Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The current auto wipers are broken. I get them activating all the time in dry conditions trying desperately to scratch my windscreen. And yet in the current storm/flooding they are just not going fast enough and I have to manually set them faster.
This is strange. As mentioned, I've found my wipers great (with the caveat of little night time + rain driving). So different owners have very different experiences of the auto wipers. I've never had a "dry wipe" and even in torrential downpours have been impressed.

Reactions: Novatec
I so agree with this specially on the front fog lights. I got my SR+ delivered in September 2019 and from that batch some had front fog lights working and some did not. Mine did not, even though you can see the lights are there and not the black inserts that they replaced them with on later batches. So I took it to service center and asked if they could get them working and they told me out right that my car does not have the wiring or controller behind those lights so cannot enable. I believed that until last Christmas the light show software update came out, and imagine my surprise when the light show was able to light up 3 different sections in those fog lights that do not supposedly have wiring or controller behind them...
So they just removed the button in UI for my car to stop me from using them, but the hardware is there and some of their software is fully capable of using the fog lights.
yep .. so tesla SC told you straight out lies.. hate to think which one and by who.. it is rediculous.. if i were you i'd be telling Mr. Musk about it.. perhaps to persuade him not to take ppl for fools..

I really hate it when someone gets a software update and I am waiting days or weeks, it makes me feel inadequate and not at all special.

But I am one of those guys now - downloading 2022.40.1 right now

It's probably just a few bug fixes as no release notes yet
I am so with you on that feeling. Every now and then I have held off for a week or two before installing as there have been bad reports about some of the updates, however I am still on 2022.28.2 and it seems a rather buggy one as it has issues connecting to wifi, every now and then also issues with LTE and says no route found when navigating. Restarting usually fixes it for a day but overall I cannot wait to update away from this version as it does seem like a more troublesome one...

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
40.1 installed just now also. Drumroll... Radio station logos! Man, I've been waiting for this feature since day one! I'm so chuffed!

Also, they fixed the summon key behaviour and it now stops again when pressing the boot/bonnet key button while it's moving in that direction. For a while it would only stop when I pressed the rooftop button.

• Funny
Reactions: Hairyman and moa999
From a post on Whirlpool, a few other things (might be market specific)

The charging efficiency would be useful in Aus for some of the slower DC chargers (eg. Jolts 25kW)

Sentry Mode and Dog Mode
Your vehicle and pets can be kept safe by activating Dog Mode and Sentry Mode at the same time.
Sentry Mode alarms are silenced if Dog Mode and Sentry Mode are both enabled. Mobile app
notifications will still be sent and video footage will still be saved.)
-
Improved Charging Efficiency
During DC fast charging, the thermal system controls have been optimized for each charging station's
power capability, improving both charging and on-route battery preconditioning efficiency.
This results in faster charge times and reduced energy costs.
-
Radio Station Logos
The Media Player now displays radio station logos for improved discoverability when searching
for favorite stations.
-
Driver Door Unlock Mode
When Driver Door Unlock Mode is enabled, long pressing the interior driver door switch will unlock
all doors and the trunk. To access Driver Door Unlock Mode, tap Controls > Lack > Driver Door Unlock Mode.
-
Tire Configuration
Reset the learned tire settings directly after a tire rotation, swap, or replacement for an improved
driving experience. To reset, tap Controls > Service > Wheel & Tire Configuration > Tires.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
Me still on 22.8 and waiting ….
I feel ignored and forgotten

40.1 installed just now also. Drumroll... Radio station logos! Man, I've been waiting for this feature since day one! I'm so chuffed!

Also, they fixed the summon key behaviour and it now stops again when pressing the boot/bonnet key button while it's moving in that direction. For a while it would only stop when I pressed the rooftop button.

Attachments

• 0FC22B56-F1A3-4DA1-93B1-ED1B63762432.jpeg
    0FC22B56-F1A3-4DA1-93B1-ED1B63762432.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 69
I have this feeling that whenever autopilot and FSD beta on highways gets pretty average, something new is about to come out. In all honesty, well else can really be added, surely FSD in Australia will be released soon.....