Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 20220820_163141.jpg
    20220820_163141.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: Miku
... I have started double tapping the stalk down by default to get it to "D", as it ignores the first time always for me. Just one of those quirks you get used to.
I thought it was a quirk too, but finally worked it out after putting up with intermittent double tapping for "D" for two years. It wont go in to "D" after pressing the brake pedal until the warning icons on the instrument cluster have cleared, allowing the car to start. They were never in my scan.

Previously when I had been in a hurry I often needed to double press for "D", not knowing while it had failed. By the time second press occurs the warning icons have cleared. For those of you using easy entry, this will take longer and you wont see this issue. Once the car has been in "D" recently and temporarily put into "P" the cluster self test at brake pedal does not occur, so first down press achieves "D". I had not noticed this subtlety & thought it was just being quirky. Now I press the brake pedal and glance at the warning cluster, waiting for it to clear first, before down tapping & it goes in to "D" first time every time. I am sure everyone else knew this. I am just a slow learner!

Here is a quick clip showing; first attempt where I wait for cluster to clear & it goes straight in to "D". Second attempt I just press the brake pedal and immediately down stalk too early, requiring a second tap to get it in to "D". Stalk press can be heard in soundtrack.

Today, we sat behind a Sydney bus for 5km. Sad to say, our 3LR on 2022.20.8, kept detecting the 40 sign ("40 if lights flashing") as 40 even though the zones were 50 and 60. If we backed off 100metres or so and the system detected 50/60, upon closing on the bus it would go back to 40. So that seems to have gone backwards as I have not seen that fault for quite a few revisions.

Hey I saw on the weekend that the green regen bar on the screen had a grey end to it (only at high regen though, when slowing down while going down a hill). Is that possibly representing the new behaviour where it adds friction braking? I hadn't noticed that setting, so had no idea about it until I opened this thread.

I'm on 2022.20.7.

Hey I saw on the weekend that the green regen bar on the screen had a grey end to it (only at high regen though, when slowing down while going down a hill). Is that possibly representing the new behaviour where it adds friction braking? I hadn't noticed that setting, so had no idea about it until I opened this thread.

I'm on 2022.20.7.

That is correct. It now shows the friction braking .. if it is the car applying it.

Reactions: bay74
New one for me today, cameras worked ok in the morning. I parked for 5 mins and came back to blank cameras. Not liking the latest update. Soft reset and power off didn't fix it

Attachments

• 20220824_084809.jpg
    20220824_084809.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 20220824_084827.jpg
    20220824_084827.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 52
New one for me today, cameras worked ok in the morning. I parked for 5 mins and came back to blank cameras. Not liking the latest update. Soft reset and power off didn't fix it
I have had this issue a few updates ago. Software reset from buttons does not fix it, but letting the car go to sleep and then resetting it does appear to fix this. Need to make sure that car does not have sentry on for it to go to sleep. Or use the screen to shut down car, then wait 15 minutes before touching brakes to wake it. Make sure your phone app does not wake it while its shut down.

I have had this issue a few updates ago. Software reset from buttons does not fix it, but letting the car go to sleep and then resetting it does appear to fix this. Need to make sure that car does not have sentry on for it to go to sleep. Or use the screen to shut down car, then wait 15 minutes before touching brakes to wake it. Make sure your phone app does not wake it while its shut down.
I've tried these fixes multiple times with no luck. The final thing to try is a factory reset but I'm hesitant... I'm so tempted to try unplugging the 12v to see if that does anything

I raised a service with Tesla as this affects my safety, will see what they say

I've tried these fixes multiple times with no luck. The final thing to try is a factory reset but I'm hesitant... I'm so tempted to try unplugging the 12v to see if that does anything

I raised a service with Tesla as this affects my safety, will see what they say
Try the hard reset rather than factory reset. It will fix it and Tesla won't suggest it.

Try the hard reset rather than factory reset. It will fix it and Tesla won't suggest it.

Cheers. The instructions weren't for 2022 models but similar enough. Not all of it is needed either, just the plug under the rear seat not the 12v. Booted itself after 5 minutes, sounded like it was gonna explode, but cameras are back lol

Reactions: OzVic and Miku
Just got 2022.24.6 today, after 25 days on 2022.20.8. Documented changes included the ability to move the repeater cameras and driver profile updates.

Undocumented changes identified include displaying the recommended psi on the tyre pressure page (and the ability to view it has been added to the mobile app), and the ability to uninstall games.
Did you notice any changes to TACC?