Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
oh, yeah, welcome to the club. Mine's been doing that since day one. Joe mode doesn't really seem to make much of a volume difference, and LKA is about as useful as a hole in the head.

The one time I needed it to work (the details of which we shall never speak of), it didn't work. The hundreds of times it activated while I was avoiding potholes, roadkill, cars, motorbikes, meteorites, falling trees, branches, ladders, tyre shrapnel, clowns, koalas, cows, cyclists, preachers, parachutists, bottles, brumbies, just to name a few, it interfered with my steering and made a lot of noise. Admittedly though, less noise than I would have made had I hit any of those things.

And why on gods green earth we are not able to set the gap distance to the car in front of us at a traffic light to a distance that is actually reflective of driver behaviour and not a theoretical driving school car length, discouraging morons from "filling" the gap (my gap!), I will never understand. 3m is plenty.

Same here. Joe mode permanently on and lane departure turned off and it still blares those lane departure alarms at way too loud volume for way too long and at times where lane departure is intentional and expected (as the car should know as I am indicating at that time in the direction I am departing the lane)
You can turn off the audible warning. You need to do it every drive, i.e. every time you return to park it is reset. The 'emergency lane departure avoidance' option in the autopilot menu. Note that there are two lane departure avoidance options here. The important one here to turn if fully off is the emergency one.

• Informative
Reactions: Maximillan
Anybody recently updated to 2022.40.1? I just submitted a service call

Customer states: Window Function - Drivers window got stuck open after the latest 2022.40.4.1 update. Recalibration of the window now allows it to go up but the down button intermittently operates and the window does not go down

Has anyone experienced issues with app not turning on climate or/and seat warmers reliably every time?
It used to before the last lot of updates but now not so reliable
Service centre can’t find anything
I've had a few, and in my case it's been due to a lag in the app not showing that the command has been received. My method in the app is:

1. Turn on climate.
  2. WAIT until climate shows as being on in the app.
  3. Turn on steering wheel warmer.
  4. WAIT until it shows as on.
  5. Turn on seat warmer.

I've had a few, and in my case it's been due to a lag in the app not showing that the command has been received. My method in the app is:

1. Turn on climate.
  2. WAIT until climate shows as being on in the app.
  3. Turn on steering wheel warmer.
  4. WAIT until it shows as on.
  5. Turn on seat warmer.
thanks heaps, that seems to do the trick. I wonder why the service person could not just say that
40.4,1 trying to download, if only connection to wifi would be reliable.

Reactions: Maximillan
Anybody recently updated to 2022.40.1? I just submitted a service call

Customer states: Window Function - Drivers window got stuck open after the latest 2022.40.4.1 update. Recalibration of the window now allows it to go up but the down button intermittently operates and the window does not go down
I’ve had 40.4.1 on one of my model s for maybe a couple of weeks. No window issues, however I have had to do window calibrations a lot about a year or so ago

Last edited:
40.4.1 installed
Radio logos and unlock mode available
Logos are a welcomed feature
I don’t follow the unlock mode all doors and boot feature
Long press the button doesn’t appear to do anything different than before if the new option is off or on
Maybe I am missing something here

Reading the help info again, maybe it only works when having the other option on that just unlocks driver door
Have never used it and all doors always unlock when in park

40.4.1 installed
Radio logos and unlock mode available
Logos are a welcomed feature
I don’t follow the unlock mode all doors and boot feature
Long press the button doesn’t appear to do anything different than before if the new option is off or on
Maybe I am missing something here

All good…
I can see what it does now. My daughter went to open door and could not unless driver unlocks it. Nice safety feature to have maybe in situations where driver wants to control when doors unlock

Reading the help info again, maybe it only works when having the other option on that just unlocks driver door
Have never used it and all doors always unlock when in park

All good…
I can see what it does now. My daughter went to open door and could not unless driver unlocks it. Nice safety feature to have maybe in situations where driver wants to control when doors unlock

Yes, walking back to car only unlocks the driver door when in range .. which could be a good safety feature to stop someone else jumping in another door or from opening the boot.

Reactions: Hairyman
Haven't seen this happen before: I was away for a few days and the App showed 40.4.1 was downloading, but it got stuck at 1% download and never moved past that for over 24h. Then the update disappeared. The internet connection was fine though.

Discovering new failure modes. One bork at a time.

I had 40.4 stuck for a couple of days on 28%. Was really slow on mobile hotspot initially.

Two-button reset and it dropped to 0% then downloaded the update in one go.
Parked and let it install
And then in the afternoon checked software and got an update to 40.4.1