Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both those gremlins could benefit from rebooting your MCU's again, post update, if u have not already tried.
Oh, I have rebooted twice since the last time my car did update before this issue happened. The update was installed almost 2 weeks ago and I have charged at home without this happening 3 times so this happened on 4th charging at home since the upgrade. I tried to reproduce the issue this morning and it did not come back, so must have been a glitch in the system.

Oh, I have rebooted twice since the last time my car did update before this issue happened. The update was installed almost 2 weeks ago and I have charged at home without this happening 3 times so this happened on 4th charging at home since the upgrade. I tried to reproduce the issue this morning and it did not come back, so must have been a glitch in the system.
Good one. Also worth power cycling the HPWC if the issue it returns, to rule it out.

Good one. Also worth power cycling the HPWC if the issue it returns, to rule it out.
My HPWC in the garage actually power cycles every day as its connected to controlled load, It is off for around 4-6 hours every day. I use the Tesla travel charger from solar when I charge during sun up and controlled load based HPWC when charging overnight. So when the green light is off on HPWC, I know it has no power and I dont even try to use it, however this was the first time the HPWC had power just car needed a drivers door wakeup to acknowledge it.

Plenty of features are also undocumented
I have an undocumented feature, I would really like to disable. It is called spell checker on navigation destinations. I tell the car "Navigate to Robina community center", the car writes on screen "Navigate to robina community center", then you can see it replacing the words on the screen trying to figure out what it wants it to be and after about 4-5 different words there it comes up with "Navigate to Ravenna community center" and then tries to search it on map and says not route found. If it would only search what I said originally and it wrote on the screen before spell checking, it would find it. Its like it thinks I'm in Italy???

I have an undocumented feature, I would really like to disable. It is called spell checker on navigation destinations. I tell the car "Navigate to Robina community center", the car writes on screen "Navigate to robina community center", then you can see it replacing the words on the screen trying to figure out what it wants it to be and after about 4-5 different words there it comes up with "Navigate to Ravenna community center" and then tries to search it on map and says not route found. If it would only search what I said originally and it wrote on the screen before spell checking, it would find it. Its like it thinks I'm in Italy???
You mean the surprise dial feature?? Tesla introduced this to reconnect with old friends who you frequently (and deliberately) avoided. It’s a great way to catch up.

So, my car is offering me 2022.20.8 for installation. Now could any of you great people here who have already taken the plunge into this new software version with plenty of undocumented features shed some light on its stability and surprises from said undocumented features? Or could this be one of those version upgrades that is mostly stable and hides the newly introduced undocumented features rather well?

So, my car is offering me 2022.20.8 for installation. Now could any of you great people here who have already taken the plunge into this new software version with plenty of undocumented features shed some light on its stability and surprises from said undocumented features? Or could this be one of those version upgrades that is mostly stable and hides the newly introduced undocumented features rather well?
No apparent difference from 2022.20.7 as far as I could tell.

I have 2022.20.8 and things look unchanged.
In the notes, it is worth noting that speed sign decoding is still explicitly stated as NOT available for Australia (I think specifically on highways).
One thing I noticed in 2022.20.7 is that the car used to detect "50 ahead" signs as 50 whereas now it waits for the actual 50 sign. This could be the geocoding or sign recognition- no idea which; but it has definitely changed for my car.

Strange- I've had that since I purchased the car last September! I assume you are talking about heavy traffic showing as a thin red line? Because it is thin you can also see which side of the road.
Hmmm maybe it was and I missed it. Was looking for it but maybe didn't pay much attention. I did often wonder when I hit a traffic jam why they were not showing it as I assumed they use google maps. Of well ignore my observation then