Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt the Model 3 & Y will never be able to move the map to be on the far left of the screen. The S & X can because they have a dash cluster behind the wheel/yoke that displays the speed and info messages and don't rely on the main screen for this.
and being low/mid range models, never going to get fancier things... even if it means better UI as refreshed model S.

Except the lower models now have Ryzen CPU's and almost identical software, the only thing they miss is the extra drivers display.

Until the S/X refresh the 3 was substantially more advanced in many areas.

this isnt audi mate.
Oh did you see Model S refresh video? I can't wait to get mine as and when it comes... even after some 50-60 accessories and mods / improvements my Model 3 is way way way off what refreshed model S is. higher end model is higher end model.

Even if it was Audi, Audi A1, a hatchback got all the latest display and features as Audi A8L... but not many of the high end luxury and functional stuff as A8L... even all Audi got Audi connect now, still level of features will be always different between high-end flagship models and low end mass models.

High end model is High-end model, low end model is low end model... regardless of manufacturer is Tesla, Audi, Mercedes, or Aston Martin... if they aren't any different, there wouldn't be two different models ever.

LHD cars already have latest model S/3/X/Y available, and they have large number of features missing in model 3/Y compare to Model S/X - because they are never meant to be there... even software aspects.

Tesla Profiles
Keep your settings and preferences synchronized across all supported vehicles using your Tesla account including
- Mirror, seating and steering wheel adjustments
- Autopilot, driving and climate control preferences
- Navigation, media and data sharing preferences

You can set up your Tesla Profile from Driver Profile settings and change your profile picture from the Tesla Mobile app.

Blind Spot Cameras
Adjust the placement of your blind spot camera on your display by dragging the camera feed.
The camera feed will appear in the same position when your blinker is active.
To enable, tap Controls > Autopilot > Automatic Blind Spot Camera.

Traffic Along Route
Any slow traffic conditions along your navigation route are now shown prominently as part of the route line on the map
Note: This feature requires Premium Connectivity.

Driver profiles
Driver profile improvements Any navigation recents or favorites will now be saved to the active driver profile
---------------------

Quick play I had with 2022.24.6 I noticed
When navigation is in use and the map isn't displayed the directions now appear at the top of the car info screen
instead of the bottom

indicators have been moved to above the regen/acceleration line on the car info screen

3 positions for blindspot camera location in car info screen top, bottom
or middle of nav map

It looks like my car (2019) is now using Tesla vision
when I went back to view the release notes I can now see

2022.20 release notes - Tesla vision your car is now running Tesla Vision

I don't remember seeing that before

Tesla Profiles
Keep your settings and preferences synchronized across all supported vehicles using your Tesla account including

You can set up your Tesla Profile from Driver Profile settings and change your profile picture from the Tesla Mobile app.

Blind Spot Cameras
Adjust the placement of your blind spot camera on your display by dragging the camera feed.

Traffic Along Route
Any slow traffic conditions along your navigation route are now shown prominently as part of the route line on the map

Driver profiles
Driver profile improvements Any navigation recents or favorites will now be saved to the active driver profile
---------------------

When navigation is in use and the map isn't displayed the directions now appear at the top of the car info screen
instead of the bottom

indicators have been moved to above the regen/acceleration line on the car info screen

or middle of nav map

Lucky you... You are in Elonta's good books.
I am still waiting to get any updates for last 1 month.

• Funny
Reactions: Ecoli
This decision really doesn't have anything to do with highend/lowend. It's to do with safety - they don't to be blamed for people moving crucial driver information further away from the drivers line of sight.
I commented simply based on UI video from Tesla for model S allowing to swap sides for maps between left/right with new Model S... forgot to share link before. (I doubt where maps displayed has anything to do with safety)

Look for marker around 6 minutes for Touchscreen layout.

Sure, but the Model S has a dash cluster whereas the Model 3/Y does not. What would be on the dash cluster on a S/X is instead against the right side of the screen for the 3/Y where it is closest to the driver.
I commented simply based on UI video from Tesla for model S allowing to swap sides for maps between left/right with new Model S... forgot to share link before. (I doubt where maps displayed has anything to do with safety)

Look for marker around 6 minutes for Touchscreen layout.
Sure, but the Model S has a dash cluster whereas the Model 3/Y does not. What would be on the dash cluster on a S/X is instead against the right side of the screen for the 3/Y where it is closest to the driver.

true... didn't notice that as I was watching this video like a Kid in a candy store...

Tesla Profiles

Blind Spot Cameras

Traffic Along Route

Driver profiles
---------------------

instead of the bottom

or middle of nav map

SO had a quick few drive after update.... vision not mentioned anywhere, probably because 2021 cars were always on vision and now earlier models are moving to it.

welcome to vision based driving.... now we all will have same issues - lol.

Blindspot camera better than before....

2021 cars in NZ had a radar and until now, did not use Vision only. The Tesla Vision update came with the 20.9 update so if you're only looking at the notes in your car for the 24.6 update then you won't see the Vision line. Open the Release Notes from the Software section the car settings and under the 20.9 listing you will see that you're now on Vision only.

Reactions: Audietron
2021 cars in NZ had a radar and until now, did not use Vision only. The Tesla Vision update came with the 20.9 update so if you're only looking at the notes in your car for the 24.6 update then you won't see the Vision line. Open the Release Notes from the Software section the car settings and under the 20.9 listing you will see that you're now on Vision only.
You are right... I was looking at North America support... here is NZ support with correct dates.

Tesla Profiles

Blind Spot Cameras

Traffic Along Route

Driver profiles
---------------------

instead of the bottom

or middle of nav map

Installing 2022.24.6 now

Reactions: Ecoli