Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Version 10.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the real value in the zoom and rotate feature is to show that Tesla is building a 3D model of the car's surroundings. This will become more useful when FSD is released. For example, when we get the full FSD driver visualization like in the FSD video with intersections and non-driveable space represented, having an actual 3D model on the screen will give us more confidence in FSD. I also could imagine situations where the driver is backing out of a parking space where they could rotate the driver visualization 180 degrees around to better see what is behind the car on the screen

Last edited:
Reactions: JG T3SLA and 82bert
I think the real value in the zoom and rotate feature is to show that Tesla is building a 3D model of the car's surroundings. This will become more useful when FSD is released. For example, when we get the full FSD driver visualization like in the FSD video with intersections and non-driveable space represented, having an actual 3D model on the screen will give us more confidence in FSD. I also could imagine situations where the driver is backing out of a parking space where they could rotate the driver visualization 180 degrees around to better see what is behind the car on the screen
My commute has me driving on the highway for about 90% of the total drive time. I usually park myself in the left lane the entire time, so it would be cool to turn/rotate so that the focus is primarily on the lane to the right of me.

Reactions: diplomat33
So is v10 tied to Advanced Summon so that we wont see it until they get AS working? I assume there are other, non-FSD, features in there as well. Seems kind of silly to delay all of those because of a feature, that based on the videos I've seen, is no where near ready.

So is v10 tied to Advanced Summon so that we wont see it until they get AS working? I assume there are other, non-FSD, features in there as well. Seems kind of silly to delay all of those because of a feature, that based on the videos I've seen, is no where near ready.

No way to tell.... Until something rolls out to the TEAP people and video's start showing up, no way to tell what's in v10 at this point.