.3.1 to 2022.12.3.2 that basically broke many functions on my car from a rather stable release?

16.1.1 started rolling out about 2 weeks ago. So 16.1.2 doesn't seem like an emergency fix.
16.1.1 initially had a very cautious approach where it installed on a few cars per day and waited to see if things got bad. 16.1.2 on the other hand seems to be getting full push on everything from the first day it showed up, Does not look like any caution or testing to see if it had bad effects is happening with it? Here is hoping its still stable after installing it.

I don't think that's how Tesla software deployment works @Priit. They test on their own fleet, probably just a few cars per model, then roll out in the US and if that doesn't like someone borked something, they push to the applicable markets where the new code is meant to work.

Since installing 2022.16.1.2 I have noticed that the surrounding traffic visualization is a lot better looking, but I am wondering if it is much more resource hungry also. The reason being that I was stuck on motorway traffic today and the traffic was only moving between 30-60 speeds and I noticed that all the cars in the next lane were about half a car length off in that the ultrasonic sensors showed the yellow line that car was there but on the visualization there were still behind or in front of me depending on if my lane was going faster or theirs, so there seemed to be about a second lag on the visualization.

Since installing 2022.16.1.2 I have noticed that the surrounding traffic visualization is a lot better looking, but I am wondering if it is much more resource hungry also. The reason being that I was stuck on motorway traffic today and the traffic was only moving between 30-60 speeds and I noticed that all the cars in the next lane were about half a car length off in that the ultrasonic sensors showed the yellow line that car was there but on the visualization there were still behind or in front of me depending on if my lane was going faster or theirs, so there seemed to be about a second lag on the visualization.
I’ve always found the visualisation through the windshield exceptional with no lag and it shows everything I need to know

Got an alert today for 2022.12.3.2 to 16.1.2
(Fairly rare direct pathway according to TeslaFi).

Was driving near Tesla Alexandria at the time, so dropped in to use the automatic Tesla Service WiFi. Still took 15min for the mid-download error check.

Will install overnight.

Is that a new feature? LOL
Agree doesn’t beat the screen one

Thicker regen bar? The engineer that designed the first one should go

I also noticed a delay on new update on visualisation. 1 sec after passing the car it shows. Cars look nicer though

I’ve always found the visualisation through the windshield exceptional with no lag and it shows everything I need to know