Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
. It is also well off on the speed limits, sometimes it has speeds as they were months ago. Pity it can not yet recognise traffic speed signs like the Vauxhall Astra I hired in the UK a year or so ago. Relying on out of date map info is a bit old school.
This is due to that capability being patented by MobilEye. Tesla previously used MobilEye for AP1 in early Model S and X cars, so those cars can and do read the speed signs and adjust accordingly. Tesla and MobilEye had a falling out and as such, went and made their own Autopilot system with AP2, which is what our cars use today. I suspect due to the falling out, they don't want to pay their previous partner to license that patent.

I think 2020.8.3 may have improved the car sleeping
I have sentry mode on, usually all the time.
This is the first time I can recall hearing the contactors closing
when checking on the car with the app this morning.
The the only other time I've heard this is with sentry mode disabled

I guess it's either improved sleeping or sentry mode is broken due to this new behavior

updated to 2020.12.5 today
didn't get to drive on 2020.8.2 or 3

Release notes:
Driving Visualization improvements mentions stop lights, stop signs, and road markings (not available in NZ:()
Dashcam viewer
out of order Supercharger Stalls
---------------
sentry mode, Hal 9000 replaced

autopilot settings
Full self driving visualization preview is not supported
in current region

Dashcam viewer is pausing quite a lot for about 30 seconds plus.
I can see all old dashcam and sentry videos
I'll pull the SSD and check it on PC, Might try reformatting

Checked the SSD, it did have some errors nothing major, fixed that
Deleted quite a lot of recordings
No issues watching recordings on laptop

Tried it again in the car same problem, long pausing loading video, long pauses playing video, random freezing
Removed Taptes Hub pausing gone, no freezing loading videos
The whole car froze when using the dashcam viewer and had to do the old two finger reboot
It's done that with and without the Tapes hub

Tapes hub does feel very loose on the car USB port side
Needs further investigation

Checked the SSD, it did have some errors nothing major, fixed that
Deleted quite a lot of recordings
No issues watching recordings on laptop

Tried it again in the car same problem, long pausing loading video, long pauses playing video, random freezing
Removed Taptes Hub pausing gone, no freezing loading videos
The whole car froze when using the dashcam viewer and had to do the old two finger reboot
It's done that with and without the Tapes hub

Tapes hub does feel very loose on the car USB port side
Needs further investigation
Nice findings. Have you tried using ExFat format for Dashcam drive. I heard it is now supported.

A RHD quirk has been fixed in one of the recent updates! I'm on 2020.12.5 and noticed tonight that the Call pop up UI now opens up on the right of the screen rather than the left like it used to
Yeah, I saw that too. We’ve got an odd problem that’s not related to 2020.12.5. My wife’s contacts never show in the contact list but recent calls show the contact names and messages work fine too. Contact list is empty. Not sure if it was always like this but it has been this way since I first noticed it a few months ago so not related to recent updates. My phone works perfectly. She has a Pixel and I have a Pixel3. Both have same settings in car and on phone. I’ve re-paired hers and rebooted car a bunch of times and have never got it to work. Went through her contacts and made sure none have special characters in the name as I saw suggested elsewhere. Anyone else with this problem?