Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla software version 2021.36.8.6 just downloaded.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's beta 10.4, also Live Sentry View. I used it on the way to work this morning, pretty similar to 10.3 for that route. All rural roads though.

One thing I noticed, it gives an audible error now if any of the cameras are occluded. My left door camera has been giving me an error since I got it, and now it makes an alarm sound. Seems to only happen in the dark.

I played around with this update over the weekend. I've had FSD for over 2 years now and can say on the roads I drive it has gotten worse. Maybe a better word should be overcautious.

On bends and curves on the roads I usually travel 40mph on, the car slows to 25mph. It's not like there is a posted sign showing 25mph on the curved road. FSD just takes it really easy to the point where I turn it off because I'm about to get rear ended by another car.

They still haven't fixed the constant notifications/nudges when lanes merge or divide either. Then there are the scary situations where you need to cross a two-way stop intersection with parked cars lined up and down the street. After almost getting a hit a couple of times, I turn it off in these situations as well.

FSD is definitely not ready for primetime, but you have to start somewhere. Just wish it wasn't billed as soon to be robotaxi quality when I purchased it.

I played around with this update over the weekend. I've had FSD for over 2 years now and can say on the roads I drive it has gotten worse. Maybe a better word should be overcautious.

On bends and curves on the roads I usually travel 40mph on, the car slows to 25mph. It's not like there is a posted sign showing 25mph on the curved road. FSD just takes it really easy to the point where I turn it off because I'm about to get rear ended by another car.

They still haven't fixed the constant notifications/nudges when lanes merge or divide either. Then there are the scary situations where you need to cross a two-way stop intersection with parked cars lined up and down the street. After almost getting a hit a couple of times, I turn it off in these situations as well.

FSD is definitely not ready for primetime, but you have to start somewhere. Just wish it wasn't billed as soon to be robotaxi quality when I purchased it.

When my slows down a little too much, I just give her a little gas.

I tried it again out in public and it worked fine but when I returned home it gave an error again. I manually turned sentry on when I got home but no luck. I suspect that it is related to exempting sentry when at home.
To expand on this a bit. I turned off WIFI on my iPhone and was able to use live cameras and DV voice at home. It may be a problem with my firewall. It works fine elsewhere. 2021.36.8.6

So yesterday I got a 'new' update and was kinda hoping that it was that my killer 95 safety score :rolleyes: landed me on the FSD beta list. No... no, that didn't happen. I haven't been paying attention to the version numbers and I assumed that I had a current version. My update was to version 2021.32.31! I don't even get the Live Sentry View, much less FSD.

Does anyone know why I would have such an old version? I've got an MS manufactured in December 2017 and it has all of the appropriate hardware updates.

Yeah, I've had the FSD Beta on my Plaid for a few days now, and it's like having an overly cautious 5 year old kid trying to drive a $140k car for the first time ever. Stopped using it.

Yeah, I've had the FSD Beta on my Plaid for a few days now, and it's like having an overly cautious 5 year old kid trying to drive a $140k car for the first time ever. Stopped using it.

Lol - I couldn't even grandpa long enough to qualify for FSD in our '21 MS LR. Painfully achieved a score of 95 until deciding the car wasn't built to drive lame, that it wasn't worth early access, and will just wait for wide release.

Reactions: Issaction
Used it for 400 miles of driving this weekend. Not sure if this is a bug or a problem with my car 2021 refresh S long range...seemed that with FSD engaged, when it switches from city street mode to highway mode on the software stack, within about 5 minutes I either lose traffic data or the map display goes to very low res (as if it isn't downloading data via the cell connection). Then, when it switches back into city street mode, within 5 minutes or so the missing data comes back (traffic nav resumes or map resolution finishes downloading. Rebooted the screens twice on the drive home and it kept behaving that way. Weird.

Used it for 400 miles of driving this weekend. Not sure if this is a bug or a problem with my car 2021 refresh S long range...seemed that with FSD engaged, when it switches from city street mode to highway mode on the software stack, within about 5 minutes I either lose traffic data or the map display goes to very low res (as if it isn't downloading data via the cell connection). Then, when it switches back into city street mode, within 5 minutes or so the missing data comes back (traffic nav resumes or map resolution finishes downloading. Rebooted the screens twice on the drive home and it kept behaving that way. Weird.
That's odd. Not seen that happen. Honestly, though - these things can absolutely misbehave from one car to another, with no obvious reasons why...