Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After almost 3 years of having the car, it seems 28.2 has finally fixed a bug the car always had.

When wanting to quickly change indication directions, flicking the indicator all the way in the other direction would just turn off the indicator so you'd have to do it twice, but if you did it too quickly it would just indicate once in that other direction. With 28.2, pushing the stalk all the way in the other direction will now cancel the current indicator and then indicate in the other direction 🥲

It takes away the chore of indicating on roundabouts!
No changes so far.... I was hoping for that toilet trained version, but car is still crapping around roads/lanes like stupid. It's war with indicators stalk when car is on FSD.

Even worst when it feels threatened by oncoming car far behind and just gets back to original land half way into changing lanes.

Installing fresh updates...
Jumping the guns and getting 2022.36.2 directly 💪

hoping for all the fancy stuff we were discussing in recent 🤞

Screenshot_20221011_094640_Tesla.jpg

Reactions: Ecoli and m3lol
You can always force check by reset methods... good update after a long time.

I believe live sentry mode might be the culprit behind bad internet on premium connectivity... 🤔
No, it was a problem with the Australian ISP (I raised a service request relating to this and had a phone chat with the service guy, see also the thread on the FB owners club page)... Auckland should already be fixed, 'mid-October' for everyone else.
Shame we don't have NZ Sim cards and go through a local ISP.

Reactions: Ecoli and Audietron
No, it was a problem with the Australian ISP (I raised a service request relating to this and had a phone chat with the service guy, see also the thread on the FB owners club page)... Auckland should already be fixed, 'mid-October' for everyone else.
Shame we don't have NZ Sim cards and go through a local ISP.
Thanks for confirming and sharing.
I am glad we don't have NZ SIM, because we enjoy Australian extended movie catalog on Netflix... gives more excuses to park at scenic spot and eat food local while watching movies.

Reactions: Steve_Chch
And here is the list of goodies....

View attachment 862208

View attachment 862211
I will take it for a drive and check some out later...

Update: checked live sentry mode... allows view from 4 cameras in each direction

View attachment 862214
Spamming with one additional picture... in this scenario car is not connected, so true remote connectivity outside Bluetooth zone...

This is a snapshot when looking thru front camera from approx. 500mtr away. As you can see I am not even using any LTE/5G network... just good old data connection.

Would be great to see someone approaching the car or Sentry mode alarm triggered with link to check car surroundings... practical use, compare to simple stalking on others 😂

Screenshot_20221011_141818_Tesla.jpg

Reactions: wellblade and m3lol
Finally on 36.2 now showed up first thing this morning for my 2022-09 delivered MY.

Interesting about live sentry view privacy statement and in NZ we should be fine I hope.

Dynamic brake light sounds awesome and be reared on another car before I certainly hope its widely considered useful by others.
Dynamic break is essential... needs not wants.

I liked the P2P aspect of live sentry, by looks of it (weekend project to find out)...

I was wondering why my car has changed to only checking for software updates once every 24 hrs
if I check for software update sooner than 24 hrs since the last check.
it will instantly come back with software is up to date with the time/date of the last successful check, up to 24 hrs ago
it's obvious it's not really checking anything, it's to quick

Found this about 1/4 way down the page

How to Check if Your Tesla is Running the Latest Update​

If an update is available for your Tesla, it will usually show up in your mobile app, although it's not clear how often the mobile app checks for updates. If you suspect an update may be available for your vehicle, you can check in your vehicle, although Tesla has recently started limiting this check to once per 24-hour period.

Reactions: Audietron
Just to be pedantic, the detail the site has about the mobile app is a bit incorrect. The Mobile App doesn't do any checking for updates, that's all done by the car. The car will then notify the app that an update is available to install.

The last few updates mine has been right at the back of the queue 🥲

Reactions: RobDickinson