Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do realize FSD is a WIP, I knew that when I paid for it way back in 2019 when NoP was only a glint in Elon's eye for NZ
The whole point of me stating I have FSD was to make it clear to anyone comparing what my car does maybe different to theirs
Even AP behaves is differently because of FSD.
I didn't feel like writing a dissertation on the inner workings of FSD....sorry about that

IMO FSD situation is confusing for anyone who doesn't do some in depth research
if you just watch some recommended you tube videos or skim a few posts on reddit or here
and don't check regional forums.
Highly likely they may come away with high expectations for FSD, especially now with the US beta
add to that mix AP, NOP, FSD, EAP... WTF

I don't think any of the NZ demo cars have FSD enabled so you can see for realzies
what FSD is like in NZ. (Disclaimer they didn't when I test drove the S&X in pre Krd times)
very true... someone would say bitter truth, but you made it sound like funny truth...
At Germany Tesla was made to pay compensation for wrongly claiming features and selling non-existent product...

When it's all confusing, when FSD and related full/partial/demo/restricted whatever level autonomous capability was the only reason to buy Tesla's car instead of buying from any other established automaker building quality cars - it's no brainer not to pay that extra $11400 and get it... even if it is not what is promised... because once take that away - it's just poorly built and delivered car with so many functional and quality issues... Tesla cars are sold because of Software (more FSD features than others) and Charging network (not anymore) - take that revolutionary part away and nothing is left.

So when not happy with oversold, happy with what I paid for... until find another car with comparable capabilities (maybe year or two before NZ gets, as USA got good competition going)

Thanks for reply. No reason for me to get premium connectivity then.
well, if whole purpose for premium connectivity for you is live sentry mode - then no need, probably ever... as very least likely we get it with New Zealand customer base (tiny for tesla) and strict laws.
but, if you are using enhanced autopilot or FSD then you can't live without premium connectivity...

Personally, apart from using for FSD at most times for live traffic data based navigation etc. initially I was using it when charging outside house to kill time and watch movies, now as I almost always charge at home - I use it to park at scenic point or food truck and watch movie when enjoying scenery/food and watching Netflix/Disney. and did I say Netflix AU instead of NZ?
I even bought driver and passenger trays so we can mostly avoid restaurants allowing takeaway and eat in car enjoying some scenery or movies (and hopefully not catching covid - paranoid person here)

Afterall it's only a cost of oil change every year I might have done for traditional cars, making that large screen somewhat more meaningful...

Reactions: AkAkl
As a heads up, Tesla is starting the migration of all cars to Tesla Vision with update 2022.20.9 and 2022.24.x. This means the radar on your car will no longer be used. I personally won't be delaying my update but if you're concerned about this, it might be worth holding back and seeing feedback from others.

Reactions: Audietron
As a heads up, Tesla is starting the migration of all cars to Tesla Vision with update 2022.20.9 and 2022.24.x. This means the radar on your car will no longer be used. I personally won't be delaying my update but if you're concerned about this, it might be worth holding back and seeing feedback from others.
well, If I am not wrong, newer cars already don't have radar/lidar... so this only applicable to cars before 2021.