Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Blaq
Lots of people have said "I think they're going to" or even "I'm sure they're going to". There was also a Tesla produced Linkedin video which included images of the interface.. with a Zoom icon in the shortcut icon list.

But to my knowledge, the existence of this login interface hasn't appeared before.
Yes it’s a good sign, how apps can be developed and certified for use on the platform is another matter. Will they be Tesla developed or 3rd party? Who knows? I for one would like to know an app I am installing on my car has been sufficiently tested and that it’s not going to brick the operating system.

Reactions: Hairyman
I for one would like to know an app I am installing on my car has been sufficiently tested and that it’s not going to brick the operating system.
If you really want to know this before installing on your car, you may need to avoid all and any Tesla software updates at least a month or two after they get pushed out. My experience so far has been that most of their updates have not been tested at all. I am pretty sure they use their customer fleet to test updates.

Reactions: Maximillan
Yes it’s a good sign, how apps can be developed and certified for use on the platform is another matter. Will they be Tesla developed or 3rd party? Who knows? I for one would like to know an app I am installing on my car has been sufficiently tested and that it’s not going to brick the operating system.
Do what I do, don't install any release that @Vostok hasn't already installed! :D

I've been ignoring the software update message since 24th December 2021 (but am close to updating, soon).

Even just adding partners that can be accessed via keyword in voice is sufficient if that's all the AppStore is released as. e.g. keyword "OK Google" so you can say "Ok Google - Broadcast - About to arrive home, can someone help with the groceries". But agree it will be like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto with very limited developer capabilities for while driving (it has to be), and fullscreen accessible if you are in Park and want to pre-order your Burger King!) But really hope you can make your own car accept "developer" apps as that could be interesting (if not dangerous to do so). Also opens up the opportunity to sell innovative Apps at more than $2 per month too... (but I digress)

So it does look like the 2022.16.3 is starting to roll out to larger group. I'm still on 2022.16.2 and I was wondering about the first impressions on 2022.16.3, as last time they did a large rollout of a minor update without much testing before I was stuck on a bad firmware for 6 weeks. As 2022.16.2 appears rather solid for now, I would really like to see a few positive feedback posts on the new 2022.16.3 before allowing that to overwrite my current firmware.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
I imagine they'll be 3rd party but heavily curated and limited. Kinda like how Apple is more strict that Google, but to the next level. Totally understandable considering how a poorly coded app in a car can be risky.

So it does look like the 2022.16.3 is starting to roll out to larger group. I'm still on 2022.16.2 and I was wondering about the first impressions on 2022.16.3, as last time they did a large rollout of a minor update without much testing before I was stuck on a bad firmware for 6 weeks. As 2022.16.2 appears rather solid for now, I would really like to see a few positive feedback posts on the new 2022.16.3 before allowing that to overwrite my current firmware.
I got the update to 2022.16.3 at the crack of dawn today. Have driven most of the day and have noticed nothing untoward, seems as solid as 16.2

Tend to agree here and tired of updating to get sweet FA…
Might ignore as you suggested
At least when you get an update, might be something worth getting excited over

If you really want to know this before installing on your car, you may need to avoid all and any Tesla software updates at least a month or two after they get pushed out. My experience so far has been that most of their updates have not been tested at all. I am pretty sure they use their customer fleet to test updates.

Even just adding partners that can be accessed via keyword in voice is sufficient if that's all the AppStore is released as. e.g. keyword "OK Google" so you can say "Ok Google - Broadcast - About to arrive home, can someone help with the groceries". But agree it will be like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto with very limited developer capabilities for while driving (it has to be), and fullscreen accessible if you are in Park and want to pre-order your Burger King!) But really hope you can make your own car accept "developer" apps as that could be interesting (if not dangerous to do so). Also opens up the opportunity to sell innovative Apps at more than $2 per month too... (but I digress)
LOL! That use case is going to make you real popular with the broadcast recipients. mum: "hey kids, can you show me how to block messages?"

• Funny
Reactions: TaslaSR+
Actually I do want to report one small inconvenience on the 2022.16.2 firmware that I have noticed. It may be firmware, but also may be something getting ready to break on the car.
Every morning when I get to work, I open the driver window completely by pressing the window button completely down and use my tag on the gate at work. This has usually worked perfectly, and the window opens perfectly now also, however since upgrading to 2022.16.2 when I pull the window button up instead of closing the window completely it closes it about 3-4cm, then opens up again and only on the second try of pulling the button up it closes it automatically. This seems to act that way every morning after the car has slept the first time, if I try it again it seems to work fine the second time.

Actually I do want to report one small inconvenience on the 2022.16.2 firmware that I have noticed. It may be firmware, but also may be something getting ready to break on the car.
Every morning when I get to work, I open the driver window completely by pressing the window button completely down and use my tag on the gate at work. This has usually worked perfectly, and the window opens perfectly now also, however since upgrading to 2022.16.2 when I pull the window button up instead of closing the window completely it closes it about 3-4cm, then opens up again and only on the second try of pulling the button up it closes it automatically. This seems to act that way every morning after the car has slept the first time, if I try it again it seems to work fine the second time.
There is a re-callibration sequence I sometimes have to do after updates to sort out the windows. All down at same time. Jump out of car and log off from app. Log back in and all windows up at same time. This was provided by tesla. It may or may solve your problem.

• Informative
Reactions: Priit and Hairyman
There is a re-callibration sequence I sometimes have to do after updates to sort out the windows. All down at same time. Jump out of car and log off from app. Log back in and all windows up at same time. This was provided by tesla. It may or may solve your problem.
Thanks for that, I tried that trick last night and this morning the car did not do that glitch with the driver window.

Reactions: paulp
I got 2022.16.3 this morning. I'll let you know if I notice anything.