Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my car on Tuesday, and re: Software....
* Disabled auto wipers. Was driving at sunset towards the sun on a clear day, and the wipers just started going. Faced south, and it was fine, then faced west (or south west) and they started going again. Had to set it to off. WIll have to wait for a rainy day to see if I wanna turn it back on.
* Disabled speed limit warnings/chimes. Had it read some speed signs incorrectly. It read an exit speed 60, while I was continuing straight on the 80kph road, and while I was following a bus, the 40kph on the back of the bus. The alarms were going off sending my 5yr old at the back bonkers yelling at me to slow down. Disabled at the first opportunity.
* Was driving around my local neighbourhood at night. The high beams being auto is great, but I'm the kind of person that doesn't want to have the car high beams shine onto people's houses unnecessarily (around bends and T-junctions).
* TACC. Tried it in traffic. Wasn't very smooth in acceleration nor stopping. Turned it off and will probably leave this an AP on quiet, country roads.

The car is fine to drive without all those features, but would have been good if they worked without the hassle. Just feels they're better turned OFF, than ON at the moment.
Here's hoping that with all the software updates, this all gets better.

The one place I've found TACC to work well - in heavy crawling traffic. If you know you're coming up to heavy congested traffic, get it going. It's not bad at following the stop/start flow, assuming you're ok with it being too timid with accelerating (and you can tap the accelerator to give it a boot into action if needed).
If you shorten the follow distance it will accelerate sooner. It waits for the follow distance to get started

Reactions: Leeroy
Seems as bad as some of the Waymo taxi trials in Phoenix which freak out if there is any change to the pre-mapped environment like a broken down car or traffic cones.

The road environment just changes too often to rely on pre-mapping.. might work in Tesla's Las Vegas tunnels, but might not in an open environment.

Reactions: meloccom
Disabled auto wipers. Was driving at sunset towards the sun on a clear day, and the wipers just started going. Faced south, and it was fine, then faced west (or south west) and they started going again. Had to set it to off. WIll have to wait for a rainy day to see if I wanna turn it back on.

Despite my occasional jibe 🙂 I find the auto wipers mostly work well. They sometimes are a bit slow to start in fine misty rain (I just use the stalk button as needed) and when I went bush last year, bug splatter on the windscreen was rain as far as Tesla Vision was concerned, which became rather annoying and I had to turn the wipers off.

Disabled speed limit warnings/chimes.

I disabled the chimes but mostly that was my fault for exceeding the speed limit a bit too frequently and the noise annoyed my wife so I just leave the visual warning (pulsating speed limit sign) active. Speed sign recognition is mostly good but a bit hit and miss in certain circumstances (especially signs with 2 speed limits on them, such as separate truck speed limits, or different speed limits rain/no rain).

Was driving around my local neighbourhood at night. The high beams being auto is great, but I'm the kind of person that doesn't want to have the car high beams shine onto people's houses unnecessarily (around bends and T-junctions).

Never turned this on, I so rarely use high beam it’s fine to be manual.

TACC. Tried it in traffic. Wasn't very smooth in acceleration nor stopping. Turned it off and will probably leave this an AP on quiet, country roads.

I only ever use TACC now on divided multi-lane roads. And even then with a sense of trepidation and foot over the throttle at all times ready to take over when it decides it needs to brake for a shadow 😡. When I’ve used TACC on country roads it’s 10 times worse, phantom braking at random times, and it really does not like cars coming the other way over crests/corners.

I am still on 2022.44.30 software and had a strange thing happen today. So I got stuck in a traffic jam that was moving still but doing about 20 or so for speed. Like always in those situations I put on the AP with autosteering and let the car take care of the stop and go situations that popped up. Well, the car started asking me to wiggle the steering wheel, like it does and that happened at a time the car was stationary and just started to move. So I wiggled the steering wheel, the car did not detect that, and started beeping about it, so I wiggled it a bit more actively and then the car popped on the screen an error that cheat device detected on steering wheel, please remove the cheat device. As I do not have a cheat device and I have never even seen one, I did not know how to handle that, so I cancelled AP and then engaged AP again and it seemed content with that. I am pretty sure my car is supposed to use the camera to detect the driver attentiveness, it should have seen taht it was me wiggling the steering and that I was in full attention to traffic and its alerting. Kinda feels like this driver attentiveness check is one of the things that has got worse over time for them.

• Disagree
Reactions: yoyob and STUtoday
I’ve had the same alert with an almost exact sequence of wiggling the wheel as you describe. It doesn’t seem to like the side to side wiggle when you’re complying with the ‘move steering wheel’ request. I don’t know, comply with one alert request which causes another alert. Kinda annoying.

Hasn’t happened since I should mention.

Teslsa app is stuck saying my car is downloading an update with the rotating activity circle while the car thinks it is up to date!
My car has 2022.44.30 installed and maps au-2022.36-14191. Both android and IOS phone app says Software update is downloading 2022.44.30 (100%) and both have been like this for days now.
Rebooted the car, restarted the apps. Any ideas how to fix this?

1675030579105.png
1675030915901.png

Teslsa app is stuck saying my car is downloading an update with the rotating activity circle while the car thinks it is up to date!
My car has 2022.44.30 installed and maps au-2022.36-14191. Both android and IOS phone app says Software update is downloading 2022.44.30 (100%) and both have been like this for days now.
Rebooted the car, restarted the apps. Any ideas how to fix this?

View attachment 901126 View attachment 901128
Have you tried signing out and signing back into the app?

Have you tried signing out and signing back into the app?
Good idea. Tried that now. No change. Wife's iPhone has same message as my android so presumably it is being generated by the server and not the car.
EDIT: furthermore Teslafi also says 2022.44.30 is downloading even though the car says it is installed. Gotta be a server side glitch. Will chase it up with Tesla.

Last edited:
.. and Drive Electric watch app was saying same too. Got in touch with Tesla service. They pushed the same 2022.44.30 update to my car again (that was already installed) and the Software update message has cleared. All good now. As an aside they initially said to reinstall the phone app, but I refused, pointing out the fault was showing on 4 different tools. So cause could not be the single app. All fixed now by the looks.

Anyone else having audio issues after the latest update? 2023.2.5(?) which I had before was where it started and just upgraded to 2023.2.10, but it didn't resolve the issue. It's particularly prevalent while using FM radio in that the audio is distorted all the time, but with Spotify/Apple Music, I also get jumps and glitches in the playback, which weren't there before 2023.2.x.

2018 S75D