Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MS updated to 24.6 two days ago, then less than 24 hours later 24.8 came in.
I didn’t get a chance to drive either as yet.
The shortest ever interval between updates that I can recall.

Must have been a serious bug.

Same with our X....interestingly through as the X was going from 24.6 to 24.8 then the 3 decided to offer 24.6....so if it was a serious bug you think they would have pulled 24.6 from any cars that hadn't already installed it....

I upgraded to 24.6 on my MS between drives yesterday, paying specific attention to TACC performance on distance setting 1, staying behind traffic to see if I could detect any difference in behaviour. I could not.

Are we sure they are no longer using radar in this version?
The giveaway is when you update to 2022.24.x, it'll include the Tesla vision in the release notes under 2022.20
IMG_2565.jpeg

Reactions: JohnBNE
Well...drive the 3 for the first time this week and car updated to 24.6 between drives...I have Tesla Vision and I can say that overall I am quite impressed...car was very confident in the lane and even moved slightly left or right when passing a large vechicle (first time it's ever done this)....god knows why but it's seems really quite good....

Reactions: NoTimeToLose
As detailed by ARMARM above, you have to go into the past release notes for 2022.20 to see that vision is enabled.
Thanks I can see that now I have gone back in and looked at the long list rather than what shows up after installation. So my 3 does have the Tesla vision (bummer) the Y already had it as doesn’t have a radar anyway of course. Interestingly thought the traffic visualisation does only show up on the 3 but not the Y.

I upgraded to 24.6 on my MS between drives yesterday, paying specific attention to TACC performance on distance setting 1, staying behind traffic to see if I could detect any difference in behaviour. I could not.

Are we sure they are no longer using radar in this version?
The MS seems to be completely different to the M3 and MY in that regard.
The M3 and MY on vision have a longer minimum follow distance and force auto high beams on.

For some reason the MS is spared the pain.

Unlike many other around here, I have quite liked the auto high beam feature. It has worked well for me in my mostly rural driving. I have always had it active, so I have continuously monitored and been happy enough with its performance. But since updating to 2022.24.6 it has performed markedly worse, for no obvious reason. Main issue is it no longer deactivates high beam, until much too late for about half of the oncoming cars I encounter. I wonder if the sensitivity was tweaked for detecting light in front, when they tied its activation to autosteer being active?

Unlike many other around here, I have quite liked the auto high beam feature. It has worked well for me in my mostly rural driving. I have always had it active, so I have continuously monitored and been happy enough with its performance. But since updating to 2022.24.6 it has performed markedly worse, for no obvious reason. Main issue is it no longer deactivates high beam, until much too late for about half of the oncoming cars I encounter. I wonder if the sensitivity was tweaked for detecting light in front, when they tied its activation to autosteer being active?
In case you haven't seen it, this video covers exactly what you're describing.

Reactions: positiv
When to turn off high beams for oncoming vehicles is a highly personal choice I find. Much like with the rest of my driving, I constantly try to be aware of how my driving behaviour impacts on others. I'm not a religious person, but "don't do unto others..." ranks *very* highly with me.

This is why I rarely have highbeams on, rural or not, when I can see a pair of headlights coming my way. Unless of course they are inconsiderately blinding me, I instantly revert to do unto others... like I said, not religious, no need to offer the other cheek.

Things I regularly do:
- When coming over a hill, and I can see the faint glow of someone on the other side shining their brights over the hill, I turn my high beams off preemptively BEFORE they can see me.
- Likewise, when I see tiny little lights above a slight hill paired with glow of oncoming headlights, I know it's probably a truck, they sit much higher, so will be blinded by my highbeams probably at the point when I can see their roof lights. I turn my high beams off in that case even earlier.

I try to be a good citizen. Auto highbeams is a total dick that way.

Installed 24.8 this morning
Coming to a stop sign and slightly going over the line, car sounded an alert
Strange… could not reproduce
Like the new blind spot location and new map appearance welcomed
I did notice that passenger seat warmers stay on even after passenger leaves car. Could have sworn it used to auto turn off. Ahh well

Installed 24.8 this morning
Coming to a stop sign and slightly going over the line, car sounded an alert
Strange… could not reproduce
Like the new blind spot location and new map appearance welcomed
I did notice that passenger seat warmers stay on even after passenger leaves car. Could have sworn it used to auto turn off. Ahh well
Model S, I’ve always used the seat heaters to keep takeaway warm on the way home. Definately stayed on.

Took 24.8 for a spin today. I can't view any older release notes, but these latest ones don't say anything about Tesla Vision being used now. But I no longer can select a follow distance of 1 - I'm assuming that means Tesla Vision is being used. All the radar data is still on the CAN bus, glad to see they didn't remove that.

The car autosteers markedly better than before when the lane widens (it used to chase either lane edge, ping pong-ing back and forth) and I had two incidents of other cars cutting me off and one merge with lots of traffic, the car handled all of it very gracefully and with smooth decelerations. A definite improvement thus far. Doing 1000km on Monday, we'll see what the verdict is after that.

Disappointingly, it still thinks the lane open indicators are traffic lights on the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

Reactions: Maximillan