Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They were already listed on my 36.6 update.

Not had time yet to check if JOLT charging is improved (no battery heating should occur).
Really? I cannot any of 40.4 shown in my 36.x update.

Attachments

• 2022.40.4 Update.jpg
    2022.40.4 Update.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 81
They were already listed on my 36.6 update.
I just got 36.6 today and they are not listed or installed for me.

This update to 36.6 has killed my walk away door lock too. Was just into my second beer at the boozer when I noticed the phone app telling me the car was parked down the street and unlocked o_O. Came home, rebooted the car and walk away unlock it is still refusing to work. I guess the next step is to let it go to sleep & see if it works tomorrow.

just bug fixes as far as I can tell.
Well, the bug fixes and the stuff they list on the notes is all fine, Its the undocumented and often unexpected functionality changes that we try to find out about before accepting the update... If the listed on change notes that they break your music or network connection or double the sensitivity for line departure alerting, that would be so much more helpful when deciding weather to hold off on the specific update or if those issues don't really bother me or if they are a deal breakers and need to hold off until next update.

Check all the doors. Won't autolock if one is slightly ajar.
Good point but they were definitely all closed. As I had hoped, it has fixed itself after car got a good nights sleep after the firmware update. WA lock working properly again now.

Just got 36.6 and Sentry Mode now on at home. Will try another reboot

If reboot fails to fix it, let sleep for a bit and see if that rejiggs things. Obviously sentry must be off or it wont sleep.

Reactions: evpaddie
So I did a charge this morning and i'm on 2022.40.4
I got a nice little popup saying did I want to play arcade games while I wait. I thought that was a nice touch.

So Powerwall question,
i'm on 22.18.3 but I saw in the release notes that 22.26 it out, is anyone on it?

i'd be interested to see if the note about Time-Based Control based off irradiance data from satellites to forecast applies to Australia as well

Just got 36.6 and Sentry Mode now on at home. Will try another reboot
I have had that a few times with previous updates, it appears random, but when the car reboots in the garage it forgets that its location is excluded from sentry and walk away door lock. For me what fixes it, is to take a drive around the block and when I arrive back in the garage it tends to remember that this is home and no door lock or sentry required.

Reactions: evpaddie
So I did a charge this morning and i'm on 2022.40.4
I got a nice little popup saying did I want to play arcade games while I wait. I thought that was a nice touch.

So Powerwall question,
i'm on 22.18.3 but I saw in the release notes that 22.26 it out, is anyone on it?

i'd be interested to see if the note about Time-Based Control based off irradiance data from satellites to forecast applies to Australia as well
I have 22.26.2 and cannot see any reference to satelites within the app. Stormwatch is still based on weather reports.

Last edited:
Under lane departure avoidance I used to have it set on warning instead of assist and this made the wheel shake to warn me if in the other lane
Doesn’t do that anymore since 22.35
It gives an audible warning now
Has anyone else found the same?

The radio station logo & media improvements in 40.4 are nice. While eye candy of logos is good - the main improvement for me is being able to see 21 stations displayed at once. Used to drive me nuts the single column text list, that scrolled on forever!

1667607197144.png

Any one worked out if anything discerns a DAB station on this screen grid (apart from the title in the active area once a station is selected). Some of them seem to use the decimal point for DAB version. 104.3 = dab 1043 not. But it varies. Anyhow my preference would be to hide the DAB stations, as unless you stay in a small area I find them continually dropping out. Will likely use radio more now this screen has arrived.

I just got 2022.40.4, and now my wheels in the app have changed… and I can’t find a way to change them back. They are still uberturbines in the in-car wheel and tyre configuration…

Attachments

• D328AEFC-CCE6-408E-BA5A-4352B02A2E58.jpeg
    D328AEFC-CCE6-408E-BA5A-4352B02A2E58.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 43
Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance keeps turning itself on.

Am I right in assuming that this setting keeps turning itself on for every trip or is just if you use TACC? I never use full auto pilot, I like doing my own steering. We are fed up with the screaming banshee, high decibel, multi second blast every time we graze a white line avoiding potholes on our local country roads. As you can see from the photo my Lane Departure Avoidance is off and stays off but the ELDA keeps turing itself on.
02D52E13-E651-4D8C-814A-F73C09D7F146.jpeg

These warnings were never there before the last series of updates. My ears are suffering.

Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance keeps turning itself on.

Am I right in assuming that this setting keeps turning itself on for every trip or is just if you use TACC? I never use full auto pilot, I like doing my own steering. We are fed up with the screaming banshee, high decibel, multi second blast every time we graze a white line avoiding potholes on our local country roads. As you can see from the photo my Lane Departure Avoidance is off and stays off but the ELDA keeps turing itself on.
View attachment 872310
These warnings were never there before the last series of updates. My ears are suffering.
I have noticed it being way more aggressive on the alerting also lately and it is really distracting and annoying when driving. The worse part is if you indicate and plan to go over a line, it still triggers even though you are fully intentionally going over it and even indicating that you are going that way.

Reactions: Vostok
Look like map version AU2022.36 is going out in big numbers today.
Clocked at approx 1GB on my mobile.

Fixed a couple of speed downgrades from 50 to 40 in inner Sydney that had been operated on OpenMaps about 6 months ago.

Still not got 2022.40.4 which from a Whirlpool post is 2.4GB.