Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Instead of using the scroll wheel you can either touch (and briefly hold) the speed sign on the touch screen or hold the drive stalk down for a short while.
This will set the cruise speed to the detected speed limit.
I find the scrolling method to be quicker.
But the auto detection was way better. If it speed reduced automatically on entry into a town it would also increase speed again automatically, when exiting the zone (Think passing through a 1 horse town in the country). The odd thing was that if you activated Autosteer in a towns 60 zone it would not auto increase leaving town at the 100 sign. You would need to spin or tap the 100. Needed to reduce speed in autosteer first.

Has anyone else had difficult with autopilot nag behavior? I’ve not ever been locked out of AP (other than testing to see what happened when new.) However, since updating to 2022.36.5 I don’t get a warning anymore, it just kicks me out with the blue screen all at once. It’s happened 3 times in a week on my work commute in the middle of the freeway.

Agree

Thinking about it, that is the behaviour I am seeing as well
Yep Same here. Just did 200km rural city on 2022.36.5 and mine is still working as it always has. Auto downgrade/upgrades speed on single lane. Only auto upgrades in autosteer after having already downgraded.

@Leeroy Has anyone else had difficult with autopilot nag behavior?

Mine Nagging is per normal. "Apply turn pressure to steering wheel" prompt in black down the bottom of screen. Followed by flashing blue screen before disconnecting.

Reactions: Leeroy and Hairyman
Mine Nagging is per normal. "Apply turn pressure to steering wheel" prompt in black down the bottom of screen. Followed by flashing blue screen before disconnecting.
The nag on mine has changed in the last 6 months or so. It used to always just start out with the blue flash on screen, then evolve into audible beeps. Well a few months ago some of the updates started changing it so it skipped the blue flashing and went sometimes straight to audible nag, that really annoyed as before that I barely ever let it get to audible nag, and even then it was because wiggling the steering was not detected, so had to turn it hard enought to cancel auto steer and then re-apply it. So this behavior got really annoying fast and it still appears to randomly do that but with current version it mostly still does the blue flashing first so not really an issue for me.

I find there are now 2 types of AP nags, the one we are used to which is the move-the-wheel one, and a new one that detects when your eyes are not on the road, which has a slightly different warning, and doesn't seem to be cancelable with pressure on the steering wheel. Maybe that is the one that is putting you in the "sin bin"?

I am actually getting more or less the same nags as I always have. Sometimes it happens and yet other times I don't get any at all.
Even yesterday I did a trip for about 100km on AP and was lucky to get one nag.
Can't work out why this happens but the less the better.
My thinking is Tesla have slightly different parameters in their software that they roll out for testing and we are non the wiser. Pure speculation but might explain the massive difference in experiences?

I find there are now 2 types of AP nags, the one we are used to which is the move-the-wheel one, and a new one that detects when your eyes are not on the road, which has a slightly different warning, and doesn't seem to be cancelable with pressure on the steering wheel. Maybe that is the one that is putting you in the "sin bin"?
That is not my experience, as both types go away for me currently on the first steering wheel wiggle and both come up when I am very attentively paying attention to road ahead. Also the one that goes straight to audible one seems to trigger way more often if there are roadworks nearby, so I wonder if it does that when the lines on road change. Though it does not happen all the time there, so possibly some random variant in the code.

That is not my experience, as both types go away for me currently on the first steering wheel wiggle and both come up when I am very attentively paying attention to road ahead. Also the one that goes straight to audible one seems to trigger way more often if there are roadworks nearby, so I wonder if it does that when the lines on road change. Though it does not happen all the time there, so possibly some random variant in the code.
Agreed the "paying attention" nag is not very good, it will ping me if I'm looking at the screen to see what speed is set!
Feel like I am back at school as I have to sit up straight and face the front.
Hadn't considered roadworks, you may be right there.

Interesting. I’ve had the camera covered since the day I picked it up! If not expect it to behave the way it is as a result of the camera, but maybe I’ll undo that and see what happens….

• Informative
Reactions: Flatbat
I am actually getting more or less the same nags as I always have. Sometimes it happens and yet other times I don't get any at all.
Even yesterday I did a trip for about 100km on AP and was lucky to get one nag.
Can't work out why this happens but the less the better.
My thinking is Tesla have slightly different parameters in their software that they roll out for testing and we are non the wiser. Pure speculation but might explain the massive difference in experiences?
Any correlation to how much talking is going in the car, either to other passengers or on the phone?

Attachments

• Update.jpg
    Update.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 66