Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had auto park on a few cars and rarely used it. When I did it scratched wheels. I don't see myself upgrading anymore to enhanced autopilot after this trial run. The only thing I would use is summon and even than I'm not too sure. I didn't mind the extra couple of features on the highway but really, if I still have to move the steering wheel so it can change lanes, I don't see the point.

Found a very careless safety bug in 44.25.2 model S last night. The driver is no longer alerted when the front seat passenger seatbelt is undone whilst driving. I have not tried the rear seats.
Alternatively I have a broken seat sensor.
My front seat passenger needs to get out first before I can park my 2014 Model S in my small inner city parking space, that is located against a block wall on the LHS. It still bings at me if I leave it in drive whilst he gets out so it may be the seat sensor or something else on your car.
Edit: Just checked my software version is 2022.8.10.8

Drove to Melbourne and back last week on 2022.44.25.3, very annoying (new) overtaking behaviour doing sudden slowdowns rather than passing the traffic. Seemed to always happen when overtaking slowly, i.e. 2-3 km/h speed difference, and always seems to trigger when entering the car being passed's blind spot. I also noticed the car now doesn't like to sit in car ahead's blind spot (e.g. when in left lane, car in right lane going same speed, my car will drop back outside blind spot).

I'm willing to suspect they finally implemented what I've been doing manually for decades, to avoid sitting in anyone's blind spot, ever. The implementation needs a bit of jazzing up though when passing is involved...

I’ve turned off the auto lane change detecting blinkers because I found them too unreliable. They also don’t understand leaving roundabouts, staying on erroneously, and trying to manually cancel by indicating again in the same direction didn’t cancel anymore if there was a left turn in the vicinity. Anyway, I found it more hassle than it’s worth and have gone back to having three blinks only. Still prefer the indicators in my VW (they are self-cancelling and the stalk remains in place while indicating, unlike the Tesla’s cheap-feeling stalk).

Also not sure what enhanced AP is supposed to do. Thought I could finally change lanes on a freeway without dropping out of AP but putting on indicator did nothing, so I started to turn the wheel, which promptly dropped me out of AP. So… what’s it supposed to do?

Presume NoAP is to allow the car to change from one freeway to another but I haven’t had the opportunity to try that.

So, pretty “meh” features seems like.

Reactions: positiv
In my view auto park doesn’t do a better job than myself. Just makes you lazy
Also in tight spots it misses the mark (maybe because of the default settings)

I also noticed it likes to activate wipers and set them to auto when autopark even though no rain. WTF?

Changed my mind about paying for this. If offered for free I would take it

Auto park seems to be the main feature geting the Thumbs Up. I've turned it all back off myself. I don't want to get used to somethng I'm unlikely to buy. ;)

Reactions: positiv
Using the key to move to car in/out of tight parking spots is a feature I use on practically every drive - it's just more convenient to be able to swing the door fully open for myself + 1 even if technically we could wiggle ourselves out of the car while parked next to walls/other vehicles. I think that's a summon feature only available with EAP. And because it works using the key alone, no need to start up the app and deal with connectivity issues/startup delays etc. That alone in my view is worth at least half the cost...

But then again, if you live and drive in mostly suburban or rural environments, you won't need that. In the city, it's more than a convenience.

Reactions: paulp
Drove to Melbourne and back last week on 2022.44.25.3, very annoying (new) overtaking behaviour doing sudden slowdowns rather than passing the traffic. Seemed to always happen when overtaking slowly, i.e. 2-3 km/h speed difference, and always seems to trigger when entering the car being passed's blind spot.
Glad it wasn't just me then! How did you overcome it? I resorted to cancelling TACC or Autopilot as it tended to slow down again after manual acceleration.

following on from #4877 above
Apple Music issues hopefully now resolved
I discovered that I had 'Sync Library' in my phone settings
that made my iphone try to download every song in the Apple Music Library on my computer, via the cloud
my phone has 256gb, but it would need many times that capacity
result was that my phone would tell me that its storage was full
I'd remove stuff, more would download
so turning off the sync setting meant that I was able to delete music from the phone, and it seems to have solved the problem of 'two devices'
now the music is playing as required - so far, so good

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
Got the update to 2022.44.25.1 yesterday.
I now see an option in the mobile app to set the Cabin Overheat Protection temperature - it's set to 40C, but each time I try to set it to a different value, I get "Command failed" message (with a very helpful submessage of "Command failed"..).
You wouldn’t have happened to have you done a solution to this? I’m experiencing the same thing.

