Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Solar App Alternatives?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am considering Tesla Solar App alternatives. I'm doing a second Tesla solar install and my SA is telling me they will likely need to be managed under two different email addresses (because that's how they're setup currently). My only option to prevent this would be to cancel the order, forfeit my deposit, and start over.

Is Tesla equipment open source enough that with an API I could get all the information I need directly from the equipment and bypass the Tesla App? Maybe some people are already doing this?

I've read here that there are some alternatives. TeslaFI and this Python GUI were two mentioned. I haven't had time to dig into either just yet. I'm just trying to decide if I proceed with my install or cancel and reorder...

I am considering Tesla Solar App alternatives. I'm doing a second Tesla solar install and my SA is telling me they will likely need to be managed under two different email addresses (because that's how they're setup currently). My only option to prevent this would be to cancel the order, forfeit my deposit, and start over.

Is Tesla equipment open source enough that with an API I could get all the information I need directly from the equipment and bypass the Tesla App? Maybe some people are already doing this?

I've read here that there are some alternatives. TeslaFI and this Python GUI were two mentioned. I haven't had time to dig into either just yet. I'm just trying to decide if I proceed with my install or cancel and reorder...
Uh, no. Tesla can manage multiple installs under the same login on the same app. You may need to have them migrate one but all doable.

I have 3 different properties all with Tesla and all are present on my app under one email. I just swipe to each one. One of them has three different PV systems, a 3rd party, Solar City (now Tesla), and Tesla. The house also has Powerwalls. I see the total production of all the PV systems under the Powerwall entry. I can also see the standalone production of the Solar City system. I wanted to see the stand alone production of the newest Tesla PV system but they couldn't/wouldn't do that but it is in total. I also have my own instrumentation so not a big deal.

One of the properties I purchased had Tesla (Solar City) system already on it and they were able to migrate to my account.

So the bottom line is you can have multiple PV systems under one account/email address. Heck these days you can even give access to your PV data to another Tesla user.

• Helpful
Reactions: Gu$ G and BGbreeder
Great info guys. Also good to know they could migrate and combine the info.

Interesting they told you you couldn't see the stand alone production of your 3rd system when Tesla installed it. That's basically the opposite of what this SA told me. Haha.

Great info guys. Also good to know they could migrate and combine the info.

Interesting they told you you couldn't see the stand alone production of your 3rd system when Tesla installed it. That's basically the opposite of what this SA told me. Haha.
Yep, at some point I will try again since I'm pretty sure they have the data since it is a Tesla Solar Inverter and it is connected to the network and sending that. It hasn't been a big deal because I have other instrumentation.