Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
installing 2022.8.2

last 8 updates supposedly adding code for cloud profile etc. but nothing new other than features added for first update.... all seemingly fix to fix the broken fix before....

Anyone else noted that since last few updates and new navigation data, FSD is crappier? it detects a traffic signal in middle of motorway near New Market... I guess this is because there is a signal under the bridge (stupid).... so annoying when car trying to slow-down 200mtr before and trying to stop or scream alarms when signal location passing (thinking that I am jumping the red signal - idiot)

Another issue I noted is that if signal is not operating for some reason or turned off - it's by-default assumed RED and car goes crazy on mission to stop me driving with FSD and/or when I cross it with ACC or FSD on with manual forced takeover....

Tesla keep on giving gifts of updates... only question is, which update actually does what and why no way to roll-back update if update if breaking the existing feature?

installing 2022.8.2

last 8 updates supposedly adding code for cloud profile etc. but nothing new other than features added for first update.... all seemingly fix to fix the broken fix before....

Anyone else noted that since last few updates and new navigation data, FSD is crappier? it detects a traffic signal in middle of motorway near New Market... I guess this is because there is a signal under the bridge (stupid).... so annoying when car trying to slow-down 200mtr before and trying to stop or scream alarms when signal location passing (thinking that I am jumping the red signal - idiot)

Another issue I noted is that if signal is not operating for some reason or turned off - it's by-default assumed RED and car goes crazy on mission to stop me driving with FSD and/or when I cross it with ACC or FSD on with manual forced takeover....

Tesla keep on giving gifts of updates... only question is, which update actually does what and why no way to roll-back update if update if breaking the existing feature?
Yep Auckland motorway heading into the city near Khyber pass road, car seems to think it has stop for something, not sure what
Heading out of the city near Newmarket, car seems to think it has to stop for the the motorway expansion joint
I think it may something to do with the 80km speed limit sign being in line with the expansion joint
and the car interprets this combo as something it should stop for.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Audietron
Yep Auckland motorway heading into the city near Khyber pass road, car seems to think it has stop for something, not sure what
Heading out of the city near Newmarket, car seems to think it has to stop for the the motorway expansion joint
I think it may something to do with the 80km speed limit sign being in line with the expansion joint
and the car interprets this combo as something it should stop for.
It's as simple as dodgy navigation data update.... during FSD car depends on two things - navigation data and vision/radar. vision issue is when signal is off it considers it as RED which is bad algorithm, nothing else. dodgy navigation data would have layers missing, hence if there is a signal under the bridge, car is thinking in 2D instead of 3D 9before) and trying to stop in middle of the motorway.

1649304481375.png

• Love
Reactions: Audietron