That’s pretty terrible service.
When you make a booking as part of the process a quote will appear on the app. If its a warranty claim then the price will be reduced to zero After the work is complete. You can confirm this reduction to zero if concerned in the app messages system.
I have never been charged for any tesla work during my warranty periods other than for consumables such as wiper blades and air filters

You wouldn’t have happened to have you done a solution to this? I’m experiencing the same thing.
Welcome to the world of untested tesla bug releases. A solution is to turn on your aircon via the app or with ‘keep’ on the screen and set it to whatever temperature you are not wanting to exceed.
Exactly this. It's annoying when I forget to do it though and come back to a hot car.

.. Also not sure what enhanced AP is supposed to do. Thought I could finally change lanes on a freeway without dropping out of AP but putting on indicator did nothing, so I started to turn the wheel, which promptly dropped me out of AP. So… what’s it supposed to do?
Put the indicator on and then place light pressure on the wheel in the same direction. (Pressure on the wheel but not turning it). You will see the adjacent lane turn pale blue with a rectangle where it plans to lane change your car to. At this point the car takes over and you can release the pressure on the wheel and it does the lane change itself. Once past the car you are overtaking, reverse the procedure. If your are insufficiently forward of the car you have overtaken the dashed land lines will be red until the cars deems you safe distance ahead. At least this is how my car does it.

Put the indicator on and then place light pressure on the wheel in the same direction. ...
Well, I've tried.

Sometimes when I put the indicator on, it indeed colours the lane next to me blue and has a white-ish rounded rectangle showing where my car should end up. Sometimes it doesn't. Dunno why. When it doesn't, turning the wheel always drops me out of Autopilot (AP). When the animation shows up, out on clear open freeways, it often manages to change lanes without disengaging AP. Sometimes with the blue-lane animation it's just too slow to actually do anything and I get dropped out of AP as I turn the wheel because I do actually need to change lanes.

But on NoAP, sheesh. It sometimes puts on the indicator completely inappropriately. I must have confused the heck out of surrounding traffic this week, with the car indicating nonsense (like when entering a freeway from the left it'll indicate left, huh, who does that?). When it decides it wants to change lanes and shows a blue neighbouring lane on the screen, pushing the indicator stalk to the "full", or second, position starts the lane change, no wheel input required. But, most of the time, it fails. Sometimes it starts moving, then bails out and stays in the current lane, only to start indicating again a second later. Often when I need to change lanes I have to indicate and manually tug the thing out of AP with all the grace of a wallowing pig because the blue lane doesn't show up.

I turned off speed based lane changes because the car frequently has wrong speed limits (believes 100 when it's 80) and seems to suggest lane changes when we're all doing the speed limit.

And a final annoyance is that when the car puts the indicator on, pushing the stalk in the same direction, as I've become used to doing with this dumb "state-less" indicator stalk to cancel the indicator, no longer cancels the indicator.

Can't say I'll miss this inconsistent behaviour when the trial expires. Fun to try for a bit but ultimately more frustration than it's worth, in the places I drive.

Better luck to the rest of you.

After using the Enhanced Autopilot features for a few weeks now, I've put together my review of each feature spread across two videos.

Tesla Enhanced AutoPilot Part One
Tesla Enhanced AutoPilot Part Two

I recognise I'm not the first to review these features, and that's okay. I also recognise I'm not a videographer. I'm an engineer, not a bricklayer. Having also read many of the comments in this thread, I pretty much agree with what's been said to date on the forum. If you have a half hour and bit to kill, then feel free to give them a watch (and a chuckle). Whilst I don't want to spoil the final conclusion, I imagine many will guess what I'm going to do when the Trial runs out.

I glanced at my phone app and discovered ‘summon’
I haven’t asked for EAP or FSD

C34124EB-34B4-42B3-A1DC-B4F754C0A58F.jpeg