Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't say I've noticed going over the center line on corners.
What I have noticed is different behavior on the same piece of road. A stretch of road I travel daily, slightly uphill, single lane splits into 4 lanes on the down hill side two lane left turn two lanes right turn. There is a bit of a gap with the lane markings the single lane ending and the 4 lanes starting, maybe about a car length or so as you crest the slight up hill section
Sometimes the car will handle this fine majority of the time it won't. Some times it will indicate left and proceed to quite rapidly change lanes to the extreme left hand lane even though navigation knows I'm going right
Some times it will dither between left and right. it's a game of Russian roulette what the car will do. Place your bets spin the wheel what she'll do none knows.... I think it's a combo of the approach angle and the gap in the road markings

I think there is a problem with the speed sign detection behavior for NZ
it's not actioned till after you've passed the speed sign, which I think maybe the way the US functions
For NZ needs it to be actioned before passing the speed sign

In the USA it happens as you pass the sign, and the impact is quite quick.

However, perhaps you should raise a localization bug with Tesla that "down speed changes" should complete by the time you get to the sign.

Seems like the Boombox feature is limited to North American vehicles only. Mine is a bit too old for the speaker (it's a pre-Sep 2019 build) but even cars from the last delivery batch appear to be missing the feature. I wonder if there are laws here that prevent it?

Having driven now with the new update a few times, there are a few things I am not liking. I don't like the reduced map size, the Hold symbol is hidden by your hand on the steering wheel. Initially I thought it was missing but the function was still working and then found the symbol low down on the right of the screen. The P N R D symbols are way too light and difficult to see. I do like the turn signals where they are though.I think there will be some changes in new updates soon.

I agree, the reduced map size makes no sense to me and is very disappointing. The visualisation area is now just too large with most often just empty space. New car angle looks nice but takes up more space and has same ability to open frunk/trunk/charge port. I don't mind the symbols down the side but agree PRND is now too light. Finally, speed font is smaller and I don't like that. This is the first update since I got my car (about 25 updates ago) that feels half-baked and is disappointing. There's really nothing new other than messing up the U/I... minor change to scheduled departure and a couple games. My 2 cents for what it's worth.

Reactions: 3Vtastic
2021.12.25.7 also has a new game.

As above, the next version has a bit more
2021.24 Disney+, retain wifi, toggle %/km and carwash mode

Also in Australia, it appears 2021.12.25.7 has upped the speed on the included UMC plugs.
Australian cars were delivered with 10A and 15A plugs but they were limited to 8A (2kW) and 12A (3kW).
After some update is pushed to the mobile charger (for most it seems to happen when plugged in overnight), you can now get 2.3kW and 3.5kW.

I believe NZ cars get similar 10A and 15A plugs, as well as 16A Blue Commando.