Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Suspect like a recent update it still checks but is reporting last update time or something.
The symptoms are different - when that previous issue with the display occurred, you'd still see the delay as it said it was checking for an update, then the old date/time would appear. Now it shows the previous date/time immediately, with no delay or message that it's checking.

It also was at precisely 24 hours when it could successfully check again.

The symptoms are different - when that previous issue with the display occurred, you'd still see the delay as it said it was checking for an update, then the old date/time would appear. Now it shows the previous date/time immediately, with no delay or message that it's checking.

It also was at precisely 24 hours when it could successfully check again.
I wonder if their servers finally got overloaded with the people continuously tapping it to see if they have updates, so they are throttling the cars connection to single try a day?

Reactions: ARMARM
2022.36.2 just arrived. I am a little perplexed at the “enhancement” that allows me to access the audio controls of the car remotely from the app. What is the use case that got the development of this feature approved? I joked that I could pause the podcast my wife was listening to before I called her. Won’t repeat her answer. But seriously am I missing a use for this feature?

edited to add: seeing on the app an arrival time to a destination is pretty cool

Last edited:
2022.36.2 just arrived. I am a little perplexed at the “enhancement” that allows me to access the audio controls of the car remotely from the app. What is the use case that got the development of this feature approved? I joked that I could pause the podcast my wife was listening to before I called her. Won’t repeat her answer. But seriously am I missing a use for this feature?

edited to add: seeing on the app an arrival time to a destination is pretty cool
Where is this in the app? I’m on 36.2, but can’t see it.

It is great for the passenger on a trip. Much easier to use your mobile than try and hit a button on the car screen while the car is bouncing around (Model 3 ride is pretty bad on our roads) - the passenger volume slider is hopeless and too small.

If you have Spotify then you control the car’s playback completely from the Spotify App like you do at home using Spotify Connect. Works great since the Tesla shows as a Spotify Connect speaker.

Reactions: bay74
It is great for the passenger on a trip. Much easier to use your mobile than try and hit a button on the car screen while the car is bouncing around (Model 3 ride is pretty bad on our roads) - the passenger volume slider is hopeless and too small.

If you have Spotify then you control the car’s playback completely from the Spotify App like you do at home using Spotify Connect. Works great since the Tesla shows as a Spotify Connect speaker.
Ah ok, does assume that passengers have the app. But this makes more sense

I have a very tight garage and rely on the USSs a huge amount and I need to go down to about 20cm closeness (mainly front and left side) to safely get in and out. The Tesla display is better than other cars I have owned in that it has the actual distance as opposed to just urgent beeps and rate of beeping. There are also obstacles low down that won't be seen (according to his calculations in this video). So I am really NOT looking forward to this next move. Given they probably won't retrospectively roll out 5MP cameras, hopefully they will leave the USSs intact and operational. However, what they did ditching radar does not fill me with confidence.

Overall, like many on this thread, I am totally underwhelmed by TeslaVision, though clearly the cheap and low resolution and low sensitivity cameras are a major part of the issues.

A good analysis of the cost savings AND risk associated with moving to Tesla Vision

I noticed that it mentions that Tesla is moving from 1.2MP cameras to 5MP cameras, however if they push the Vision based software on older cars with lower resolution cameras, that is where the problem comes in as those cameras are rather useless in low light conditions. Also I remember that the camera change was mentioned in the news as details of the camera order and no confirmation from Tesla if those cameras will go into CyberTruck, Semi or all existing or which new models get them and from when those would start getting delivered/used either.
I also use the USS distance numbers rather accurately as my garage door has about 10cm on both sides when I back into garage every day and I end up parking the car with the left back end being 10-15cm off side wall and 30cm from back wall, in the dark backing in there the sensors are priceless, I would hate to have to do without them.

I noticed that it mentions that Tesla is moving from 1.2MP cameras to 5MP cameras, however if they push the Vision based software on older cars with lower resolution cameras, that is where the problem comes in as those cameras are rather useless in low light conditions. Also I remember that the camera change was mentioned in the news as details of the camera order and no confirmation from Tesla if those cameras will go into CyberTruck, Semi or all existing or which new models get them and from when those would start getting delivered/used either.
I also use the USS distance numbers rather accurately as my garage door has about 10cm on both sides when I back into garage every day and I end up parking the car with the left back end being 10-15cm off side wall and 30cm from back wall, in the dark backing in there the sensors are priceless, I would hate to have to do without them.
adding a movement sensor to the garage is fantastic. Lights only on when required and when its dark. I dont even have a switch on the wall.

upgrading cameras should be reasonably cheap as long as they are compatible with the old wireing.