Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vehicle now on 2022.12.1 still no charging stats on app. Tesla chat couldn't help but are advising the app developers.

S02

found this

Not sure if this is still applicable
2. not sure what road segment sharing is??
4. maybe something to look at

Frequently Asked Questions​

Why don’t I see the Charge Stats feature in the Tesla app?
There are a few reasons why you may not have access to Charge Stats
  1. Your Tesla app must be updated to version 4.5.1 or higher. To check what version of the Tesla app you have, tap the profile picture icon, located in the top-right corner. Scroll down to the bottom where you will find the Tesla app version.
  2. Check your Data Sharing settings from the vehicle touchscreen under the ‘Software’ tab and opt into the road segment sharing option.
    Note: This can take up to 24 hours for the change to reflect in app.
  3. Your vehicle must have software version 2021.44.25 or higher. To check the latest software version on your car, tap ‘Software’ on your touchscreen.
    Note: This can take up to 24 hours after the software update for the change to reflect in app.
  4. Currently, Charge Stats is only available to the primary vehicle owner.

found this

Not sure if this is still applicable
2. not sure what road segment sharing is??
4. maybe something to look at

Frequently Asked Questions​

Why don’t I see the Charge Stats feature in the Tesla app?
There are a few reasons why you may not have access to Charge Stats
  1. Your Tesla app must be updated to version 4.5.1 or higher. To check what version of the Tesla app you have, tap the profile picture icon, located in the top-right corner. Scroll down to the bottom where you will find the Tesla app version.
  2. Check your Data Sharing settings from the vehicle touchscreen under the ‘Software’ tab and opt into the road segment sharing option.
    Note: This can take up to 24 hours for the change to reflect in app.
  3. Your vehicle must have software version 2021.44.25 or higher. To check the latest software version on your car, tap ‘Software’ on your touchscreen.
    Note: This can take up to 24 hours after the software update for the change to reflect in app.
  4. Currently, Charge Stats is only available to the primary vehicle owner.
Thanks Ecoli,

"road segment" seems to be agreeing to para 3 of the data sharing page. I am the primary owner. Interestingly, Telsa chat said there were a number of issues with the App, both IOS and Android, that they are working on.

S02

Thanks Ecoli,

"road segment" seems to be agreeing to para 3 of the data sharing page. I am the primary owner. Interestingly, Telsa chat said there were a number of issues with the App, both IOS and Android, that they are working on.

S02
Interesting I don't remember agreeing to any paragraphs in data sharing
I'd better go and have another look god knows what I agreed to....haha

Sounds like it maybe a bit like scheduled charging on Android, that took a few attempts to get that to work properly for some

He’s referring to the point that USA owners have more features and functions available to them compared to what we have so far, based on buying a like for like car.

e.g.
Boombox (no external speaker)
Remote Sentry (not enabled)
FSD beta (not yet available)
Disney+

Most of these will come eventually except where additional HW is required.

• Love
Reactions: Audietron
He’s referring to the point that USA owners have more features and functions available to them compared to what we have so far, based on buying a like for like car.

e.g.
Boombox (no external speaker)
Remote Sentry (not enabled)
FSD beta (not yet available)
Disney+

Most of these will come eventually except where additional HW is required.
You summed it up....

Most of it will come eventually (Disney+ already here), when some of them we will never see (Boombox).... most importantly, that delay in getting it to NZ (senseless) will assure that we are always getting less for the same car we purchased with same amount of money (if not more).

Yeah, we all pay nothing for these updates.

If you're referring to the cost of premium connectivity, that's mostly dictated by the telco being used. In this case, it's Telstra AU.

Premium connectivity is more like a internet connection... has no direct connection to software updates... one without connectivity can still get updates over home internet/wifi.

Tesla cars are sold majorly on basis of it's software capabilities.... Tesla is first Software centric car - compare to traditional Hardware centric cars. So rolling out updates for free is part of the deal and reason people buy Tesla cars... Battery would be secondary plus but soon most cars would have it.

we can make it look as special as we want to be able to get software updates.... but similar to 2000-2010 days of Smartphone era, software updates and capabilities are only going to be novelty so long - focus will shift to quality, finishing, accuracy, reliability of device once that software boom is normal process for all companies.

One good example would be Audi's super fancy MMI (Multi Media Interface) for their flagship cars during same era... same for BMW, Mercedes... but since 2010 most of those media, handsfree, camera, cruise control features controlled by centralised computer is norm - even for low end entry level cars... today even entry level Audi gets Audi connect to have mobile app based capabilities and level of self driving in selected vehicles. same is true for Mercedes and BMW... and many other traditionally combustion and hardware centric cars.

Tesla already started having competitions, some will overtake software capabilities at one stage... nothing is forever ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, I know how the updates work lol.

My point was more, it's silly to complain about features taking longer to arrive here when the subscription price you're paying still includes everything that the service advertised as including. The price of Premium Connectivity is mostly determined by the telco that's backing it and likewise, I suspect the features that are able to be provided over the mobile connection are going to be determined by the telco as well.

Yeah, I know how the updates work lol.

My point was more, it's silly to complain about features taking longer to arrive here when the subscription price you're paying still includes everything that the service advertised as including. The price of Premium Connectivity is mostly determined by the telco that's backing it and likewise, I suspect the features that are able to be provided over the mobile connection are going to be determined by the telco as well.
I don't think Telco decides if we have remote Sentry mode.... if that's the case, I am scared about Tesla's future - lol.

I guess m3lol explained it correctly that I was referring to actual car and us paying the same for the car etc.... same car, same hardware, same purchased price, and same language (English) shouldn't be a rocket science to allow similar features for users in multiple countries... obviously subject to local laws (driving and FSD part) but Santry mode or boombox wouldn't legal issue if already done right :rolleyes:

So it's valid to complain about features as we paid some 80000 plus for car, and extra 11400 for FSD (for many like me) promised to improve over time (and delivered with beta capabilities)... because $10/month internet cost has nothing to do with anything - I can just hotspot my mobile connection and will get similar capability as premium connectivity based on this Tesla article (Connectivity.)

Even for Premium connectivity telco has no role other than providing internet connection to connect to Tesla servers (or google as I can see from my navigation screen)

Live Sentry Mode requires the use of the mobile network. Tesla's contract with Telstra may currently only allow for certain usage, such as lots of download capability but low upload (which is what Live View will use). There is also the complication that Tesla is using Roaming data in New Zealand for their mobile service.

Live Sentry Mode requires the use of the mobile network. Tesla's contract with Telstra may currently only allow for certain usage, such as lots of download capability but low upload (which is what Live View will use). There is also the complication that Tesla is using Roaming data in New Zealand for their mobile service.
Good point
I think the lack of sentry mode remote view for NZ and Au may also be due to having no boombox
Sentry mode remote viewer would use boombox for speaking via the car
Tesla possibly not bothering to code sentry remote viewer that doesn't need boombox