Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022.12.3.2 installed today
tell me you already can edit your Tweets after a week? Elonification giving you everything before everybody else - jealous.

Anything new? It appears, I might be at back of the queue, as nothing so far since 2022.12.3.1, and reported 15 bugs since that update. (Finally figure out that I simply press voice command button and say "Report Bug" to report it in fastest way possible while driving)

• Funny
Reactions: Ecoli
haha

Nothing new

"report bug", "bug report", "WTF are you doing"
"Why the hell are you still stopping in the middle of the motorway!"
"Those aren't the traffic lights you should be looking at" (in best Obi-Wan impersonation)
Don't work 🙂
As far as I know bug report only flags the car logs so the Service center can easily find the incident
Still needs a call to service or service appointment for any real action

• Funny
Reactions: Audietron
haha

Nothing new

"report bug", "bug report", "WTF are you doing"
"Why the hell are you still stopping in the middle of the motorway!"
"Those aren't the traffic lights you should be looking at" (in best Obi-Wan impersonation)
Don't work 🙂
As far as I know bug report only flags the car logs so the Service center can easily find the incident
Still needs a call to service or service appointment for any real action
Really? but it confirms that thanks for your feedback to improve our service, if you need service appointment - book in mobile app..... I thought that's acknowledgement that bug might have rendered my car not usable - like calling AA road service and they are by default expected to think I am in trouble.

Well, if what you said is true (I trust you) in that case last few weeks I wrongly thought I finally found the same level of personal connection you had with Elon... press a button and ask for personal attention to life threatening situation at any moment... bummer. ;) 😂

I know, all tesla stock owners going to go crazy if I say anything negative about Tesla, but in history of automobile, this might be the only car and car company getting away with not only bulletproof glass breaking during demo (that was funny and PR stunt, if not, show of quality control) - but phantom breaking, advertised self driving being Beta with permanently hands on steering, stopping in middle of the motorway for months, stopping at every road joints like they are RED signals right next to Tesla Office at Auckland.... and still no actual fine/penalty/action for road safety issues with of all the flaws... not even acknowledgement from company to their customers, that they are noticing that and working on fixing (or release notes saying what's fixed).

Car got so many features, but almost none of them actually work perfectly... when I said perfectly, I meant in ideal way - because for everyone in love with Tesla, life threating mistakes are cute things Tesla cars does for their attention, and anyone talking about them are just unrealistic expecting those features to actually work - lol.

Go ahead and tell me that I paid $11400 for software update which I am not suppose to use and expect to be perfect, is something I shouldn't be using as advertised and use at my own risk.... I will remind those same people would complain about free of cost Covid tracer App or issues with this forum they can access for free. :rolleyes: 😆 😂

Vehicle on 2022.12.3.2 and unable to start without the key card. Doors open and lock from the phone but cannot drive without tapping key card on centre console. It was OK on 12.3.1. Also headlight status on RHS of screen, below speed, now not displayed.

S02
Get inside car... press both side scroll button on steering wheel for 10-15 seconds until screen goes dark... it will do software refresh and might fix the issue.
If not, go to support within car screen... note down your wheel type in wheel/tyre change - change the value to anything else and confirm... car will reset the software... once car is back online - change the wheel type to original values.
If these two doesn't fix.... probably something went wrong during update.... because I have same new version with same old issues - but not the issue you are having.

Thanks Audietron, tried the two button reset, I actually do that after every update when I remember. Didn't think to try the wheel change, will do that in the morning.

S02
Wheel change trick I received when Tesla stopped successfully connecting to wireless and Internet, so might just do the trick... support said that there are multiple ways software resets done for each module - this reset related to services or radio signals (should include bluetooth).

Wheel change, and back, resulted in headlight icon now displayed but vehicle still not driveable without key card - not really a big deal. I will wait for one more update before calling Tesla Chat.

S02
have you updated mobile app? if mobile device is not connecting when nearby (like unlocking the car) it might happen.
another thing you could check is locks option within car's main screen... make sure that when inside car it's having your mobile phone listed as active device...
if still nothing, it wouldn't hurt to just delete mobile app and reinstall the latest version.... also delete phone from locks/keys and add again using card.... old windows technique that reinstall or reboot mostly fix everything.

Thanks Audietron, concidentally a new Android version of the app has just appeared, 4.8.0-1025. Does not fix my lack of charging stats,
will report on other functions later.

S02
So, new app version and a re-boot of phone has restored all key funcionality and I also now have charging stats for the first time since 4.7.1. Ony gives me U.S/ Canada options for location despite using AUK average power costings.

S02

• Love
Reactions: Audietron
I had the same issue with 2022.12.3.2
Android phone
The day after installing, wouldn't unlock via phone
I tried turning BT off and on, restarting the app
holding phone up to B pillar, no dice
Had to use the key card
When I got to work it seemed to have sorted it's self out
Car locked as I walked away, unlocked at end of day when I walked up to it
Didn't have to use the key card and haven't since

PS my charge stats are still working in $NZ

S02
have you tired https://whatismyipaddress.com/ from your phone
to check if you've got an NZ IP address

Thanks Ecoli,

The app uses the phone lauguage settings and mine was set to English (GB). There is no NZ option, only Australian so now I get $ but cannot select NZ supplier options. Just tried whatismyipaddress and showing location correct. I can set my on and off peak rates so better than nothing.

S02

So, new app version and a re-boot of phone has restored all key funcionality and I also now have charging stats for the first time since 4.7.1. Ony gives me U.S/ Canada options for location despite using AUK average power costings.

S02

hmm... Tesla is new Windows... reinstall or reboot and it might fix things...
install latest updates and it may stop working correctly...
select the wrong language and you get wrong country altogether - despite the fact that it's tracking location at all the times.