Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently in new 2022.24, the blind spot camera location is draggable to different positions. Should make it a bit more usable.

And shareable profiles, moved indicators, and seemingly a change to alternate routing.

I am also getting more incorrect 40 detections (from 80 and 60 speed signs) around town.
I have had a few strange detections around gold coast a few times where it detects a 60 or 70 sign as 45 and slows me down to it. I did not even know 45 was an option for signs in Australia. Never seen one in person. Though usually also the sign had a shade from a tree over it, but not actually obstructing the sign, just visibly having darker areas on it.

Got my software versons all wrong...my Model 3P is on 2020.16.3 (with all sorts of audio and BT issues) whereas my Model X (with FSD with HW3 etc.) is on 2020.20.7. How many versions behind the latest would that be?

More calls from Tesla and they basically say "Stiff, your car reports it's on the latest", which is clearly utter BS.

Got my software versons all wrong...my Model 3P is on 2020.16.3 (with all sorts of audio and BT issues) whereas my Model X (with FSD with HW3 etc.) is on 2020.20.7. How many versions behind the latest would that be?

More calls from Tesla and they basically say "Stiff, your car reports it's on the latest", which is clearly utter BS.
I suspect you got your year numbers wrong in the checking process. Mine is still on 2022.16.3, but it did start to report about an hour ago that 2022.20.7 is available for download in I get to wifi range, so will see tonight when I get home.

I suspect you got your year numbers wrong in the checking process. Mine is still on 2022.16.3, but it did start to report about an hour ago that 2022.20.7 is available for download in I get to wifi range, so will see tonight when I get home.
Oops...I'm on a roll....yes I meant 2022.16.3 for the Model 3P and 2022.20.7 for the Model X....

I am assymin this means my 3 is more than 1 month before my Model X is releases?

In terms of WiFi, my car is on WiFi when at home and I am at home now and no update...I am on advanced (which I think makes no difference) and I have rebooted etc...I've also gone past Tesla SC and checked in to their WiFi...no dice...I have Tesla (Australia) telling me my car is on the latest....really frustrating...again I don't care aout the latest features, it more a case of BlueTooth on 2022.16.3 being crap hence wanting an update....

Roughly.
But according to TeslaFi both are the most popular versions going around at the moment.
I'd expect in the next week the 3 will get an update.

Cars with FSD tens to get updates earlier, so its not a surprise that the X is on a later version at present.

I guess so, however my 3P has been consistantly (for the past 1.5 years) 1-2 days behind the Model X...

I am assymin this means my 3 is more than 1 month before my Model X is releases?
Nah. The 2022.16.* line was branched from the development line 4 weeks before the 2022.20.* line, but neither of 2022.16.3 or 2022.20.7 are the first release of those respective branches.

2022.16.3 was first seen by Teslafi on July 1st and 2022.20.7 was first seen on July 24th so they're more like 23 days apart.

Nah. The 2022.16.* line was branched from the development line 4 weeks before the 2022.20.* line, but neither of 2022.16.3 or 2022.20.7 are the first release of those respective branches.

2022.16.3 was first seen by Teslafi on July 1st and 2022.20.7 was first seen on July 24th so they're more like 23 days apart.

Fair enough, I'd be happy with 2022.16.GetItRight version if my BT is fixed....

Last edited:
Oops...I'm on a roll....yes I meant 2022.16.3 for the Model 3P and 2022.20.7 for the Model X....
1659084525675.jpeg

:)

In the full year of ownership it has never once recognised a speed sign on a highway. Around town, all the time. On a highway, never.

Edit: Just to claiify. It does change the posted speed on highways but it does it using the GPS road data, not visual recognition. This is why it doesn't read road work or other temporary speed signs on highways

Hmmm… that has not been my experience at all. I’ve just driven the Great Western Highway from Bathurst to Sydney where there is a bit of roadwork going on and it picked up all the 40 and 60 roadworks signs. And annoyingly, with the side-by-side “40 Trucks and Heavy Vehicles | 80 Cars and Light Vehicles” speed signs, it decided the speed limit was 40 not 80 🤣! If Tesla was relying on GPS road data, it would know that Model 3 is not a truck!

Hmmm… that has not been my experience at all. I’ve just driven the Great Western Highway from Bathurst to Sydney where there is a bit of roadwork going on and it picked up all the 40 and 60 roadworks signs. And annoyingly, with the side-by-side “40 Trucks and Heavy Vehicles | 80 Cars and Light Vehicles” speed signs, it decided the speed limit was 40 not 80 🤣! If Tesla was relying on GPS road data, it would know that Model 3 is not a truck!
I don't doubt your experiences at all. We all know that things can be terribly inconsistent. My feeling is that for some reason some roads have not been tagged as highways for what ever reason. As others have mentioned and pointed to above. The official Tesla stance is that in Australia we do not get speed sign recognition on highways. And as I have attested that is certainly true for me. Never once in 12 months of ownership. Once again I'm not saying you don't in some cases but it is obviously the exception to the rule so something must be going on on certain roads.

Reactions: paulp
I don't doubt your experiences at all. We all know that things can be terribly inconsistent. My feeling is that for some reason some roads have not been tagged as highways for what ever reason. As others have mentioned and pointed to above. The official Tesla stance is that in Australia we do not get speed sign recognition on highways. And as I have attested that is certainly true for me. Never once in 12 months of ownership. Once again I'm not saying you don't in some cases but it is obviously the exception to the rule so something must be going on on certain roads.
Yeah I think this is right. The more motorway-like the road is, the more likely it's classified as a "highway" by whatever data source they're using.

My experience has been similar to @Vostok s in the 3 years of ownership I have had plenty of times on M1 between Gold Coast and Brisbane where it auto slows down for road works and speeds up after road works, though it is very inconsistent and often even in same place it does not do it. For most of the time it also displays the speed signs it recognizes on the screen, though sometimes or in some areas it appears to ignore them and not display them on screen.
Thanks, got it...I'm still convinced it was because I rang Tesla and complained :rolleyes:
I have always advocated that complaining about something on the internet yields better results than ringing the official channels :D

• Funny
Reactions: Maximillan