Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The app update seems to have more stuff worth mentioning
Can view last measured tyre pressure and option to unlock car (start) giving one 2min get in and drive

Attachments

• 4948C834-15B0-4F02-90ED-15C8B30068EF.jpeg
    4948C834-15B0-4F02-90ED-15C8B30068EF.jpeg
    328.2 KB · Views: 64
I also got 2022.28.1, and looks I'm one the lucky ones with alternate routes (it shows up in the release notes)
I don't have premium connectivity.

It certainly looks pretty cool! Not sure why this feature is selectively rolled out...

Yes. It looks like this on 28.1 when you first select the destination
......you are one of the lucky ones for whom it is enabled. According to the notes, it might get enabled on other cars (>=28.1) without doing a software update. But no indication when. Perhaps soon if the feedback is favourable on the new feature (which has been available on my Renault Zoe ZE40 for over 4 years....)

So, after 28.1 install, drove into Brisbane and back last night from Narangba (about 30km each way)
Tried out Autopilot on both trips. Lane holding is still the same, sticks steadfastly to centre of lane, and round sweeping corners there is still continuous back and forth with the wheel. It simply doesn’t pick the line through the corner an hold it, it continuously adjusts.
The auto headlights work perfectly, much better than my recent BMW. When I engaged AP, the icon came up, but the lights stayed on low due to oncoming traffic, and only flipped to high when the road was clear.
They dropped again when cars appeared ahead, whether going in the same or opposing directions, and also when road signs reflected the high beams enough to be glaring.
TL;Dr
Auto steer no better with TeslaVision
Auto High beams are great, I don’t know what the complaints are about.

Reactions: lazjen
strange. They dipped perfectly every time for me,
the Issue is that they don’t dip. Especially on a four lane highway. If the oncoming car is separated by a wire divider the Tesla seems to ignore them and blasts them with high beam.

the other issue is they dip far too late.

Strange, nothing like that for me.
As I said "They dropped again when cars appeared ahead, whether going in the same or opposing directions, and also when road signs reflected the high beams enough to be glaring." That was on the Gateway Motorway and on Bruce Highway. They would even dip a little earlier than I would have...

Reactions: 1001
strange. They dipped perfectly every time for me,

Strange, nothing like that for me.
As I said "They dropped again when cars appeared ahead, whether going in the same or opposing directions, and also when road signs reflected the high beams enough to be glaring." That was on the Gateway Motorway and on Bruce Highway. They would even dip a little earlier than I would have...
Thanks for sharing, what software version are you running?

Thing is, I’ve never had an issue with them. Worked perfectly since I have had the car
Mine have worked perfectly too. Until last week when I updated to 2022.24.6. It was only on my car for 6 days before it updated to 2022.28.1. So hopefully mine are fixed now. Perhaps your car never saw #24.6 or your car updated before u had a chance to test that build? The headlight issues with it were well documented.

Mine have worked perfectly too. Until last week when I updated to 2022.24.6. It was only on my car for 6 days before it updated to 2022.28.1. So hopefully mine are fixed now. Perhaps your car never saw #24.6 or your car updated before u had a chance to test that build? The headlight issues with it were well documented.
Mine has had every update as soon as they come out. Although I was in Bali from 04/09 to 14/09, so I never drove it on 24.6.

Reactions: Flatbat