Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Solar 10-year loan, 10% down, 0.99 APR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is providing a new 10-year, 10% down payment, 0.99% APR loan for solar installs! Does anyone know if we can get this option to refinance an existing loan for a Tesla solar install?

Screenshot 2021-06-16 4.59.57 PM.png

Reactions: house9
What the... I just took the 5 years 0.99% loan today, didn't see that option at all... 10 years was 3.99%
You may be able to get it changed if you just took it today. For my install, when I had some taxes removed, they re-did the loan documentation without any issues. I think as long as you don't have PTO and have not made any payments yet, you can have it re-done. Talk to your advisor.

Reactions: Bitslizer
You may be able to get it changed if you just took it today. For my install, when I had some taxes removed, they re-did the loan documentation without any issues. I think as long as you don't have PTO and have not made any payments yet, you can have it re-done. Talk to your advisor.
Thanks! reached out to my advisor and will see.

So this new term is directly from Tesla Finance and the old high rates terms are from Mosaic. I found about this only because for some reason my PA assigned me a "hybrid" term with 0 down 10yr 0.99% and I of course signed and got approved last week. Got a call back yesterday saying in order to get 0.99%(which is Tesla finance direct) I have to put down 10%...

Does it require the Fed ITC tax credit to be applied before month 18 like the Sunlight terms in order to maintain the lower monthly payment?
It does not. However it does initially price with your energy credits being given to Tesla up front. If you want your energy credits they may look for a larger downpayment of perhaps they'll just approve the higher principle.

I called Tesla Billing to see if I could refinance my existing Sunlight loan. They said I should talk to Sunlight about refinancing. Before calling Sunlight, I even asked Tesla Billing if Sunlight is the bank that is doing the new 0.99% APR loans, and they didn't know that!

Sunlight told me that they don't refinance their own loan, and suggested that I get a different bank to refinance the loan. They thought Tesla could tell me the name of the bank that is providing the new 0.99% APR and have them refinance my loan. Is there a Tesla sales line that I could call to check about this? Couldn't find any numbers on the Tesla website.

Was able to chat with Tesla sales. They told me that they work with Sunlight and Mosaic to provide solar loans. Since Sunlight said they can't refinance their own loan, I called Mosaic. They told me that they cannot refinance any loans or even provide a fresh loan for me. I have to go through Tesla to get a loan from them. So, looks like the new financing terms are closed for existing Tesla customers who already have a loan underway. As a last measure, I will write to my project advisor and see what she says...

Was able to chat with Tesla sales. They told me that they work with Sunlight and Mosaic to provide solar loans. Since Sunlight said they can't refinance their own loan, I called Mosaic. They told me that they cannot refinance any loans or even provide a fresh loan for me. I have to go through Tesla to get a loan from them. So, looks like the new financing terms are closed for existing Tesla customers who already have a loan underway. As a last measure, I will write to my project advisor and see what she says...
The other option is to cancel your order and then reorder If you have started the project or the payments.