Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it does
Only been a few days but previous error message doesn’t appear anymore
What also seems to have been improved is clips taking you directly to the point before the sentry is activated but could just be one off

Does the latest 16. release fix the ongoing sentry cam not being available that I have experienced since installing 2022.12.3.7.5. I have to keep unplugging my drive and plugging it back in to fix it.

Reactions: evpaddie
I have noticed a significant increase in phantom braking and hesitation from the car since 16.1.2. I can count legitimate phantom braking about 10 times in a year of ownership. Last night was 4 alone on the Monash freeway in a 10 min window plus another few this morning. There’s also a more noticeable hesitation when you flick the indicator to merge you can feel the car back off when on autopilot. Anyone else getting this?

I noticed a new error message today, presumbly part of one of the many recent bug fixes.
Essentially the camera system was not operational due to glare or dirt on the left side. It was sun glare, low winter midday sun knocked out the autopilot camera system. Seems like a significant problem to overcome to achieve the aim of an automous or even partly autonomous system.

• Informative
Reactions: Fazza
I noticed a new error message today, presumbly part of one of the many recent bug fixes.
Essentially the camera system was not operational due to glare or dirt on the left side. It was sun glare, low winter midday sun knocked out the autopilot camera system. Seems like a significant problem to overcome to achieve the aim of an automous or even partly autonomous system.
Yes. I get that error from time to time in similar conditions

I have noticed a significant increase in phantom braking and hesitation from the car since 16.1.2. I can count legitimate phantom braking about 10 times in a year of ownership. Last night was 4 alone on the Monash freeway in a 10 min window plus another few this morning. There’s also a more noticeable hesitation when you flick the indicator to merge you can feel the car back off when on autopilot. Anyone else getting this?
I've noticed summons gone south trying to park in my narrow LUG since 2022.16.x ...anyone else?.. but yeah those phantom brakes nasty.. i was hoping Tesla would move to all Teslas with FSD to using purely camera based Tesla vision for the autopilot features.. even though radar there why use it? .. what's with the reporting that cars built only from June 2022 headed for AUS/NZ/JP/Etc will use Tesla Vision - what's the reason? Better cameras? in that case anyone who has paid for FSD should be getting the required hardware IMO.. or refund my 8.5K thanks Musky/Tesla!

I've noticed summons gone south trying to park in my narrow LUG since 2022.16.x ...anyone else?.. but yeah those phantom brakes nasty.. i was hoping Tesla would move to all Teslas with FSD to using purely camera based Tesla vision for the autopilot features.. even though radar there why use it? .. what's with the reporting that cars built only from June 2022 headed for AUS/NZ/JP/Etc will use Tesla Vision - what's the reason? Better cameras? in that case anyone who has paid for FSD should be getting the required hardware IMO.. or refund my 8.5K thanks Musky/Tesla!

It's very typical Tesla, yes those with June 2022+ cars will get the better verson and yes those that paid for the hardware will get the better version...but all those on standard AP will get the crappy version that will always be crappy because Tesla will claim our hardware is not up to the required task).

I swear my original S with AP1 using MobileEye (or whatever it was called) is still better than my Model 3 and my wife’s Model X (and she has latest hardware with FSD etc.)....and better by a good margin "most" of the time.....

If I knew paying $5,100 for EAP would 100% guarantee the newer software stack was used and that I would get all the latest hardware installed I would then pay the $'s....but unless one ticks the FSD box you have no guarantee that Tesla will upgrade your hardware (even with EAP bought) until they deem FSD release, they will elect to pick the current cars in country that have the required hardware rather than fork out $'s they may never have to (as in FSD never gets released or released in the time frame we have our cars).

I thought the 3 all had the same hardware? Meaning vision and radar, but our radar is was still running?

Vision is now better in the new cars (better camera's) as well as they have a much faster CPU....so our older Model 3's will never be able to do FSD with current hardware. So the argument goes your pay the $'s for the FSD software and Tesla will upgrade your hardware, but here is the thing....they won't....they will only upgrade your hardware when there is a need and there will be no need for EAP (our cars can handle EAP on current hardware) and FSD isn't here and when it comes Tesla will just "not select you" during beta therefore will not be legally required to upgrade your hardware...

That's my take....

Last edited:
Vision is now better in the new cars (better camera's) as well as they have a much faster CPU....
Cameras haven't changed yet.
Tesla has signed a new contract but they haven't made production models.

HW3 is the navigation engine, that hasn't changed.
The new Ryzen chip just powers the user interface.

It's been rumoured that HW4 (or FSD Computer 2) will be rolled out with the new cameras

It's very typical Tesla, yes those with June 2022+ cars will get the better verson and yes those that paid for the hardware will get the better version...but all those on standard AP will get the crappy version that will always be crappy because Tesla will claim our hardware is not up to the required task).

I swear my original S with AP1 using MobileEye (or whatever it was called) is still better than my Model 3 and my wife’s Model X (and she has latest hardware with FSD etc.)....and better by a good margin "most" of the time.....

If I knew paying $5,100 for EAP would 100% guarantee the newer software stack was used and that I would get all the latest hardware installed I would then pay the $'s....but unless one ticks the FSD box you have no guarantee that Tesla will upgrade your hardware (even with EAP bought) until they deem FSD release, they will elect to pick the current cars in country that have the required hardware rather than fork out $'s they may never have to (as in FSD never gets released or released in the time frame we have our cars).
I completely agree that mobileye AP1 was and is superior to tesla AP (whatever number they are up to)

Reactions: EcoCloudIT
Got 2022.16.2 this morning. Had my longest gap 43 days on 2022.12.3.2 then three updates in the space of a week. There really is no rhyme nor reason is there. Oh and my “Last checked” date and time are updating properly now.
similar situation for me. Though the longest gap I had was last year with over 2 months on same version, however last year the version was a rather stable one with no issues, this year the version that stuck the longest was the worst one I have had.
Though this morning the car is installing 2022.16.2 and I really hope it will be a stable version. The current one it is upgrading from is 2022.16.1.2 and I have not had any issues with it, though I have only had it for a few days.

Can anyone clarify why I get 16.2 update 2 weeks ago only to get prompted that 16.2 is available today?
Or is my memory going?
I have seen this before with other updates
Could the one 2 weeks ago have been 16.1.2 and the one today 16.2? As according to the information available so far 16.2 was first released June 21, 2022 and 16.1.2 was first released June 15, 2022, so a week and a half ago?

You probably right, my bad
Dyslexia kicked in
Probably should have said why the same release notes between 1.2 and 2
Maybe 16.2 is a hotfix

Regen warning came up again even though warm outside
Will try a reboot

Could the one 2 weeks ago have been 16.1.2 and the one today 16.2? As according to the information available so far 16.2 was first released June 21, 2022 and 16.1.2 was first released June 15, 2022, so a week and a half ago?